LINESII- Into the Darkness

@alex- Didn't I lower confidence by one?

Damn! I must have forgotten it the second time (my update got partly deleted by the login timeout)

OOC: All of you underestimate contempt, I forsee he'll spread from sea to sea even sacking Delhi.

I doubt it. I mean, he'll probably end up fighting everyone. I'll wait a little while before I get involved, but I'm not gonna be stupid and allowing him to conquoer everybody else before I try to help. I think everyone combined could probably take him down, if everyone works together after all.

Lord_Iggy said:
@alex- Didn't I lower confidence by one?

Damn! I must have forgotten it the second time (my update got partly deleted by the login timeout)

In fact it didn't, and I really do appreciate your effort in this :) (fyi, for all you players, I keep detailed notes of all of you to see if any of your money is being spent in "espionage/scientific development/and etc" :p

Iggy, can we have the vote results for the two northern dominions of former Veritas? If they indeed join Davar, the two eco will be paid by them. Can you confirm this, Darkening?

erez87 said:
Hey thats not fair, Langels should have known stats by now...

If we don't know an exact count, we should at least have an estimate. Maugot's army at the time of their battle was ~12,000 men. Was the army they fought about the same size, larger, or significantly smaller? Did the army the face have horse archers, heavy cavalry, or both? At least Maugot, the Citadel, and Ikki should know this since we have all seen at least part of their army.

On a different note, how do you do story bonuses Iggy? Is it something noticeable that would show up every turn or just every once in a while or does it just cause a general positive feeling of you to us the player?

The city of Helmeth, was, to be perfectly honest, a center of mundane and normal activities in the Gorinese Empire. But with the allied victory over the corrupt Veritas Republic, the Gorin government could now focus on its interior, and the growth of the Gorin culture. This shift in the Empires focus also created a shifts if government funding which was now directly aimed at the city of Helmeth. Roads were already being constructed. Money was pouring into the city, new libraries were being constructed, monuments to Dula and one of the greatest additions, forges. Helmeth was a mountain city, and it was built off of the mountain. It was a city where metal working was a common job and a city that was growing in popularity.

The man, Dajo Math, who was the first to ever develop Iron into a strong alloy, was from Helmeth. It was there that he had done is greatest works. He had started a whole new subject, Math. This first started with extensive studies into the formation of triangles, since they were wildly known as the strongest shape. With the help of his son, Pythagoras Math (yes I’m that cheap) he developed a theorem for right angle triangles. This was that when the two sides that made up the right angle were squared separately and then added, their total was exactly the same as the side opposite of the right angle, squared. This discovery would revolutionize the architecture, and almost every aspect of life in the Gorin Empire. Math’s second great discovery was with the circle. While on his trip to the city of Gorin, one of the wheels on his cart broke. In order to replace it he had to find one the same size as the other four. He and his son then set out to find a tree which they could fall and cut in order to gain the wheel needed. Before they could do this, they had to find out big the wheel had to be. So, Math and his son then set out to study the other wheels on the cart, taking different measurements and comparing their findings to see if there was any correlation. This was when they discovered that the diameter of one wheel was almost exactly the same as the circumference if it was multiplied by three. Dajo Math then proceeded to draw a number of circles in the dirt and did the same. Each time they came to the same conclusion. Pythagoras immediately, on a rather sporadic moment that he frequently had, named it pie, since he was rather hungry for some at the moment. His father laughed but agreed with his son, who proceeded to nibble on the wooden wheel.

Pythagoras Math, after his fathers tragic death, moved back to Helmeth, where he continued his fathers work with any notes he could find (most were burnt). In his 30s he stopped pursuing his fathers dream of creating a usable iron alloy and when back to the seclusion of his fathers subject. In his late 30s he discovered the formula for the area of a circle. Now 43, he returns to the study of metals, in hopes of completing his fathers dream and rediscovering how to work iron into a strong enough alloy and finally getting it out to the public.

King Alexander had Ruled over the Conclusion to the Great War. He was the Architect of the ambush of 1130; that had shattered Vertis's armies. He had watched Kehoxu's Civil war with some trepidation, waiting for the precise moment to act. And his victory had been complete, 200 years of minor skirmishes, cataclysmic battles, Destruction on a scale never before seen, All over. Gone.

He felt like something should change within him, but he was left empty. His thoughts revolved around war. He thought to the future, but he could not lead his peoples. His dreams as a young man, rebuilding Khadon, Alexandria, Said, turned to dust. He could not be the designer of Khemris future.

His time was over, He would Abdicate in favour of his son, Prince Ptolmey and remain as an advisor. The people of Khemri, would be guided into the unseen future by a new King.

OOC: @Iggy; my pop didn't grow this turn, and my religion stats didn't change either, I was trying to push up the Andues religion numbers via Kiso's Commentaries.

King Ptolmey Arrived in Khi, the seat of Imperial power, since Said and Khadon were destroyed. There was no Grand Palace for his comfort. The Royal Family had campaigned more or less constantly for the past 250 years. The people did not cheer him anymore. They hardly knew him, he was a King that had been absent from their lives for years on end.

His First step as King was to talk to the richest man in the City, and ask him kindly for use of his House. The man, a merchant by the name of Kaos, had stumbled over his words, declared that it would be an honour to his name, and took off to his Country Retreat.

King Ptolmey would have to think of a suitable reward. Such acts of Kindness do not go unrewarded.

In Khi he began the painfull process of healing a broken peoples. His father stood beside his makeshift Throne. Helping him and guideing him.

The Door opened, and a man was announced, an Envoy to the King of Khemri.

"This is the Envoy I sent to the Kingdom of Myocaca many years ago, he sought to secure trade," His father immediatly began filling in details, and the more manipulative reasons he had made such a mission Known.

He gestured for him to be silent, smiling as he did so and bade the Envoy speak.

"Your majesty, I return from The Kingdom of Myocaca,"
"What news from the kingdom?"
"I have managed to secure trade agreements with them, and additionaly I exhanged blueprints to our Ballistas, for rights to buy Ramids,"
King Ptolmey squinted a bit, momentarily thinking it over;
"You have done good work, present the papars to The High Priest,"
With that he gestured the Envoy to leave.

When the door closed King Ptolemy turned to his father, "You realise that we could probably find Ramids in a few years once we have secured more territory south?"
"It was simply incase we needed another advantage over the Vertis armies and my plans failed, expansion would not have gone forward if that was the case. Always make back-up plans, no matter how assured you are of success,"

King Ptolmey nodded, he still felt like a child compared to his father. And he realised that King Alexander would probably be Known as the last Great Warrior King of Khemri. The rest of the world seemed unusally stable.

King Ptolmey would be known as a builder, he had plans to rebuild Khadon, Alexandria and Said. The Pilgrammage spot his father had iniated many years back was a fairly important site, Holy Ground to the faithfull, Khadon was a small town, still a spot where grain merchants stopped off at prior to sailing into the Khemrian Sea, and the Ocean of the One. Said, Said sat upon an important trade artery, King Ptolmey wasn't suprised in the least to hear that a small trade settlment had popped up a couple of leagues away from the site of Said.

He Had looked at the maps, and declared that he would build another city on the coast of the West Sea, what Nurmaferians reffered to as the "Sea of the Setting Sun,". In another Thought, he decided to name it Kaos, after the merchant who had lent him this house.

He Pondered what to do next, the Army was in a sorry state after the war, and certainly needed to be rebuilt, And a Navy would have to be built for the West Sea. He also thought he would build a city nearby the Khex border, to anchor his territory there for administrative purposes, and also act as a conduit for trade. Additionaly The road network badly needed to be repaired, it had fallen into decay in previous years.

Finally, a shadow had descended over Khemri, as news came from the north of a people calling themselves the Lengels, but information was scarce, and he hadn't the time to think of them at the moment.

If we don't know an exact count, we should at least have an estimate. Maugot's army at the time of their battle was ~12,000 men. Was the army they fought about the same size, larger, or significantly smaller? Did the army the face have horse archers, heavy cavalry, or both? At least Maugot, the Citadel, and Ikki should know this since we have all seen at least part of their army.
Primarily Horse archers, and estimates of the size of the armies seen range slightly above 10 thousand.

On a different note, how do you do story bonuses Iggy? Is it something noticeable that would show up every turn or just every once in a while or does it just cause a general positive feeling of you to us the player?
Stories can often get you cultural/religious/eco centers. I'm often better to story writing PCs in the update. Sometimes I make slight stat changes after a good story. They also help me get a good feel of your nation, which is mutually good.

