1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LH] Mussolini

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Ekmek, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

2. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I don't know if anybody is still checking this out, but is there a button for him? There wasn't one in the zip I DLed.

3. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

4. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Yeah, I noticed that too... I made a button for the Wolfshanze Mod... it's at the end of this post.

Also, I have plans to redo his uniform... I just don't like it... His face is perfect but I think the uniform could use some work, and it's something I'm good at. I've got a plan, I just need to motivate myself to do it.

Attached Files:

5. Ekmek

wolfie that would be great if you could do that. who the hell knows what happened mourndraken anyways...he let us down ;)

6. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

There's a lot of pictures and a lot of documentary info on Mussolini's common wear of the Italian Field Blue uniform (and he often wore this with the black fez)... in fact, I just watched the 1985 mini-series with George C. Scott as Mussolini a week ago and it made me go insane watching how cool he looked in that blue uniform (he wore it for most of the mini-series... with the silly fez cap).

I need to change the uniform over to the Italian Blue uniform... and (of course) correct the insignia for Il Duce (which I also have info on). It would look something like this:

7. DWOLF

DWOLF Death Before Dishonor

I'll be looking forward to that Wolfshanze...:goodjob:

8. Ekmek

you know better than I and you got the passion for it. It looks like you are on the hook!

9. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Well, with all my WWII Generals (including an Italian one in Field Blue, which gave me plenty of knowledge of Italian uniforms), I think I can take the step up to trying my hand on a LH. Like I said, it's just getting serious enough to sit down and do it... I already have the source info.

10. DWOLF

WELL DO IT ALREADY! <endcaps>

lol I really hope you sit down when you have spare time and dazzle us with your reskins.

11. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

I think I can have it done by the release of CD 2.1.

12. DWOLF

...really?...

13. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

I like the work done on the face of this leaderhead (does it use shaders?). I'll look into improving the uniform, and a new hat in a few months if I have some more time. I did make that Hirohito leaderhead a long time ago so I'm not terrible at making leaderheads, I just find it a lot more complicated than making units.

@DWOLF - I think Wolfshanze is being sarcastic, but if not, I hope he can learn how to improve this leaderhead very soon.

14. DWOLF

yeah I'm really hoping he's trying to be funny :mischief:...but whatever he's planning, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

15. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

Nice button Wolfshanze- I have a hard time with the alpha channel and the rounded edges.:goodjob:

16. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

I've got a "system" in-place now... takes me about 30-seconds to make any button from scratch now.

17. Cethegus

Cethegus King

The Mussolini in Road to War can't hold a candle to that one. That's very, very impressive work.

18. Ekmek