LK85 - Deity, 5CCC+, Civ=TBD

microbe said:
Are you sure? Last time I checked Spain had almost the same culture as Carthage.
You are right about Spain. :blush:
Space Launch is still a major problem.

microbe said:
We were building tanks before and the extra shields didn't matter.
I have missed building things way to many times by one or two shields due to pollution. I prefer to have excess capacity in shields. I found it limits the pollution screw-over. I shaved turns off of several ICBMs thanks to the extra shields.

microbe said:
ICBMs will take care of that and make sure Carthage doesn't get aluminum or uranium. :)
Trust me - the nuke supply is getting bigger.
:nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

Here are some interesting pictures from 1800 AD.
We are at peace with the world.
:dance: Carthage and the Maya are nuking each other. :dance:

1792 AD
I merge a stack of Persian workers and the Iron Works city is size 20 building a marine every turn.
I also merged Hareid up to size 12.

I build Alesund to be a second oil source.
I have just saved, and have civ crash on F4. I am use to F3 being the problem.

I sign a trade embargo with the Maya against Carthage. I do the same with Spain.
(IT) Carthage completes part #8. :cry:

1794 AD
I merge a stack of Persian workers and Odense is size 20.

Did you know a tactical nuke cost over $1000 to rush? I need something to put on the nuke subs heading toward Carthage.

1800 AD
I already posted the nice nuclear wasteland the Carthage and the Maya are working on.
(IT) I think I heard another nuke launch.
Carthage and Spain sign a peace treaty. I am glad I got the embargoes going to that Carthage doesn't get anything from Spain.

The Ironworks city riots due to the Maya building a city by our Incense colony. :mad:

1802 AD
More Mayan cities have been nuked. I noticed that the amount of Carthage culture gain has dropped after the nukes. Carthage as NO tactical nukes, and just 1 ICBM.

1804 AD
(IT) Carthage and the Maya sign a peace treaty. :cry:

1806 AD
Have I mentioned that I *HATE* pollution. The ICBM in Reykjavik is delayed a turn because of it.
(IT) Rome declares war on Carthage. :crazyeye:

==========================

Summary:
Our starting attack force was 1 ICBM, 0 tactical nukes, 0 Nuke subs, 4 destroyers, 1 cruiser and 2 transport.
Our ending attack force is 9 ICBM, 3 tactical nukes loaded on 3 nuke subs, 4 destroyers, 1 carrier (needs aircraft), 2 cruiser and 10 transports. To get everything over in one shot we still need a lot more transports.

Carthage has *8* parts completed. The second part 9 starts we MUST launch the invasion.
We have the needed techs to win. Cash should be to get units and buildings short-rushed. That was the main way I got our force bigger. I did disband a few artillery pieces when they would save a turn on a nuke. Several cities really benefit from a partial rush. As an example: After one turn you switch Trondheim to transport, rush and back to ICBM. It saves us a full turn. :D

Signed up:
LKendter
Gozpel (indefinite skip)
Kaiser_Berger (currently playing)
6thGenTexan (on deck)
Microbe

Corrected count:

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.
City #14 was placed.
Previous players credit toward city #15: 11
Addition credit toward city #15: 0
Final credit needed to city #15: 11

Woot, looks like a set of ten epic turns are in order. I sincerely hope to reduce Carthage to near nothingness after the stress they put me through with the Quintuple nukefest.

EDIT- Forgot to post "got it" :blush:

Kaiser_Berger said:
Woot, looks like a set of ten epic turns are in order.

Well it depends on part 9 being started. If not, we may as well get more transports and nukes built. :ar15: :ar15:

LKendter said:
Well it depends on part 9 being started. If not, we may as well get more transports and nukes built. :ar15: :ar15:

I think we need to hit it anyway. Depending on which tech Carthage lacks, it might start TWO parts at the same time and denying resources would not work anymore.

I don't know if I'll be able to wait for nine parts. The big red button tempts me :bump: :evil:

All kidding aside, I'll make the best tactical decision available, putting my lust for nuclear destruction aside.

Preturn- We're good.

IT-zzz

T1 1812

I load up our transports and send our boys on their way. I pick a solid mix of tanks, tank armies, the SAMs, a good deal of arty, and some mechs.

IT- Spain declares war on Carthago.

T2 1814

Fleet moves closer.

IT- I hear more nukes fall. This game is sheer madness.

T3 1816

Fleet moves yet closer. D-Day is almost upon us.

IT- zzz

T4 1818

The fleet is in striking distance. We may go next turn.

