LK155 - CCM, Maya

In principle, I agree that this is the game for republic if we're ever going to try it. I don't think we can go into republic until we have some luxuries, though, or the loss of military police will be very damaging.

In principle, I agree that this is the game for republic if we're ever going to try it. I don't think we can go into republic until we have some luxuries, though, or the loss of military police will be very damaging.
I like the Idea of being a Republic early on then switching later when we can go full war mode. The loss of military police (and lack of luxuries) is mitigated by getting 1 extra commerce per gold producing square which almost doubles the effect of the Luxury tax.

I like NP's site One for a city. I think after that we should look to expand our borders south toward the Dutch and the 1 visible source of Iron.

I think one or two early wars is a must to raze some cities to get a large worker force. IMO the variant gives us less cities, but they should be much better developed then the AI cities.

Preturn: Not sure which city site I think is better NP or Elephantium. However, I think growing toward the Dutch for the Iron is the way to go. They would likely be our first war - take out a few cities to nab the Iron and then make peace if we are Republic.

I am kind of tempted by the Cow, Sugar, 2 Hills, 2 Flood Plain, which would have fast growth at start.

I make no build changes.

IBT: Warrior moves close enough to our Enslaver. Start Temple of the Moon.

250 BC: Enslaver kills Warrior but no slave. Chariot covers.

IBT: Our boat is told to leave by the Dutch.

225 BC: Workers near Copan head toward Capitol with the idea of Uxmal after that.
Javalin Thrower takes out an enemy Enslaver and generates a Worker - We could have used the Enslaver to do so but would have to have covered it from attack.
It appears Enslavers give Slaves but Javalins give Workers, so Javalin may be superior for attacking Enslavers and during war.

IBT: Canada Establishes an Embassy

200 BC: We got back some gpt but a tech is still 'insulting' for all our cash.

175 BC: Zzz

IBT: Apologize to Canada for our boat Hunnic Storm is completed in the Mongol Capitol. Carthage gets the Hanging Gardens. Invisible unit Attacks Tikal but our Spear barely wins.

150 BC:

IBT: Museum of Mausollos is Completed by Carthage.

125 BC:

IBT: Another Invisible unit near Tikal kills the Spear guarding the Enslaver and a worker goes running away.

100 BC: Slaver kills Invisble unit and generates a Slave. Slave does not move because of yet another invisible unit which we kill with the Chariot.
I didn't realize Slaves couldn't see Enslavers, though that does make sense.

75 BC: Follow Dutch Slave with Enslaver. Not sure if I can get it. Desert terrain protects Dutch Slave.

50 BC: Find a worker instead of Slave.

IBT: Border Expansion gets us Horses. Spot Slave trying to Escape.

25 BC: We get the next Clan which we upgrade. Capture running slave/worker which is now a Worker and not a slave. Note that this seems to be our only 'Worker' the rest are 'American Workers'. We may lose our Enslaver in Exchange as there is a Dutch unit nearby.

I mis-clicked and sent a Worker in a random direction. Didn't save recently so I didn't try to reload the mis-click, it is only a worker turn lost.

This is turn 100 so stopping here.
-----------------------------------------------
Notes:
Next player can decide the location of town (1). I have workers to road nearby.

It would be good to get irrigation to Uxmal. It could grow fast with irrigated deer and the fish. I see two ways to do this labeled 1 and 2 in the image (light blue). 1 irrigates grassland but gets water to a deer faster. 2 irrigates plains only.

I think we should build Javalin instead of Spear for the Enslaving of more Workers when war comes. I built two more.

I started Academies. I think we want them if we are to be Republic. We can research and get ahead to sell tech rather than buy if we work at it. It is a bit early but I don't think we want more units other than Javalins - we have nothing that is attack 3.

Edit: The workers were on the move so are not all covered right, I think a one turn small risk is ok if not near the border. This should be fixed next turn.

Attachments

• LK155-25BC.SAV
    880.2 KB · Views: 80
ROSTER:

LKendter (up)
Greebley (swapped)
Jersey Joe (on deck)
Elephantium
Northern Pike

Tikal is about to riot. We'll probably have to turn our scientist there into a clown, and then have a homeless scientist move around our other cities every turn, since if he stays in one place he'll kill growth there. We could buy silks from Carthage, but I don't think that would be good value when we can't do better than 7-0-3 in despotism anyway.

