Let's Discuss Poland

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Cause landmass is important when considering worthy cultures..

2) Red herring. Who cares?

3) Oh please, that's so overblown it's hilarious. Has it ever occured to you that Ethiopians "resisted" well because the worthless dirt they lived on didn't interest the Europeans that much. To say nothing of the diseases.

1. Cultures? No. Civilizations? Yes.

2. I do. Got a problem with that?

3. What occurs in relevant historical research is Menelik was a good emperor, who bothered with stuff like obtaining modern arms before fighting Europeans, unlike countless tropical cultures who lived on "worthless dirt", several of which are featured in CIV.

my view:

Poland has a deserving place for 2nd expansion and beyond.

problem is, other civs do too.

1) If Ethiopia was in Europe, it would have been surronded by fertile ground instead of desert and would have expanded to dominate much of Europe.

And if my grandma had wheels she'd be a wagon.

2) This gives Ethiopia a very important historical significance. It also shows they survived the muslim expansion that didn't give . .. .. .. . about how good soil is.

Oh yes, religious fundamentalists resisted attempts at converssion by another set of religious fundamentalists. STOP THE PRESSES!

3) The Ethiopian highlands has very fertile soil that gives birth to the Nile. The dirt is also rich in natural resources including gold.

Somebody ought to tell this to the Ethiopians then. Maybe they'd stop polluting my TV with charity appeals because they're too damn stupid to feed themselves.

Moderator Action: Ease up. Trollish behavior is not acceptable around here.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

1. Cultures? No. Civilizations? Yes.

Where's Brazil and Canada then?

2. I do. Got a problem with that?

You're grasping at straws, dood.

3. What occurs in relevant historical research is Menelik was a good emperor, who bothered with stuff like obtaining modern arms before fighting Europeans, unlike countless tropical cultures who lived on "worthless dirt", several of which are featured in CIV.

Ahahahaha. That's utterly hilarious. Of course, the fact that Ethiopia was rife with diseases Europeans weren't immune to haave nothing to do with that. :rolleyes:

No no no, this is more like a gathering.. a camp if you will where people may concentrate their thoughts on Poland. You could call it a concentration camp.

Moderator Action: Warned - Inappropiate and not funny
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Not funny. Tasteless. Post spammer alert! (^) This thread has developed 9 pages in one day?! Damn. Here's my opinion on Poland:
1. It's a pointless fight, Firaxis isn't ever going to include them.
2. It's quite tiring
3. I don't feel bad for you at this point, because I thought poland as a civ was a stupid idea in the beginning anyway.
4. You can mod poland in if you want, so it's not worth arguing over.
5. Just OT, why didn't you give him an infraction for that Methos?

Somebody ought to tell this to the Ethiopians then. Maybe they'd stop polluting my TV with charity appeals because they're too damn stupid to feed themselves.

I'm disgusted with Evil_Twin's ongoing racist slurs of varying countries..... you might think it's funny to make attacks on people that can't respond, but it's just showing you up to be a prejudiced racist that should go find a site with like-minded people.

Some of the worst posting I have ever seen on this site.

Definately looks like Evil Twin watches too much South Park.
What he does have going for him is consistency, seems like he's ready to slag any nationality off. Some comments are funny but others just go too far.
Tone it down Dood.

P.S. Imagine what the South Park guys would think about Pooland

you really think an american company is gonna put.. poland.. in

seriously.. and ethiopia is in because it's where they have found the oldest human-type remains ever and until they have another find somewhere else it's being considered the place where humans began.. that isn't historicly significant or anything..

CURSE POLAND, WHERE THE HECK IS BRAZIL?????
WE GOT THE CHRIST, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! AND WE GOT THE MIDAS QUEEN!
HELL, WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT???

(Brazilian completely ultra-nationalistic and biased thread about including Brazil in the 15th expansion of CIV4 shall come soon afterwards!)

Ps: It IS a joke.

I'm disgusted with Evil_Twin's ongoing racist slurs of varying countries..... you might think it's funny to make attacks on people that can't respond, but it's just showing you up to be a prejudiced racist that should go find a site with like-minded people.

Some of the worst posting I have ever seen on this site.

Your argument is meaningless. I knew somebody would bring up the race card.
Hey, sorry. Doesn't work. Portugal isn't a race. And neither is Ethiopia. And no, I wouldn't be racist against blacks, since I *want* Nubia in. Nor have I ever said anything against Mali or the Zulus.

Ethiopia is a worthless, leech state. It's that simple. And no evidence provided has convinced me of anything else. Don't like it? Tough.

you really think an american company is gonna put.. poland.. in

seriously.. and ethiopia is in because it's where they have found the oldest human-type remains ever and until they have another find somewhere else it's being considered the place where humans began.. that isn't historicly significant or anything..

Explain how that is significant to CIVILIZATION.
Civ is about 6000 years of recorded human history, not the origins of man.

Yes, civilization covers 6000 years, civs comes and go, minor powers become great powers and revert back again. So if Ethiopia is dirt, war and famine today, it hasn't always been. So mr. Evil Twin (or E.T. for short), if you are going to throw references here and there, perhaps you should go and learn something about it first, it helps.

4. You can mod poland in if you want, so it's not worth arguing over.

Er, no, no we can't. We can't all code in Python and make leaderhead art. Normally I don't like to get involved in these Poland arguments, but that's the worst argument I've ever seen for not including Poland, or any other country.

I simply agree with TheLastOne36.
Poland should be included. There are enough historical and political reasons.

Even if we Fraxis cannot add every civilization to the game the addition of more is just a good business for them, because then more people will buy the game in added country.

And concluding all this thing - game is for fun, so let's have fun and play, not discuss.

CURSE POLAND, WHERE THE HECK IS BRAZIL?????
WE GOT THE CHRIST, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! AND WE GOT THE MIDAS QUEEN!
HELL, WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT???

What the Moderator Action: heck is wrong with you man? Brazil is no match for venezuela and Simon Bolivar. Unargubaly the most important figure in latin american history.

*it's a joke to.*

Portugal isn't a race.

Umm yah they are.

And neither is Ethiopia.

Are you saying that all africans are 1 race? WTF?

Explain how that is significant to CIVILIZATION.
Civ is about 6000 years of recorded human history, not the origins of man.

And how many civs in the game are 6000 years old? The game would be exclusive to India, Sumeria, China and Egypt trhen.

Er, no, no we can't. We can't all code in Python and make leaderhead art. Normally I don't like to get involved in these Poland arguments, but that's the worst argument I've ever seen for not including Poland, or any other country.

And we can't play multiplayer...

Also Evil twin:

Ancient ethiopia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ethiopia#Ancient_Ethiopia
Judaic Ethiopia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ethiopia#Judaic_Ethiopia
Biblical Ethiopia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ethiopia#Biblical_Ethiopia
Kingdom of Axum: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ethiopia#Kingdom_of_Axum

That's the Ethiopia Fireaxis added.

Moderator Action: Language.

Even if we Fraxis cannot add every civilization to the game the addition of more is just a good business for them, because then more people will buy the game in added country.

It's not as easy as clicking the "Add country X"-button, there is work involved with each addition. And the gain of doing that work just to add bland and unfamous civilizations with the sole aim of selling a few extra copies in said civs current country/countries, is questionable. And I say a few extra copies, as I don't think the number of people who buy games solely for their country being mentioned is that great.

Umm yah they are.

Now they're not. Portugal is a country, countries do not define the race of people living in them.

Now they're not. Portugal is a country, countries do not define the race of people living in them.

So portuguese people don't exist? there basically spaniards with amother language?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom