"Less Popular" Leader Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) 33
Hezekiah (Judah) 18
Menawa (Creek) (19-3)=16 Not as interesting as Powhatan, there may be better choices for a Creek leader
Powhatan (Powhatan Confederacy) (32+1)=33 He's a good choice for a Native American leader in Civ6.
Vercingetorix (Celts / Gauls) 21

Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) 33 + 1 = 34 (IMO the most successful leader remaining.)
Hezekiah (Judah) 18
Menawa (Creek) 16 - 3 = 13 (Didn't accomplish much.)
Powhatan (Powhatan Confederacy) 33

Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) 35 (34+1) even with two Greek leaders, a Roman one and Alexander, I think Byzantium should be included. And I don't want the Latin speaking early ones like Theodora or Justinian - this one is a really good and solid choice. The only one on this list for whom I don't see more counterarguments than arguments.
Hezekiah (Judah) 18
Menawa (Creek) 13
Powhatan (Powhatan Confederacy) 30 (33-3) I'm a racists and Eurocentric idiot to downvote this, because I've been taught that this is such a good option that no other explanation exists. I think he has way too many points for a leader of a short lived and small confederacy. He might be a good leader choice, but I didn't see convincing arguments to include the civ as of yet.

Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) 35+1=36 - The best choice left.
Hezekiah (Judah) 18
Menawa (Creek) 13-3=10 - We need a Native American leader, but I think that Powhatan would be better choice.
Powhatan (Powhatan Confederacy) 30

Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) (36-3)=33 While he's a good leader choice for Byzantium, I think he's running away with the game. Plus I don't find the Byzantines to be that interesting.
Hezekiah (Judah) 18
Menawa (Creek) 10
Powhatan (Powhatan Confederacy) (30+1)=31 When Firaxis puts the short-lived Huns in the game, anything goes. You can't compare Native American Civs to Civs like Egypt, Greece, because the recorded history is much shorter. The Powhatan still had a lasting impact on the English colonists and what became the USA. Should the Powhatan be put in the game over the Iroquois? Probably not, but I think Powhatan has potential as a Civ leader.

Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) 33
Hezekiah (Judah) 18 + 1 = 19 (For the unique defensive agenda he would likely have, with a unique diplomatic and religious twist, I like Hezekiah quite a bit; he's definitely flavorful. Also well-attested biblically and archaeologically, and respected by those of the faith)
Menawa (Creek) 10 - 3 = 7 (I'm actually surprised he lasted this far. He didn't really do much historically other than vengefully wipe out one guy's home and lose several key military engagements)
Powhatan (Powhatan Confederacy) 31

Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) 34 (33+1) Bring it home, Alex.
Hezekiah (Judah) 19
Menawa (Creek) 7
Powhatan (Powhatan Confederacy) 28 (31-3) I think Firaxis should learn from their mistakes (Huns) and not take it as an excuse for other (poor) choices. When I read about them, they just don't make me want to play as them, which is different for some other native north Americans. There seems to be a general problem in that region that some in my opinion great civs lack great and famous leader choices and some great leaders lack the great civs backing them. So it seems like some compromises are due, and I'd rater go for civs than for leaders (which means choosing something like Haida or Creek over this one for me).

Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) 34+1=35 - Actually, being the one who saved Byzantium from fall and made it stable and strong again, he's one of the best choices for Byzantium.
Hezekiah (Judah) 19
Menawa (Creek) 7-3=4 - I prefer Powhatan to be leader of some Native American Civ.
Powhatan (Powhatan Confederacy) 28

Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) 35
Hezekiah (Judah) 19
Menawa (Creek) (4-3)=1 I think there's at least one other suitable Creek/Muscogee leader than him. Plus, he didn't accomplish too much.
Powhatan (Powhatan Confederacy) (28+1)=29 I'm have a huge interest in North Amerindians, so I find the Powhatan Confederacy interesting enough to be in Civ. An alternative would be to make an Eastern Algonquian Civ, which would include the Powhatan and a bunch of other people (Lenape, Mohegan, Wampanoag, Abenaki, Mikmaq etc). Plus reading Charles Mann's 1498 book has piqued my interest in Powhatan and his people.

Why is Alexios I Komnenos considered a "less popular" leader?

Why is Alexios I Komnenos considered a "less popular" leader?
A pretty good question.

Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) 35+1=36 - He's probably the best choice here.
Hezekiah (Judah) 19
Menawa (Creek) 1-3=2 (ELIMINATED) - I prefer Powhatan to be a Native American leader.
Powhatan (Powhatan Confederacy) 29

By the way, I know it's probably too soon, but if there is going to be another round, I have one proposal for a "less popular" leader: John the Blind (Bohemia).

Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) 36
Hezekiah (Judah) 19
Powhatan (Powhatan Confederacy) (29+1)=30 The fact that some of the Jamestown colonists were impressed by him says something about his character and rule. Powhatan might be a long shot for an actual Civ, but I'm mainly voting based on what Civ leaders I would want to see in-game. I hope someone makes a good Powhatan mod for Civ6 one day.
Vercingetorix (Celts / Gauls) (21-3)=18 His rebellion failed, and that's pretty much all he is known for. I would like to see some form of Celts in Civ6, but Firaxis needs to decide what exactly the Celts represent. Gauls? Britons? or later Irish/Scottish/Welsh?

Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) 37 (36+1) all has been said. He indeed is not really a less popular leader.
Hezekiah (Judah) 16 (19-3) I've probably said enough reasons why I do it.
Vercingetorix (Celts / Gauls) 19

Since Kimiimaro started already, I'd like to propose some revolutionary leaders that might indeed be "less popular" but very interesting: Lenin, Robespierre, Robert Blum, Mao, Nasser and Boumédiènne.

Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) 37 Agreed that he's not a less popular leader as such.
Hezekiah (Judah) 16 + 1 = 17 (Fits excellently with Civ VI's agenda system, with a defensive and diplomatic agenda that would accompany unique Kingdom of Judah religious bonuses.)
Vercingetorix (Celts / Gauls) 19 - 3 = 16 (Choices are getting tough now, and I repeat my earlier reservations about his having been defeated. Between Hezekiah and Vercingetorix, I prefer Hezekiah, who is a bit more unique than "warrior king" (we have plenty of those, so for one to stand out he would need a colorful agenda, etc)

Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) 37+1=38 - I'd like to see Byzantium to return, and being the one who stopped the decline of Byzantium and started the Komnenian Restoration, he would be a really nice pick for a leader.
Hezekiah (Judah) 17
Vercingetorix (Celts / Gauls) 16-3=13 - I think he is a good choice to represent Celts/Gauls in game. I'd like to see him, but let's be honest - he was the least successful leader left.

Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) 38
Hezekiah (Judah) 17
Powhatan (Powhatan Confederacy) (30+1)=31 He probably won't survive much longer, due to the unpopularity of Powhatan being a Civ. But he is an important figure in the history of the American colonies, and so far Firaxis hasn't portrayed a Native American leader from that time period (1600s).
Vercingetorix (Celts / Gauls) (13-3)=10 4th Place is good for him. Since he's known only for his failed rebellion, he should make his exit now.

Hezekiah (Judah) 17 + 1 = 18 (See above. I think he will likely come in third, which is fine by me. Excellent fit for VI's agenda system)
Vercingetorix (Celts / Gauls) 10 - 3 = 7 (Agreed with the above. This is a great finish for a defeated leader executed by Rome.)

Hezekiah (Judah) 18+1=19 - A good choice to represent Hebrews in game.
Vercingetorix (Celts / Gauls) 7-3=4 - Not a bad choice to represent Celts. He could be good for representing the Gauls, as I'd love to see some concrete tribe. His resistance was really interesting, but he eventually failed.

Hezekiah (Judah) 19
Powhatan (Powhatan Confederacy) (31+1)=32 If only Powhatan was an Iroquois leader...but regardless, I think he is a good choice for an Amerindian leader in Civ. One could say that the Powhatan people have survived into the modern day, so length of existence is not an issue for me.
Vercingetorix (Celts / Gauls) (4-3)=1 For a defeated leader, fourth place ain't so bad.

Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) 38 - 3 = 35. I would like Basil II for the Eastern Empire if I had a choice.
Hezekiah (Judah) 19
Powhatan (Powhatan Confederacy) 32+1=33 Tribes under Powhatan's control still exist today. Upper & Lower Mattaponi and the Pamunkey tribes still exist and pay tribute to the Governor of Virginia according to the treaties signed in the 1600s. They also still own land designated by those same treaties.
Vercingetorix (Celts / Gauls) 1

Alexios I Komnenos (Byzantium) 35
Hezekiah (Judah) 19
Powhatan (Powhatan Confederacy) (33+1)=34 I still think he's a good choice for an Amerindian leader.
Vercingetorix (Celts / Gauls) 1-3=0 ELIMINATED! 4th place is good enough for the strangled Gallic leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom