1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LINESII- Into the Darkness

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Lord_Iggy, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Lengels are like Mongols but more into converting people into their nomadic, warlike way of life. I'm not sure about Mongol megalomania, but it's probably less than that of the Lengels.

2. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

iggy what is the my second mountain city? the one right next to my econ center is it called Helmeth??

could you give me info on it... is it good location for a culture center?

3. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Hemleth (eastern) and Kratha (western).

Uh, why would there be a cultural center there. They're both insignificant towns, with little to their name. For the moment, at least.

4. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Edit: My mistake, Mathlar (eastern) and Hemleth (western). I forgot to shift around the order in the stats.

5. ~Darkening~

~Darkening~ Weep, Mother.

@The Crystal people: Should I be worried that you guys didn't confirm the peace?

Prolouge: Ancient History

They say that man is basically evil; full of greed, desire and malice.

A large man steps forward, carrying both a large copper spear and a shield twice the size of usual ones. The man is so large that he towers over all those behind his line. He has long, curly black hair that falls neatly behind his head. He wears no shirt, but does wear a loose pair of leather shorts and woven sandals. A thin beard falls down from his chin. His eyes are full of icy blue hate as he swaggers forward again.

The man steps in front of a long line of men, the opposite army of a battle. Two large armies fill the small valley, standing nearly dead-on opposite of each other. While one side is made mainly up of barbarous warriors carrying spears, clubs, and a few slings. The other side is made up of a more civilized army. They stand in perfect unison, shoulders barely touching. They carry the same copper spears and shields all down the line. Many support helms upon their head, while the occasional doesn’t.

The man swaggers forward so far that he nearly manages to cover half the field. He shouts something at the other army, beckoning them forward with upraised arms. He sneers as none step forward, turning back to his brothers and giving them wild smiles. He roars again, beckoning the other army with a fierce snarl.

But they also say some men are the image of God: full of courage, kindness, and strength.

Finally a man has enough and steps forward off the line. The others stare at the man as if he is crazy, while a few applaud his bravery. He is one of the few who doesn’t support a helm, and his copper armor looks as if it has been passed down through a few generations. He has close cropped blond hair, and brown eyes that seem oddly out of place. He is dressed nearly the same as the barbarian, except for the small copper plate over his chest. He stands barely half the size of the other man.

The man stares at the other for a second before nearly falling over from laughter. He points at the smaller man to his friends, and they laugh too. The smaller man pays no heed to the group and confidently marches up to the larger man. Finally getting a hold upon himself, the man walks forward with a much larger swagger.

The larger man suddenly swings his large spear at the other man, nearly taking his head off. The smaller drops to the ground, leaves his spear and shield on the ground, and barely miss the large spear flying at his head. The larger man roars in frustration and hurls his own shield to the ground. He then begins to slam the spear down at the other, in an attempt to crush him.

The other man rolls to the left, barely missing another thrust from the spear. The larger man thrusts the deadly point again, finally managing to at least scrape the smaller man. This brings a smile to the larger man’s face, but it wouldn’t last for long. Recovering from the assault, the smaller man strikes forward at the bigger man’s kneecap, smashing his foot into the thick bone.

The larger man winces, dropping the smile from his face. He snarls like a vicious lion, smashing the spear towards the smaller man several times; all missing by mere fractions. The smaller man rolls several times on the ground, attempting to dodge the impaling-spear. Where the larger man has both strength and size for an advantage, the smaller man has only speed as his ally.

The smaller man rapidly brings his foot into contact with the larger man’s leg several times and with a sickening crack, the man drops to one knee. The larger man groans, suddenly trying to clean the cobwebs from his head. He suddenly reaches up with one massive hand and shoves the man away, sending him flying back a few yards.

The larger man shakily stands up on his feet, leaning heavily on the spear. He breathes in heavily, chest rising and falling in a deep pattern. He cries out suddenly as the smaller man slams his foot into the spear, knocking it out of his hands. He falls to the ground in a massive heap, sprawled out in defeat.

The smaller man labors over the fallen man, breathing in nearly as deep. He picks up his spear from where it lay and raised it above his head in a threatening way. And yet, for some reason, he can’t bring it down. He stands there for several minutes, struggling to find himself. Finally he groans and drops the spear to the ground. He turns around and walks away, leaving the man groaning on the ground.

They say man grew evil over time, his heart going from pure to darker than the night. They say he was cast out of Heaven for his sins by God.

A man wearily walks up a large hill overlooking a sprawling, choppy gray sea. A huge crowd stands behind him, huddled together in their hour of darkness. The all stand around in a large arc, forming a half circle behind the man. The man himself wears loose gray blue robes, hanging loosely around his feet. He had a long, gray beard that hung down in front of his chest. He kneels at the top of the hill, pitching his closed eyes up towards the Heavens. He prays for hours, seeking guidance from the One above.

He suddenly falls back on his behind, gasping for breath. He is helped up to his feet by several followers. He proclaims something in a shaky voice, something that gets an immediate reaction from the crowd. The let out immediate cheers, a deafening roar emerging from the entire crowd.

They say that after man was cast from Heaven he wander the lands. He founded cities and diversified. That he grew apart from his brothers and fell from the true path. That he became wicked and invented his own gods.

A man stands in near a large hill, surrounded by his friends and enemies. The men around him chatter with happiness and interest. They applaud as the man is finally ready to speak. He proudly holds up a red gem, and proclaims it to be of the God. He demands they worship The Red Lady and only her.

