Little contest about German units in WW2 Army

imperator1961 said:
I will add the two units requested.
Hurray!
Well, armoured trains is an intersting question, I must think how create the units. There were in the net some models of train artillery units..... I must see what is possible to do expecially for the animations.
I can’t speak for Node60 but I only need the units to have the default, attack1 and death flc’s. A Tank Transporter Train (a unit I desperately need) would only need a default and death flc.[/QUOTE]

It would be desirable to see shturmpioner or sappers with animation of working actions (building of strengthenings, construction of roads, etc.)

It would be desirable to see shturmpioner or sappers with animation of working actions (building of strengthenings, construction of roads, etc.)

It would say that i need to create some worker units specific for each country. I remember that Plotinus has posted somewhere his worker animations, it's true? And where are now?

I'm not sure, but is possible to set a unit that can move only on railway?
No, it is not, unfortunately. The best you can do, is make every tile impassable to wheeled units, and set every unit as non-wheeled except for trains, rename roads to rails, and railroads to maglevs or something, or disable them altogether.

The disadvantages are pretty obvious, as lack of roads mean lack of faster movement speed for units until railways, and you can't differentiate between jungles/hills/mountains and grassland/plains for other units in terms of impassibility, as the only modifier you can use is movement speed, all terrain as road flags, movement speed penalties, and ignore movement costs for tiles, so it becomes a significant mechanics balance problem.

It would say that i need to create some worker units specific for each country. I remember that Plotinus has posted somewhere his worker animations, it's true? And where are now?
Plotinus posted a bunch here. Sadly, the forum migration lost a bunch of the images, but there's a ton of flavor workers here.

Plotinus posted his "Worker Unit complete animation set" in this thread, but the files hasn't survived hacks and/or site migration, unfortunatly. However, I have a copy of the zip-file. Hope it is okay for Plotinus thatt I re-upload it here - if it works (my first post with attactment on the new site).....
Regards Jorsalfare

Attachments

• Worker_Animations.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 58
I'm not sure, but is possible to set a unit that can move only on railway?
The only way to do that (afaik) would be to set them as "wheeled" and surround the railway with terrain that is impassable to all wheeled units.

Most of them are in this thread. No 20th c. military engineers.

And something to add to the list of possible units:

Scharfschützen
There appears to be quite a variety in both uniforms and rifles. No ghillie suits in the photos found and not sure how accurate the coloring on the miniatures is. Perhaps a version with the hood, camouflage, and firing from the seated position? Or kneeling? (the sniper in EFZI uses a similar animation iirc)
Spoiler :

I’m using train units in my mod (TLC) now. You don’t need to do anything to your other units. You don’t even have to remove rail (although I recommend it).

X moves, immobile, rebase, operational range (1 for coal = 6 range or 2 for oil = 12 range) and unique attributes for that specific train e.g. transports only foot units (infantry train) or bombard (Dora railway gun).

Airfields (renamed to Transport Hubs) are used as train stations to bridge gaps between distant cities or reach the front line. This system also lets your train’s bridge short water crossings. If you see how I employ them in my mod, you’ll know why I’m so eager to push for more train graphics.

Last edited:
Airfields (renamed to Transport Hubs) are used as train stations to bridge gaps between distant cities or reach the front line. This system also lets your train’s bridge short water crossings. If you see how I employ them in my mod, you’ll know why I’m so eager to push for more train graphics.
A clever repurposing that would allow the use of railway-gun units.

Top Bottom