IT- zzz

T5 1820

The time has come for Carthage to pay for its sins. We declare, and the environmentalists begin to cry :bump: :evil:

First, here is "innocent" Carthage beforehand

The three tactical nukes hit first, then come in the wave of ICBMs. In the end Carthage is left with a nuclear wasteland and one worker to clean it all up.

Our marines do their job, and this is the result. It burns, and our boys enjoy a keg over the smoldering ruins of the Carthaginian Spaceship :beer:

We land the rest of our force by Hadrumetum.

IT- Spain and Maya sign peace. Not a single counter from Carthage.

T6 1822

We use our combined arms to torch Hadrumetum along with SETI and a nuke it must have just built. That was close. I notice that Carthage still has two ICBM ready to go though. Time to pray.

IT- Aarhus and Trondheim get it :vomit:

T7 1824

Sabratha burns. This is far too fun.

IT- zzz

T8 1826

I begin the slow process of cleaning up the sludge.

IT- Shoot down bombers attacking our fleet.

T9 1828

Tank army wastes three defenders at Utica, will have to wait a turn for Coup de Grace.

IT- I hear a nuke go somewhere.

T10 1830

Utica, holder of the Internet, is reduced to rubble.

Summary

Great fun was had. Carthage is crippled. I left our stack unmoved aside from the armies, next player can choose where to strike next. Carthage probably won't survive the next turn set or so. Be careful to check every turn for new nukes though, as we don't want our workers toasted.

Aftermath

Yes!!!!!!

For those stupid enough to nuke us, this is the lesson!!!

Revenge from LK79!

:dance:

I am just sad that I don't get to do the nuke myself!

EDIT:
1. Did we steal any techs from Carthage? Modern Armors?
2. We need to see if we need to keep Carthage alive. Not sure how much culture Spain has.
3. Time to think about Maya.

microbe said:
EDIT:
1. Did we steal any techs from Carthage? Modern Armors?
2. We need to see if we need to keep Carthage alive. Not sure how much culture Spain has.
3. Time to think about Maya.
#1 - I have no idea. I was shocked out large our cash it as I was burning it like crazy on short-rushes.
#2 - Spain needs over 100 turns to win by culture. Since being banished to the island there growth rate is a joke.
#3 - The Maya are crippled. Take a look at their lands. I would prefer to clean up Spain and Rome first. The Maya are the smallest threat.

Summary:

Signed up:
LKendter
Gozpel (indefinite skip)
Kaiser_Berger
6thGenTexan (currently playing)
Microbe (on deck)

This one is over. LK79 is revenged. With Carthage crippled, Spain banished to a junk island, and the Maya a nuclear wasteland we are in cleanup mode.

As for where to hit Carthage next it really doesn't matter. It is simply choice the path you think will be the fastest. We still have nukes if we hit serious resistance.

My only requested change is to move the fleet up to recover the workers. A few more nukes may fly at us, and we will want every possible worker.

Signed up:
LKendter
Gozpel (indefinite skip)
Kaiser_Berger
6thGenTexan (currently playing)
Microbe (on deck)

I don't know if another city really matters, but I should still post this.

City #14 was placed.
Previous players credit toward city #15: 11
Addition credit toward city #15: 0 + Carthage, Hadrumetum, Sabratha, Utica
Final credit needed to city #15: 15
We may build city #15, but I don't know if it matters at this point.

We must count the number of cities we raze. When the number of razed cities exceeded the number of cities we have we may build another city. After that the razed city count resets to zero.
For example:
We razed 6 cities. We build our 6th city. We must then raze another 7 cities (total of 13) for the right to build the 7th city.
Our city count can't ever exceed the amount allowed for even a millisecond.

Load up the marines and a stack of workers and head to Byzantium. Move the tanks and artillery north while the armies heal. Rush temple in Alesund. See our hugh bank account and steal Synthetic Fibers from Carthage. Spend another 660g on upgrading the vet tanks.

IBT Spain and Carthage stop fighting. Sub from Nora sinks our carrier.

1832AD-1 Trondheim ICBM-->police station. Molde cathedral-->hospital Reykhavik ICBM-->ICBM Birka MA-->Nuclear Sub Alesund temple-->factory Lose 3500 on a steal attempt from the Maya hoping they would declare.

1834AD-2 Lose a MI attacking Nora because I miss-clicked. Tank finishes the job destroying a ICBM, battleship among others netting 48g and no slaves since I chose to keep city accidentally. :rolleyes: Lose another 3600 trying to get the Maya to declare on us.

1836AD-3 Bergen ICBM-->police station Copenhagen MA-->MA Kill 3 rifles in Byzantium. Kill a tow in Hippo. For lack of anything better to do with our tanks sitting around I proceed to declare on the Maya. I then proceed to hit the space bar and end the turn w/o attacking. :crazyeye:

IBT Defend two colonies from the Mayans. Stockholm took a nuke from Carthage. :mad:

1838AD-4 Odense ICBM-->courthouse. Bampur bank-->stock exchange Kill the last rifle and the Romans are no more. 5 Romans join Trondheim. Destroy Hippo. Find two Persians to join Aarhus. Start clearing Mayans that crossed the border. Leif becomes a factory in Alesund. Clear out the Mayan colonies. Destroy Smolensk. Not enough healed tanks to take out Tureng Tepe this turn.

IBT Carthage counters with a bomber and a tank. Spain declares on Maya. Maya take a spice colony. Odens takes an ICBM from the Maya. :eek:

1840AD-5 Iron Works ICBM-->MA Alesund factory-->aqueduct. Destroy Tureng Tepe. Destroy Cirta.

IBT

1842AD-6 Trondheim police-->stock exchange Molde Hospital-->police station Stockholm ICBM-->temple Aarhus ICBM-->factory Birka Nuke Sub-->NS Destroy Theveste. Destroy Oea and the Manhattan Project. Meet Canute II cleaning up Mayan attackers. He becomes a Stock Exchange in Stockholm. Destroy Malaca. Find more Roman and Persian slaves. Two go to Odense and four go to Stockholm. 40% lux does not make everyone happy.

IBT

1844AD-7 IW MA-->MA Bergen police-->court Stockholm stock-->police Destroy Cozumel. Destroy Yaxchilan. Destroy Ake. Destroy New Chichen Itza.

IBT

1846AD-8 IW MA-->MA Bergen Court-->MA Copenhagen MA-->MA Reykjavik ICBM-->MA Oslo ICBM-->Cathedral Destroy Paleqeue. Destroy Copan. Destroy Ek Balam. Destroy Quirigua.

IBT

1848AD-9 Trondheim stock exchagne-->temple IW MA-->colosseum Bampor stock-->colosseum Destroy Leptis Magna. Destroyed Xcalumkin. Destroy Tazumal.

1850AD-10 Trondheim temple-->cathedral Bergen MA-->MA Reykjavik MA-->MA Destroy Cadiz. Healfdene becomes a cathedral in Trondheim. Destroy Tikal. After a conscript Tow kills two tanks and retreats two more, :wallbash: the tank army has to destroy Antium.

Tax is at 30% due to WW. I am building some happy building to counter act this. Communism is the other option if someone wants to revolt. I've never been one to use nukes so there is 19 waiting on Spain. Idle workers are near Aarhus. Healing tanks are in this town. There are a couple of *elites to upgrade. The bulk of our artillery is in Odense to counter Maya's last push. The rest are heading to Pompeii. Keep all units covered or the Maya will try to pick off the stragglers. Artillery and tanks can take Leptis Minor next turn and the Armies can hit Rusicade. Our small armada is heading back to Carthage to pick up everyone.

The Game

LKendter (on deck)
Gozpel (indefinite skip)
Kaiser_Berger
6thGenTexan
Microbe (currently playing)

Signed up:
LKendter (on deck)
Gozpel (indefinite skip)
Kaiser_Berger
6thGenTexan
Microbe (currently playing)

I don't know if another city really matters, but I should still post this.

City #14 was placed.
Previous players credit toward city #16: 0
Addition credit toward city #16: 0 + Nora, Byzantium, Hippo, Smolensk, Tureng Tepe, Cirta, Theveste, Oea, Malaca, Cozumel, Yaxchilán, Aké, New Chichen Itza, Palenque, and Copan.
Credit toward city #17: 0 + Ek Balam, Quiriguá, Leptis Magna, Xcalumkin, Tazumal, Cadiz, Tikal, and Antium.
Final credit toward city #17 = 8
We may build city #15 and #16, but I don't know if it matters at this point.

We must count the number of cities we raze. When the number of razed cities exceeded the number of cities we have we may build another city. After that the razed city count resets to zero.
For example:
We razed 6 cities. We build our 6th city. We must then raze another 7 cities (total of 13) for the right to build the 7th city.
Our city count can't ever exceed the amount allowed for even a millisecond.

Top Bottom