Let's Talk Immigration

There are very good reasons to support a ZERO immigration illegal or legal.
I support ZPG Zero Population growth. The USA already has too many people inside its borders. We dont need more. My politics have not changed since 1970.

Immigration defeats the initiative

Even if you support zero population growth as a whole you should support even higher immigration to the US. The US as a whole is very sparsely populated compared to much of the world. And when people come to the US, or any developed nation, their birthrate declines over a couple of generations at most. The way to end global population growth is to get as much of the world population out of subsistence living as possible.

I see the issue of acceptance as a very important one, tied to the availability of jobs.
However reducing the number of potential workers DOES benefit the remaining workers
Just so you know, the idea that immigrants 'take our jobs' is considered an economic fallacy.

Lump of labour fallacy.

Even if you support zero population growth as a whole you should support even higher immigration to the US. The US as a whole is very sparsely populated compared to much of the world. And when people come to the US, or any developed nation, their birthrate declines over a couple of generations at most. The way to end global population growth is to get as much of the world population out of subsistence living as possible.

First, trying to assist a world that refuses to control its own population is stupid.
Muslim dominated countries are an example.
'If" the USA is sparsley populated that is GOOD, not bad. Why are we obligated to serve
as a 'body' relief valve. We are NOT so obligated.

You will never get places like Indonesia to try and control their populations.
They WILL over breed and starve. My response is, let them
Same with Haiti

First, trying to assist a world that refuses to control its own population is stupid.
Muslim dominated countries are an example.
'If" the USA is sparsley populated that is GOOD, not bad. Why are we obligated to serve
as a 'body' relief valve. We are NOT so obligated.

You will never get places like Indonesia to try and control their populations.
They WILL over breed and starve. My response is, let them
Same with Haiti

So even though immigration has always been a very strong net positive for the US, you want to cut it off just to punish people? That's called cutting off your nose to spite your face. :crazyeye:

Take a class on sustainable standard of living. If you want the USA standard of living,
it must be ecologicly sustainable

If that's the goal then start switching to renewable energy.

Also, fun fact: Indonesian women have about the same number of children as Americans. The Iranians have less.

So even though immigration has always been a very strong net positive for the US, you want to cut it off just to punish people? That's called cutting off your nose to spite your face. :crazyeye:

ZPG is to sustain the people already here. Not punish anyone

Err, Iran, Indonesia and Turkey are all at or below the replacement rate... Bangladesh probably is too, though I don't know what its replacement rate is.

Err, Iran, Indonesia and Turkey are all at or below the replacement rate... Bangladesh probably is too, though I don't know what its replacement rate is.

Their population are still growing though. Chifeng is an advocate for zero population growth; to him, it's not enough that countries reduce their fertility rate, their population must stop growing altogether.

The United States is growing at 1% per year (which is about the same as Lebanon), so to Chifeng it's one of those stupid countries that "refuses to control its own population".

Oh, wow. Maybe we should increase the mortality rate and kick people out of hospitals when they hit a certain age? You know, burn the candle at both ends.

Their population are still growing though. Chifeng is an advocate for zero population growth; to him, it's not enough that countries reduce their fertility rate, their population must stop growing altogether.

The United States is growing at 1% per year (which is about the same as Lebanon), so to Chifeng it's one of those stupid countries that "refuses to control its own population".

In a sense yes. Allowing so much legal and illegal immigration is the same as breeding.
So no, we dont control our population.

Top Bottom