Let's Go...Dutch?!?!

ALL OF THE ABOVE! :mwaha::mwaha::mwaha:

But really, I vote on colonizing England... with heavy force!

Get England first, then America, then Australia.

England, definitely.

How did you guess :mischief:

Well, we have 5 A's.

For anyone who didn't get to vote, next time be crazier and check every five minutes like the rest of us! :lol::lol::p:p

ENGLAND'S SUN 'BOUT TO SET, GUV!

Rename London: England Sucks!

HISTORY OF THE WORLD: THE NETHERLANDS

The seafaring history of the Netherlands received quite a shock under King Henry II, as he used new technology to modify the ancient galleys that had prowled the Baltic into what he called “Indiamen”, for the design was taken from the once-Arabian scientists, who had in turn stolen it from the Indies.
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, half a world away, Henry Hudson found yet another new continent. This one he decided to call “Australia” after a corruption of the native word for “Giant Trees Floating?” which he, obviously did not understand, as “…the natives used it (Australia) frequently enough while pointing to their land, thus I named it so.” While this period of Dutch exploration was going on, it was revealed by the Census that the Netherlands had “two million free souls”. Their power stretched across the world. Their only foe was one who also had a maritime tradition, but was much more repressive. England.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

It was England who the Netherlands feared. Thus it was no surprise when generals came into the Palace and spoke with King Henry II about the necessity of better fortifications. To their surprise, he whole-heartedly agreed and a building plan was quickly agreed to.
Spoiler :

After many years, by 1495, an Indiaman had arrived to take the Dutch recruits home. A Pikemen unit was given to their steadfast friends and gracious hosts, the Aztecs.
Spoiler :

1495 also gave us a new popular ballad “Hudson went around the globe live, in fourteen hundred ninety five”, celebrating the discovery by Henry Hudson that the world WAS indeed round, as generations of thinkers had believed. Despite this achievement, the Dutch were still much behind the English in terms of culture, which King Henry II promised to fix. However, he was around 65 by this time, and in ill health. He made his son, Prince Ricard III, promise to fix the English problem; by steel or paint.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

King Henry II’s last achievement was the joining of the Aztecs to the rest of the Empire. They voluntarily joined, as the Pikemen unit he gave them was the pinnacle of their military technology, but mostly obsolete in Europe.
Spoiler :

King Ricard III quickly began following in his father’s footsteps in many ways. First, in accordance with his promise, he built a massive Chapel in the heart of the Empire. People came from places as far away as Arabia, Turkey, and even China to see these new works of art.
Spoiler :

In 1525, King Ricard III had some unusual guests. These particular guests were English noblemen, and through a translator, told him that if he invaded England, the masses would rise up to join him. King Ricard III wasn’t quite committed, but he did say it was an appealing concept. Unfortunately, the translator, who was an English spy, fled to London and told the story to Queen Elizabeth. Enraged, he declared war on the Netherlands in 1525. Dutch ships immediately blockaded London harbor, and began ferrying troops into England.
Spoiler :

One of the visitors to the massive Chapel constructed by King Ricard III, a Xi Ling Shi, a Chinese scientist, stayed and went to Amsterdam to build an academy devoted to science.
Spoiler :

After a brutal 30 Year Campaign in England, London was taken. It was kept, and the crown jewel of the English Empire was now Dutch. Manchester, very close to London, was captured and burnt, as the vile translator was found and “every man was made to kick him, while doctors kept him conscious. As he obtained many bruises, eventually, he was strapped to horses and slowly pulled apart. His screams could be heard for miles, and many of the men made jokes about how he looked taller now.”
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

The English refused to capitulate, and their navy was smashed by the more advanced Indiamen. Inverness, the second capital of England, was captured in 1580. King Ricard III died in 1581, knowing that “I have done my duty to my father and my country….” The new King, King John III inherited 5 million people, and dominance over the Atlantic as England collapsed in 1595.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

A glorious revolution.

You should update your RFC when you finish this game!

Nice story! I rather enjoyed the part where "He (montezuma) promised 'to slaughter fifty thousand slaves' in honor of this occasion, and seemed '…rather confused when I (Henry Hudson) told him we did not have slaves'."

War mong monger warm conq! Slaves mong kill ar'mon

subbed.

Top Bottom