Meanwhile a few mountains away another man proclaims that those men are fools and misinterpreted the message. He proclaims that those worshipping The Red Lady solely are fools. He proclaims the they should be worshipping The Red Lady to an extend, but however it was her husband who is the true power in the world.

Down in the jungles a different religion appears. They worship a “blademaster” who apparently carries six swords; and that each one represents a maxim of truth. They convert the other barbarians in the region to their faith, and slaughter any who oppose it.

In the eastern mountains a new religion appears. The people worship a god who proclaims the other races of men demons and demands their deaths. They declare an eternal crusade against all other faiths and races, unleashing one of the most devastating wars in the world’s history.

Not all, however, are misinterpreted. A true faith appears on the small island of Veritas. Through the grace of the One, they expand and form an empire to rule over the world. And yet, over time their faith is distorted by contact with various other nations. And they are eventually struck down for these distortions.

Over time the world grew. Man populated every land, every island, an every bit of land he could. One of these places was the mountains east of Veritas. It was here the faith would stay complete.

A young man wanders the bustling streets of Veritas. He has short blond hair, and only has the rags that he wears to his name. He doesn’t even own a pair of simple sandals to his name. He walks with a visible limp. He wanders around the city for a long time: hours turn into days; days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months, and months turn into years.

Finally he stumbles into a priest, a very old man with loose robes tied around his waist. He speaks with a soft voice, taking the boy by his hand and leading him into the church. They stay in the church for hours, talking and talking about faith and the way of life.

The boy finally leaves, taking with him a faded book. He returns to his mountain home, taking with him his faith and his values. He spreads the word to the other villages, converting the men to the true faith. Yet despite all he does for his people, his name remains lost for time.

But the same force that approves of one thing can be against another. Such is the fate of this world.

The street of Buren is filled with massive crowds. The capital road of Dava has commanded the support of men all over the country. Men from all over the country parade down the expansive road, between the crowds of a celebrating mass. The government has demanded that the country give one huge celebration for its leaving men.

The soldiers parade in the middle of the celebration, outfitted in bronze armor that gleams in the lantern light. In front of them are the dancers. They were exotic costumes, masks of barbaric resemblance and dresses of wild colors. They perform leaping dances through the air and twirl upon the ground. Behind the men lay the bands: Men performing with primitive trumpets, flutes, and other instruments.

Along the sides of the road stands a woman, small in frame. Her dark brown hair reaches halfway down the woolen dress that she wears, and on top of her neck sits a small child. The boy is only around two or three years old, and claps enthusiastically at the parade. The woman’s gentle green eyes bore upon one of the men who walk along the road. Spotting her in the crowd he waves and smiles before he too is forced past the section.

So the world lies in a dangerous position. Men march back into hell, back to war. And so it is two weeks later that the world will fall and time comes to an end.

@ Iggy: When are orders due? Have to start preparing........

6. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

so what city is a potential for a cultural

7. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Though you stole my title Darkening, great story! :)

The Church will be undergoing a lot of "purification," both pre-and post Exodus.

8. ~Darkening~

Thanks. I swear these bloodly things are getting longer and longer. Had a diffrent title right up until I posted it, then decided to go with that one. :mischief:. Sorry about the split, but it had to be done. ;).

9. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

@Ken- Uh, neither. Stats are nearly done.

To: CRA

Would it be possible for the small territory of Hathran to be given to us? It was denied to us by Veritas centuries ago, but the Hathran still wish to join their Dula Bretheren, people of Tristaria.

10. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Don't worry about it. We can always reconcile the churches in a millenia or two, give or take. ;)

@Iggy: Whuh? I lost all my navy?

11. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Stats updated. Thlayli, many of your navy sought refuge or resorted to piracy. When central authority collapsed, they disippated. They're still out there, and you may be able to get a good fraction back.

12. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

i mean which city that i have, except for my capital, could become a cultural center

13. Contempt

Contempt The Barbarian Warlord

I still don't have the infomation regarding the rest of my stats.

14. conehead234

conehead234 Braves on the Warpath

Iggy my project should give +3 culture not confidence.

15. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

OOC: If the Shangei League got weaker, then how come their army got bigger :p

It's like Xi Shi actually strengthened them because well their stats are nicer then before! Also, how come naval ships don't have a strength stat? :confused:

16. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

@ davar, yes there is peace, atleast i hope there is *looks at the lengel*

17. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

It lost part of its economy and didn't grow as significantly as you did. It was 'relatively', remember.

@Kentharu- Well, most of your cities aren't all that remarkable. You'll have to do stories or a project.
    @conehead- Okay, I'll fix that.
    @Contempt- I'll send you a PM once I'm done with changing coney's project.

18. alex994

OOC: Maybe it's confidence should decrease as a result of this fray all over a women? ;)

19. ~Darkening~

Hah, I could care less about the Lengels. I doubt he'll stop attacking people until he's defeated. I'll jut sit back in my protected little place and prepare for war yet once more. Good luck, since hopefully you guys will be fighting him before me. Thats the main reason I'm giving in after all. He's pretty much gonna run everybody down, I bet. So he'll have to go through Maugot, Ikki, Citadel, Malavakia (or whatever it is), Gammororea (same thing), and hopefully your alliance. Hopefully give me atleast three or four turns. :mischief:

20. alex994

OOC: All of you underestimate contempt, I forsee he'll spread from sea to sea even sacking Delhi. :p