Let's discuss ASMR Videos

Commodore

Deity
As the title says, this is a thread for discussing ASMR videos. For those who aren't aware ASMR stands for autonomous sensory meridian response. The videos that elicit this response in the viewer use directional sound and very sensitive audio recording equipment in order to induce a feeling of relaxation and euphoria in the viewer/listener. To get the full effect, one must have pretty high quality headphones that are capable of properly outputting directional sound. Noise-cancelling capability is also a plus, but not entirely necessary.

A lot of people use these videos as a method of stress relief or as a sleep aid. I personally used to make fun of the whole thing until I actually watched an ASMR video. I can't remember the last time I felt as calm as when I was watching that video. Since then, I have sort of become hooked on them and they have become my go to method of stress relief.

So is there anyone else here who watches ASMR videos? If so, what do you watch them for? Entertainment? Stress relief? Sleep aid? Do you have any ASMR personality that you prefer to watch or will anyone do? My favorite is ASMR Darling on YouTube. I've watched others, but I find her videos to be the most relaxing by far.

Have you tried ones that use binaural beats?

Do they contain hypnotic suggestion? We could make a certain style really popular in the Pacific Northwest, and just like the alien mothership in Independence Day, insert bad code into the progressive liberals, which they, themselves would soon disseminate to the rest of the country. We could literally hold the entire left hostage for... one MILLION dollars.

I listen to it. Sometimes it helps me center myself. Very rarely I watch it, maybe once a month. When I do watch it, it's usually a Reiki video because of the hand movements.

My favourites include softlygaloshes and JellybeanASMR.

Edit: I actually maintain a playlist of the videos that work on me best, so they are my go-to when I feel in need. Linked here!

Have you tried ones that use binaural beats?

No, I've only watched the "roleplaying" ones where they pretend to be giving you a haircut, scalp massage, or something like that. Is there supposed to be anything special the binaural beats do that other ASMR videos don't?

I listen to it. Sometimes it helps me center myself. Very rarely I watch it, maybe once a month. When I do watch it, it's usually a Reiki video because of the hand movements.

My favourites include softlygaloshes and JellybeanASMR.

Edit: I actually maintain a playlist of the videos that work on me best, so they are my go-to when I feel in need. Linked here!

Thanks. I'll definitely check out that playlist.

What seems to really work on me the most are the videos that do a lot of tapping and light scratching along with whispering. That's why I like ASMR Darling. She does a lot of that.

I'm subscribed to the ASMR subreddit but don't really take that community very seriously. For the most part the people creating the videos are just people looking to make some extra money on the side. There seems to be a demand for these videos, and I've watched a couple and had an internal response that they're going for (I think), but watching videos of people whispering is just weird, man. So I checked out a couple videos and that was it.

Apparantly it's supposed to make you feel sexual climax :/

Some of the noises of things they do can sound kinda nice, but the "whispering" they all do is horrible and disgusting and I feel nausea just thinking about it

I guess I'm sort of into ASMR, depends on the video. The usual roleplaying stuff doesn't give me much. But watching someone getting pampered with in an ASMRish setting can be pretty darn relaxing.
I'm sure I don't experience ASMR to the fullest. I've never felt those tingles everybody is going on about. It's more about just a feeling of general relaxation.

I've never felt those tingles everybody is going on about. It's more about just a feeling of general relaxation

That's kinda how I feel when watching them. Although I do feel this weird sensation when watching them, but it's definitely not "tingles". I don't even really know how to describe it, all I know is it relaxes me.

No, I've only watched the "roleplaying" ones where they pretend to be giving you a haircut, scalp massage, or something like that. Is there supposed to be anything special the binaural beats do that other ASMR videos don't?

Neural entrainment - actually getting your brain to settle down toward theta frequencies directly.

No, I'm not making this up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats

My favorite is ASMR Darling on YouTube. I've watched others, but I find her videos to be the most relaxing by far.
Indeed...:smug:

ASMR Darling:

Spoiler More ASMR Darling pics :

Yes, very "relaxing"... I can imagine her relaxing me right now.;)

Top Bottom