[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

That's very culturally specific. Hallyu is a direct reference to K-Pop; it's the Korean word for the Korean Wave, which not only consists of K-Pop, but also Korean dramas and/or anything culturally related to Korea.

I know this because the Philippines hit by the hallyu far earlier than other parts of the word. The waves hit our shores as early as 2000. In three years, most of the country was underwater. In ten years it was completely submerged.

I didn't know he was Polish. He sounded more Russian than Polish. Most Poles I am familiar with don't speak like that when they speak English.

I had to Google it. I've never heard that word before. I thought it was a French word for something.

That's very culturally specific. Hallyu is a direct reference to K-Pop; it's the Korean word for the Korean Wave, which not only consists of K-Pop, but also Korean dramas and/or anything culturally related to Korea. To be fair though Wisselbanken was the name of the Dutch Central Bank in the 16th (?) or 17th century.

I know this because the Philippines hit by the hallyu far earlier than other parts of the word. The waves hit our shores as early as 2000. In three years, most of the country was underwater. In ten years it was completely submerged.

Well, yes, that's why I linked the wiki article on Korean Wave :)

That will teach me not to read the whole thread.

If anything these streams have made me less enthusiastic about GS. They all seem to be rushing through without enjoying the new mechanics or new civ. And I haven't see any multi player streaming.

I'm certain more patient and enthusiastic players will stream gameplay post-release, so if you're concerned about gameplay health and such then you can always wait for those.

I wonder if those streamers who foolishly broke the NDA will suffer any consequences.

At the very least they likely won't receive early access to future content.

Didn't stop people from asking me how it's like to live in desert temperatures and ride camels when I first came to the USA.... I'm not even kidding.
When I lived in Korea in the late 90s, an Arab man offered my mom a rather large number of camels to be his wife and didn't seem terribly concerned about the fact that she was already married. :lol:

It's a stereotype that French people are always carrying around a long loaf of bread.
As well they might, because it's delicious. Bread should either be crusty or flat. :drool:

That's very culturally specific. Hallyu is a direct reference to K-Pop; it's the Korean word for the Korean Wave, which not only consists of K-Pop, but also Korean dramas and/or anything culturally related to Korea.
Having lived in Korea, it's a reference that I rather like, even though I find Korean pop culture kind of on the annoying side...but still better than Japanese pop culture. :p

The whole mechanic of "if your proposal fails, the opposite happens" is gamey as hell. It may be my least favorite aspect of GS.

I think it sort of reflects a failure to "read the room".

You could be hanging out with your friends and the topic of Jerry comes up. So you gossip about how much you dislike Jerry and why. Unfortunately, you didn't realize several of your friends have nice things to say about Jerry and their enthusiasm carries the day.

Suddenly, your friends are hanging out with Jerry instead of you.

Finally found this one!

SKI RESORT

Unlocks the ability to build a ski resort.

Gives a tourism value equal to the Appeal of the tile. Amenities +1. Can only be built on a mountain. Can not be adjacent to another ski resort. Deletion or exploitation impossible.

It's funny that you can sack the city, level its walls, scorch the land, salt the fields and drag the women off into captivity, leaving only the skiiers.

It's funny that you can sack the city, level its walls, scorch the land, salt the fields and drag the women off into captivity, leaving only the skiiers.

The English version of that confirmed that it means it cannot be WORKED, not that it cannot be pillaged. I don't doubt that an adjacent combat unit will have a pillage option.

Martial Law has been converted from Military policy to Wildcard, still on the Totalitarianism civic.

Quill18, Canada #9, 10:36

Last edited:
Martial Law has been converted from Military policy to Wildcard, still on the Totalitarianism civic.

Quill18, Canada #8, 10:36

It's Quill18 #9 and I think it's Third Alternative that has been converted to wildcard as it used to be an economic card wilst Martial Law was a military card and there is one military card unlocked by Totalitarianism.

If anything these streams have made me less enthusiastic about GS. They all seem to be rushing through without enjoying the new mechanics or new civ. And I haven't see any multi player streaming.

I'm still enthusiastic. But I'm to the point I want to play, not watch other people play. It's like dying of thirst and having a nice cool class of water in front of you that you can watch, but not drink. I find myself wanting to zoom in on things and get a closer look at things.

well, I'm off to fall asleep to another youtube stream. I want to nap before the SB later this afternoon anyways (I'm an early morning person usually).

I think it sort of reflects a failure to "read the room".

You could be hanging out with your friends and the topic of Jerry comes up. So you gossip about how much you dislike Jerry and why. Unfortunately, you didn't realize several of your friends have nice things to say about Jerry and their enthusiasm carries the day.

Suddenly, your friends are hanging out with Jerry instead of you.
Except that’s not how politics work IRL... Vetoing the border wall does not immediately result in legalizing all illegal immigration attempts. Failed Bexit vote does not mean EU takes UK back with open arms. Not approving sanctions against Russia does not mean Putin now gets humanitarian help as a punishment to sanction proposers “not reading the room”

New Deal requires Democracy.

Now this is significant. A lot of you guys rely on this. Though I haven't used it in about a year I believe. I've learned to live without it.

What's also a concern is that future governments will not be able to use these cards presumably.

Top Bottom