1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Light In The East: Civs Of The Orient(And Beyond)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by regalman, Apr 26, 2014.

1. bouncymischa

bouncymischa Synthetic Genie

Most likely the Heper Set is just missing the XML tag that the Granary got in BNW to give it the ability to trade food.

2. regalman

regalman Reckless Dolphin

Quick update:

Tunisia is making gradual progress, but a couple things are missing:

1. Unit model from Civ4

2. DOM speech/audio

3. Mod support: E&D, Map Labels, Unique Cultural Influence (Just a line of text guys :p, any suggestions would be great).

3. bouncymischa

bouncymischa Synthetic Genie

Sorry about that - I got a preliminary version working, but ran into a problem with the rigging, as the original model uses rather large meshes with a transparent texture that doesn't work in my version. Easiest solutions is to remove the rigging mesh - I can try that tonight and send you a copy to try out.

Aldo, did you want the skull-and-crossbones sail, or a blank black sail?

4. regalman

regalman Reckless Dolphin

Thanks! I would prefer the skull and crossbones sail.

5. FaohKi

FaohKi Guard of the East

Will you guys add Timurids by any chance?

6. COF

COF Emperor

Tomatekh has a great Timurid's mod is great, so there is no need for it.

7. retrocity5

retrocity5 The American Monarchist

How many Indian civs do you guys plan on making? I know Mysore and the Indo-Greeks are ones you are going to work on.

8. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

Nubia's decisions aren't showing up in game, and The Moor's are only getting culture bonus's, no science. I have other problems as well:
    Code:
    [53735.640] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\Light in the East and TarcisioCM - The Ptolemies(Cleopatra) (v 4)\Lua/Embassies.lua:61: attempt to call global 'GetScienceTooltip' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\Light in the East and TarcisioCM - The Ptolemies(Cleopatra) (v 4)\Lua/Embassies.lua:61: in function 'GrantUABonus'
    	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\Light in the East and TarcisioCM - The Ptolemies(Cleopatra) (v 4)\Lua/Embassies.lua:12: in function <C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\Light in the East and TarcisioCM - The Ptolemies(Cleopatra) (v 4)\Lua/Embassies.lua:5>
    Code:
    [53683.312] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\Light in the East - Sri Lanka (v 2)\Light In The East - Sri Lanka (v 1)/LUA/Sri_Lanka.lua:5: attempt to index global 'SriTable' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\Light in the East - Sri Lanka (v 2)\Light In The East - Sri Lanka (v 1)/LUA/Sri_Lanka.lua:5: in main chunk
    	=[C]: ?
    [53683.312] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\Light in the East - Sri Lanka (v 2)\Light In The East - Sri Lanka (v 1)/LUA/Sri_Lanka.lua.
    Code:
    [53685.796] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\Light In The East - The Safavid Empire (v 1)\Code\Mod compatibility\SafavidEventsSupport.lua:283: ')' expected (to close '(' at line 268) near 'save'
    I'm sorry to drop all of these errors on you, but I imagine other users have them too.

9. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

If any of the issues I mentioned are already known, I apologize.

10. COF

COF Emperor

It is probably better to mention those in MC's thread, they are the ones who uploaded it to Steam

11. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

Even the purely LITE ones?

12. COF

COF Emperor

I meant it regarding your issues with Nubia and the Moors, they were uploaded by either Suk or Pookie iirc

13. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

I understand from steam comments that Cleopatra's issues have been known for a while and are pending repair. I don't know if you know that it isn't just the capital that glitches out, my other cities had the same glitch. I have no idea what's causing the LUA errors in The Safavids and Sri Lanka, I may not know much about LUA but I couldn't find any open paragraphs or misspelled words that would cause it to fail.

14. Homusubi

Homusubi Lafcadio Hearn Wannabe

I leave Civ for a few years and come back to find someone's invading my territory... I'm taking Ainu back for CiVI, though - I've already got the leaderhead...

Anyway, that Ainu civ looks significantly better than mine anyway.

All together now: Akkeshi, Kunnui, Jorai, Kakkumi, Sumizome, Noboribetsu / Kamiyubetsu, Kyokushin, Utanai, Shimokawa, Kenbuchi, Wassamu, Attoko, Oshamambe...

15. retrocity5

Less than a month left. While I intend to play Civ VI a lot to give it a fair chance but, I don't think I'll even like it as much as Civ V, let a lone love it as much. I will always check the Workshop and Forums for all my favorite modders mods (if they still intend on modding for Civ V) including you guys over at LITE.

16. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

17. retrocity5

Yeah, some people are canning projects so they have enough time for Civ VI. It'll be great to see more civs from you rolling out!

18. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

...who? I don't think anyone has said they're actively scrapping projects they were working on in order to make time for civ VI. Tar lost interest regardless and OW was pretty much never going to finish all their plans

19. Mingel

Mingel Warlord

Hey guys,will Cleopatra be updated ?

20. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

What needs updating with Cleo?