25 BC (0)
I fix Tikal's happy issue.

1 AD (1)
The years are finally moving forward.

50 AD (3)
(IT) Scandinavia gets $50.

75 AD (4)
Our enslaver finds an exposed Canadian worker, but we simply kill it. (1-0)
Our chariot stumbles onto someone's enslaver. (2-0)
I wish I had moved the enslaver first. We might have gained another worker.
They are really far away, but I found a Scandinavian settler on our landmass.

100 AD (5)
It looks like Scandinavia is on our continent, just really far away. I found a city they build.
(IT) The demands are getting annoying, but Carthage gets $55.

WOW - the British have been destroyed. :eek: :eek:

China completes the Great Wall.

150 AD (7)
Our enslaver finds a pair of Dutch workers. We manage to keep one. (3-0)

175 AD (8)
Canada must love feeding us workers. Two more arrive next to our border. We capture one, and enslave the other. (5-0)

Bonampak (the golden cow city) is founded.

225 AD (10)
I saw 2 units walk near us, but one USA unit was killed. Our enslaver simply kills the warrior. (6-0)

I think we need to expand toward the Dutch. I want to grab the incense, and the iron.

We may want to start moving the majority of excess troops toward the Dutch. We won't be ready for war shortly, but they are the best target. We really need at least one backward civs on our continent to trade with.

I am beginning to suspect Carthage is also on our land mass behind Scandinavia.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Greebley (swapped)
Jersey Joe (up)
Elephantium (on deck)
Northern Pike

Attachments

• LK155-225AD.SAV
    943.2 KB · Views: 82
I'd consider moving the blue dot 2W; it's still riverside, keeps the sugar, and gets 7 FPs. Only 4 desert tiles, too, helping make up for the loss of the oasis.

I agree with moving Blue Dot, but I'd just shift it one tile SW, where it would have only three desert tiles while keeping the oasis and the mountain (for much-needed shields).

I have no issues moving blue dot. I just want the mountain, sugar and oasis in range.

I am stopping a few turns early because I got Republic in trade and do not know if we are in agreement about switching to Republic instead of Monarchy.

If we do not switch now, next turn (425AD) Uxmal should begin working the Fish.

I renamed 2 towns, 1 is called Siege Workshop and the other Workers Housing. I did this because they produce veteran troops.

225AD – Leave things like they are except to start moving some troops to the front.

250 AD – More of the same.

Between Turns: We lose a warrior to an invisible unit. (0,1)

275 AD - More of the same. We could trade for Republic but it will leave us broke.

300 AD – More of the same.

Between turns: An invisible unit kills our Enslaver. (0,2).

325 AD – Our Chariot kills the invisible unit (1,2). Chariot is promoted to elite.

350AD – Uxmal will revolt next turn and needs to hire a clown (and fire the scientist). Instead, I trade 290 gold to Carthage (he has 12K in gold) for Silk. Still cannot trade for Religion.

Between Turns: The Vikings establish an embassy in our Capital.

375AD – Same Old.

400AD – We meet the French. I trade Riding, Literature, 1074 gold and 10 gpt to the French for Republic. Canada could use Republic, but they do not have any thing to trade.

Here is the Save:

Attachments

• LK155 400 AD.SAV
    983.5 KB · Views: 83
400AD – We meet the French. I trade Riding, Literature, 1074 gold and 10 gpt to the French for Republic. Canada could use Republic, but they do not have anything to trade.
Let us hope Canada gets something useful. That was an awfully expensive trade. At least we did get value from 2 techs.

Now to hope we can trade more with France in the future. We are really hurting this game for the tech race and lack of trading partners.

With only limited wars being planned, I will vote for Republic. With having our UU giving us slave workers, we need to do some attacks. I saw this variant as having fewer cities, but far better developed that typical for us. That requires us to raze a few cities to get more workers. I still see the Dutch as the target to clear the area around our iron / incense city.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Greebley
Jersey Joe
Elephantium (up)
Northern Pike (on deck)

If it is alright, I could play a few turns to revolt into Republic and Tusker can take over when we are out of anarchy.

Top Bottom