Iggy, can we have the vote results for the two northern dominions of former Veritas? If they indeed join Davar, the two eco will be paid by them. Can you confirm this, Darkening?
Strategium wants to join Davar, and Hathran (which isn't respresented, but is still there) wants to join Tristaria. Kerania would like independence.

Nice stories. So the western sea is the Kaosian Ocean? I like that name.

And Kentharu, just keep with it in the getting iron. Things will work out if you just give them some time.

OOC: @Iggy; my pop didn't grow this turn, and my religion stats didn't change either, I was trying to push up the Andues religion numbers via Kiso's Commentaries.

@ Thy; Sorry I keep forgetting :sad: heh, You know how history is written by the victor? :mischief:

@Kal- Your population has started to plateau at the moment. However, many nations can be expecting something of a post-war baby boom.

You know how history is written by the victor?
I wonder how this'll turn out.

East of Maugot, Lengel Staging Camp​

The Lengelazi's tent stood in the center of a great war-host, thousands of the felt tents of the nomad warriors surrounding a tent covered in rich furs. But, in truth, there was little difference in the way the Lengelazi lived as Warlord than how his army lived. The Lengelazi hunted for his food just the same as his men, and he practiced his archery, and rode his horse, and honored the spirits.

The Lengelazi had the respect of his men for his conquests, and he had their loyalty through his actions off the battle field, for acting just the same as his brothers (and sisters, for their was a female host here as well, mostly with their husbands), hunting and training the same as any other warrior in the Lengel host.

Inside the tent, the Lengelazi sat upon the hard ground, helping his young son in drawing figures upon the hard dirt (although the rest of the ground of his tent was covered in soft furs). But the child was not drawing pictures of suns and of animals, the child was drawing his plans for an invasion of the civilized southern countries. While the child's plans were quite impossible, the Lengelazi was glad that already his son was taking a great interest in the cogs of war.

"Papa," began the boy in an innocent voice, "why do all those people out there serve you?"

The Lengelazi smiled at his son, ruffling his dark hair as he did so. "You see boy, " the Lengelazi's voice started, darkly and rough from the long days of conquest and ruling over ambitious warlords, "they serve me because I am the leader of our host. They serve me because I am the best tactician, the best warrior, and the strongest man here. Yet they follow me because I can lead them to glory until the end of the earth, because I can look them each in the eye, and respect them."

The young boy opened his mouth to speak, but the elder man shushed the young boy with a solemn look upon his face. The Lengelazi continued, standing to walk over to a nearby rack, covered in darkness. The man was physically fit, with a dark beard speckled with gray.

But above all, that man knew that one day he would die, and to keep the Lengel war host combined, a powerful successor, a powerful leader and tactician would need to take his place. Thus, the Lengelazi had groomed his only son (the rest were daughters, who were promised to several warlords to gain their loyalty) to replace him, to become the commander of the armies, and the Lengelazi when he died. When he would cease being the Lengelazi, and become once more Jochi Lengeliaz, Warlord of the Lengel tribe, a loving father, a good husband, a hunter, and a worshiper of the good gods.

Jochi took a small token from the rack, and returned to his son. Looking his son straight in the eye, the man silently handed a small rock amulet to his son. Upon the rock was a symbol of a sword driven straight into the ground: the symbol of the War god. As the child looked upon his new possession with wonder, the Lengelazi turned away before speaking again.

"My son," his voice sounded like it had the weight of the worlds on it, "if you wish to become like me, if you wish to see the fabled riches of the south, of the fabled great waters beyond, you must dedicate yourself to the war-god. You must dedicate yourself to be greater than I am, to be greater than all the Warlords of this continent. Already you are talented, but my son, I want to become legendary. My only son, Temujan."

And the boy nodded, his eyes shining with visions of greatness. He imagined himself bathing in a gigantic body of watered as great riches of golden toys were deposited before him. But his childish dreams would find no basis for reality, and as he grew, the boy would realize the importance of his quest...and the difficulty. Temujan did not know how hard his path would be, but already he was being taught by his father to meet the challenges he would one day face.

Didn't expect the vote, but thanks. Who and how much do I pay for Strategium?

Top Bottom