Let's Discuss Poland

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not as easy as clicking the "Add country X"-button, there is work involved with each addition. And the gain of doing that work just to add bland and unfamous civilizations with the sole aim of selling a few extra copies in said civs current country/countries, is questionable. And I say a few extra copies, as I don't think the number of people who buy games solely for their country being mentioned is that great.

There are many mods which can just be adopted and used in final version. Final effort would not be so big.

The addition of new CIVs was one of most importent changes for BTS, why Fraxis added 10 contries if not because of those "few" additional copies which would be sold in added countries (of course not for all, some not exist now :] ).
Giving more variety of civilizations in possible games is also a good point for all.

TheLastOne36, check out Superpower II. You can play as any nation that is a member of the U.N. as of 1991. You have full control of politics, economy, and military using real dollars. You can even research tech. Play as Poland in that game, realize how impossible it is to make a game where that many countries are represented. It is a terrible game. Not fun at all.

If you put Poland in Civ, you would have to put Italy, Brazil, (forget Arabia) put Iraq Iran the U.A.E. Saudi Arabia, Khazakstahn, the Balkans, Austria, Argentina, Mexico, Canada, etc. get it. Not everyone with a rich history can be represented. Everyone has a rich history. Poland never had an "empire" colonial or otherwise.

Yes but this game doesn't have 200 civs. It has only about 34 civs. adding a bit more wouldn't be a problem. If i had to add more, i'd add only Austria, Poland, Polynesia, Swahili and Gran Colombia/Venezuela.

But you must be able to see many countires have an argument to be included but everyone cant be in . Ireland has many, many large cultural achievemernts, but even I know it would be ridiculous for us to be in. Poland would be more deserving, but there are so many countries who would be ahead of them. Especially yugoslavia

Sorry for posting a off topic post,but which one is the right one?

"The idea isn't to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George S. Patton
This one?

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." - General George S. Patton
Or this one?

Yugoslavia was an ill-conceived Serbian miniempire and the majority of Yugo citizens wanted to break away ASAP. Yugoslavia is the worst "include" proposition I've seen on this forum.

Yugoslavia is the greatest nation in the history of humanity. Now take that back

Ethiopia is a worthless, leech state. It's that simple. And no evidence provided has convinced me of anything else. Don't like it? Tough.

No, you are a worthless poster who has slammed races and nations willy nilly with no respect for them or for fact. Dont like it? Tough.

People like you make places like this far from the intelligent debate they should be. I'm surprised you can see past the white sheet you're wearing to type.

Convincing the intellectually blind is a thankless task, obviously the facts failed to convince your rather dullard opinions, your supremacy is clearly fixed in stone. Sickening.... and filthy.

Er, no, no we can't. We can't all code in Python and make leaderhead art. Normally I don't like to get involved in these Poland arguments, but that's the worst argument I've ever seen for not including Poland, or any other country.

It's all easy XML work, and there's probably a LH you can use from here. Such as...Jon Sobieski?!?! :D Nothing to do with Python. And anyway, I wasn't saying that they shouldn't be included because you can mod them. I said that you shouldn't be constantly complaining if you CAN mod them in. Mis-interpreted...:nono:

Yes but this game doesn't have 200 civs. It has only about 34 civs. adding a bit more wouldn't be a problem. If i had to add more, i'd add only Austria, Poland, Polynesia, Swahili and Gran Colombia/Venezuela.

The problem with using Swahili... or Bantu.... is that they are names based upon use of a language rather than of a nation.

So portuguese people don't exist? there basically spaniards with amother language?

Though the word race often has it's meaning and purpose questioned, I fail to see how one can equate it's meaning with nationality alone. If a country splits into two countries, that don't suddenly create a new race. Similarily, people of different races (through outside definitons or their own view of themselves) can live in and be nationals of the same country.

Yes but Span and Portugal wasn't originally 1 country. Spain conquered them some time in history i think but that's the closest you'll get.

But you must be able to see many countires have an argument to be included but everyone cant be in . Ireland has many, many large cultural achievemernts, but even I know it would be ridiculous for us to be in.

Reminds me of that Futurama episode that depicts Ireland before the invention of whiskey where everyone has flying cars and whatnot... :)

Only if Henrik Larsson is the leader. and his tounge is sticking out in the leaderhead

Umm yah they are.

Somebody needs to understand the difference between race and nationality.

Are you saying that all africans are 1 race? WTF?

See above.

And how many civs in the game are 6000 years old? The game would be exclusive to India, Sumeria, China and Egypt trhen.

That's not my point. I'm saying that 6000 years of recorded human history does not include evolution.

And none of those are more worthy than other civs that should've got in. Ethiopia is the bottom of the barrel in any era.

<snip pointless flaming and veiled accusations of racism>

You know, I regard the race card to be roughly on a par with Godwin's Law.
Since it appears you have no real argument left, concession accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom