LK162, Japan, 500K culture

1886 AD (3)
I recover 2 workers from Izumi being razed.

All the newly constructed infantry are being deployed along the Persia borders. I don’t want another Izumi set back.

Ubon Ratchathani is auto-razed.

[End of session 1]

Tlacopan holds as the demonic muskets took out to many cavalry. I do recover 5 workers in the area. What sucks is the steam rollers became standard workers.
I also grab 5 workers from the Aztec.

I burn a lot of cash to rush infantry.
We gain a new partisan. Anti-Israel Partisan arrives and rushes a university in Trieste.
We gain a new artist that starts a history show in Innsbruck about Israel.
I’m now very glad I took out those 2 stray Israel units near us.

I kill Indo-China: 1 knight, 1 pike and 2 muskets. (55-10)
I kill: 1 enslaver (maybe Aztec). (56-10)
I kill Israel: 2 horse artillery. (58-10)
I lost: 3 cavalry and 1 partisan. (58-14)
(IT) China and Israel sign a MPP. :(
That means two wars when I go after Israel.
We complete Blue Ribband.

1887 AD (4)
Angkor is captured.
Tlacopan is captured.

I kill Indo-China: 1 crossbow, 3 pikes and 3 muskets. (65-14)
I lost: 1 early armored car. (65-15)
(IT) Germany and Italy sign a MPP.
We lost a conscript infantry. (65-16)

1888 AD (5)
Hanoi is captured.

It is taking a lot of worker actions, but more cities are getting strong enough to produce a military unit every turn. Olly Olly is just about ready to go into pure military mode. We have a ton of workers / steamrollers and I still can’t keep up with city growth. A lot of cities are working hills without mines and / or rails.

I ship Russian nationalism for $560 and $585/T.

I kill Indo-China: 3 pike and 1 musket. (69-16)

1889 AD (6)
Rangoon is captured.

[End of session 2]

Worker actions are taking a lot of time. However, then are well worth it. I took Meroe from 22 turns to 9 turns to build a factory. I’ve gotten several cities to 1 turn military earlier.
I ran out of worker actions, but already got Vienna from 17 to 44 pre-corruption shields.

I kill Indo-China: 1 pike, 4 muskets and 1 Atakabune. (75-16)
I kill Persia: 1 heavy artillery. (76-16)
I lost: 2 early armored car and 1 horse artillery. (76-19)
(IT) Britain and Lowlands sign a MPP. Italy and Lowlands sign a MPP.
Dagon beat off a hidden unit. (77-19)

1890 AD (7)
Lee Asian cavalry arrives. Ulsan gets a rushed factory.
Da Nang is captured.
Vientiane is captured. It comes with a worker.
Mandalay is captured.

It took forever, but I finally have a defensive unit in every town again.

Israel gets the bad news that we want World Religion Hebrew. The next war begins. I’ll let their junk cross the border for a turn or two before getting into their territory.

I kill Indo-China: 1 crossbow, 2 pikes, 1 camel musketeer, and 4 muskets. (85-19)
I lost: 1 infantry and 1 cavalry. (85-21)
[End of session 3]

(IT) Greece and Canada sing an MPP.
The next tech is subs in 4 turns. I hope to get another tech to trade. The AIs still have too much cash.
Very little crosses the borders. I wonder if Israel is short of troops.

1891 AD (8)
Bien Hoa is captured.
Jericho is captured. It comes with 2 workers.
Indo-China has left the game.
I’m having terrible luck with stealing maps. I tried with Israel and failed. I really wish we could trade maps in CCM. I’ve wasted a fortune, and still don’t have a decent map of our continent.

I kill Indo-China: 2 crossbows, 2 muskets and 2 pikes. (91-21)
I kill Persia: 1 camel musket. (92-21)
(IT) International Telegraph Corp is complete. More free culture in every city.
The bonus of less corruption is appreciated.

1892 AD (9)
I still see nothing from Israel. It is time to get offensive.
Kaboom Lawyer arrives. Graz gets a rushed dockyard. I love the two for 1 special of leader and artist. The exploding shell show is now showing in Belo Horizonte.

We trip the MPP with China. Since they are on the other land mass, I am expecting a phony war.
Megiddo is captured.
[End of session 4]

I kill Israel: 1 medieval catapult, 1 camel musket, 1 musket infantry, 1grenadier, 3 pikes and 2 horse artillery. (101-21)
I kill: 1 lawyer (Persia?) (102-21)
I lost: 1 lawyer and 1 cavalry. (102-23)
(IT) An exploring ship was sunk along with an infantry lost. (104-23)

1893 AD (10)
Haifa is captured. It came with a worker.
Elath is captured. It came with 3 workers.
Bethlehem is captured.
The newly arrived monk culture bombs Haifa. This lets a stack move into range of Jerusalem.

Our workers just can’t keep up with city needs. I have cities like Flying Saucer with a factory completed working a bunch of undeveloped tiles. To make things worse the workers also need to drop rails in conquered areas. I’ll write down multiple cities I catch bad, and often can’t get to them all. Size 21 cities really need mass forest planting in grasslands without shields.

I kill Israel: 3 crossbows, 1 MDI, 1 grenadier, 1 pike, 1 adventurer, 2 cavalry, 1 horse artillery, 1 heavy artillery, 2 musket infantry and 4 line infantry. (121-23)
I lost: 1 early armored car. (121-24)
[End of session 5]

This is what I am talking about with cities running way below there potential due to lack of worker actions:

Summary:
This feels like it make set a record for longest game. I can already tell we will set a record for how deep we go into the tech tree.

Submarines are being researched as trade bait. I want to get another chunk of AI cash. I burned most of what I got.

There are 50 spare vet infantry. I hope we don’t have empty cities again. I spend the whole set building 90% infantry, and most spare cash was to rush it.

I ended turn 9 with 160,911 CP. I have 163,049 CP at the start of turn 10. The maximum number of turns left is 158. This will reduce once Israel is taken since that civ gives another free point of culture in every city. A lot of cities still need some stray culture sources. Radio towers (2 CPT) are in very few cities.
Police Headquarters gives 1 CPT. This is the rare game where we want to build them very low corruption cities.

There are ships heading toward the island with Hebron so that we can fully kill Israel. Mainland Israel should fall next turn.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe (up)
Greebley (on deck)
Elephantium

Cultural win progress:

1983AD: 163,149 / 500,000 32.63%

Attachments

• LK162-1893AD.SAV
    1.4 MB · Views: 183
I have it.
Are we killing our enemies to quick? Should we let them exist a little longer to give our Lawyers more chances to fine entertainers?

I think I might try to add 25+ cities to our count by settling inside our borders.

I think I might try to add 25+ cities to our count by settling inside our borders.
There is a ton of land outside our borders. We are awful crammed as it is. Unless we put cities are the corrupt edges we would kill the ability of our good cities to build culture buildings.

I agree with LK. We don't want ICS near any current productive cities -- but expanding along all of our borders would be great.

As for letting our enemies linger a bit longer, well...new units that they build will be high enough defense to be bad Lawyer-bait.

Don't forget about drafting conscripts when you need more defenders. One vet and one conscript or even two conscripts and a city will not fall to any single invisible attacker. If border cities have less than one defender it is almost always worth drafting a second defender from one of our larger cities, IMO. (Coastal cities count as border cities as ships could drop invisible units)

I had built some on my turn but not a lot

I also agree about not crowding cities -
I think building units and disbanding in more corrupt cities can get us a lot of culture.
Crowding is not an issue with very corrupt cities, there only purpose is the generate Culture. Cities will generate the same amount of culture if they are adjacent to one another or, if they each have their own Fat Cross. I was not think of settling them next to each other, just maybe not ideal spacing. I am looking at spots on our borders that adds some land but nor as much as settling completely outside our borders.
Drafting units in very corrupt cities to be disbanded is a very good idea.

Joe, any updates?
This is long time for you

He was active as of Saturday, so not sure why no news.

Top Bottom