LuckNES VI: Best Served Cold

Luckymoose

The World is Mine

Rules (Thanks to Israelite for the Base Rules)

Nations

There are two kinds of nations, Player Countries (PCs) and Non-Player Countries (NPCs) which, as the names suggest, are respectively those nations that have a player controlling them and those nations that do not. NPCs will be controlled by myself and while I won’t control them in the same way I would a PC in someone else’s NES, I will make them challenging opponents.

Players

There is no limit on the number of players, at least for now. To join, either fill out the template or, once this becomes a possibility, pick an NPC from the list. Now, remember that by joining you are making a commitment. I expect a lot out of all of you, but I also understand that things happen. As such, I will work with you, but I also expect that you will work with me.

Orders

Orders are, simply, a description of what your nation is to do for the turn. Preferably they will be sent to me via Private Message (PM). They are required to include all diplomatic agreements, your stats, and calculations (ie 5 eco X 5 blah/eco = 25 blah). It is advisable that you maintain a balance between detail and concision. My updates come on which ever day I assign them to be sent in. With each update I will give a deadline. However, the time that orders are due will be 6:00 PM (18:00) U.S. Eastern Time (GMT -5). Now, I understand that things happen, and as such I am more than willing to work with you. However, I will almost always need you to tell me about complication before the deadline. I will generally continue to accept orders after the update in any case, but send orders late at your own risk. If you do not send orders four times in a row without giving me reasons, you will be NPCed.

Interesting Times (IT) and Boring Times (BT)

I will be using North King’s, as opposed to Das’, definition of the IT/BT system. The main reason for this is that while Das’ definition is focused on military conflict, North King’s is broader:

IT (“Interesting Times”)
: A mode of the game which takes place in a much shorter timeframe, with turns lasting as little as 1 year, though early in game they will most likely be more like 10-20 years in duration. Otherwise, this is a normal NES, where you send in orders to the mod, and stories are written, updates are posted by me, etc. What you expect from an NES, in other words. An IT lasts for a period of turns defined as the end of a time period, or shall we say, a definite conclusion to that period’s story. Eg it could be the annihilation of a nation utterly at the end of an armed conflict. Or it could be the extinguishing of an ideology. Or the settling down after a cultural revolution, etc. Usually it will be done with player approval.

BT (“Boring Times”)
: A mode of the game which takes place over a much longer timeframe. Turns can last hundreds of years long, or fractions of a hundred. The length is up to the moderator. The primary difference from das here is that a “Boring Time” will not be a single long chunk of time, but simply a much less structured, more general update, that covers larger sections of history that have fewer conflicts (be they cultural or military) to resolve. There will be turns, but your orders should be more on the order (pun, haha) of guiding your nation in a general direction. Instead of a specific war strategy, just give a direction to act aggressively towards so and so. Instead of saying exactly how you want to spend your money, just say what areas you want to focus on improving.

So, to recap, IT is like a normal NES, with much smaller time passing every turn, a BT will be like a traditional story NES, just much more general and vague than normal. Orders in an IT should be rather specific and direct orders on what you want your nation to be doing, including spending and military recruitment. BT orders are like general guidelines; you can say where you want your finances to go in general, or to focus on military recruiting, etc, but not specific things like “3 points into UU” or what have you.

Updates

Updates will come on the day or the day after the Deadline for Orders is reached. Sometimes this may not be possible for me so you may wait a day longer but I try my best. My updates may not be the greatest in the world but they are of quality enough for players to enjoy them.

Map

This is a custom planet. The map was created by North King by my guide and request. I thank him for it. The cradle is where you start at on this map unless the time frame is far enough along that more land has been explored.

Barbarians

Barbarians are those peoples who have yet to coalesce into full-fledged states, though they may from time to time form themselves into “state-lets” and city states. Barbarian peoples consist of wide ranging cultures with varying values, some being the stereotypical warmongers and others being highly sophisticated, pacifistic artisans. On the map the general ethnicities and largest peoples will be named. You can have diplomacy with barbarian peoples, but the effectiveness will vary and, depending on the size and unity of the targeted peoples, the amount of people reached will be small. Never underestimate barbarians, but don’t overestimate them either.

Important Cities

This NES will utilize the three-city system of economic (eco), cultural, and religious centers. Unlike in previous incarnations of the three-city system, all benefits are at the discretion of the mod. This does not, however, mean the cities will have no effect and aren’t important. They will be key contributors to your economy, your culture, and practically all other stats. If you loose even one of them to an enemy it could be disastrous. In addition, maintaining your important cities will be much more fickle than before. Finally, it is possible to get a center due to a project, just as before, but such centers may (or may not, but more likely may) be more likely to lose their status.

Economic Centers [red outline]: Economic centers are cities where economic activity is greatly concentrated. Eco centers are almost always due to the concentration of trade, but industry, finance, banking, etc. can also cause an eco center to come about. The benefits of an economic center will be one eco per turn, unless for some unforeseeable reason I make an exception. Modern examples of eco centers would include Tokyo, Dubai, Cape Town, London, Rio de Janeiro, and New York.

Cultural Centers [green outline]: Cultural centers are cities where the culture of a nation, a region, or even of the world is personified. Art, education, nationalism, regionalism, philosophy, science, pan-nationalism, etc. can all contribute to the creation of cultural centers. The benefits of these cities are just as varied as their causes. Modern examples would include Sydney, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Cairo, Oxford, Buenos Aires, and Chicago.

Religious Centers [blue outline]: Religious centers are cities where major religions find there center(s) and where great pilgrimages take place. While religious centers will generally form without outside coaxing, government approval and conversion always help in the forming of such cities. The benefits will be mostly religious in nature, but may also extend into those areas benefited by cultural and economic centers. Modern examples would include Dharamsala, Jerusalem, Mecca, Rome, Istanbul, and Mexico City (Guadalupe).

Stories

While not required, stories are highly encouraged. You will still be able to progress without stories, but stories will definitely help. Also, keep in mind that stories, at least in my book, count as many things. Flags, descriptions of your government, descriptions of your religion, "historical records," and just about anything else that helps to flesh out you nation in a creative/artistic way will count as a story.

Deterioration

Your stats may deteriorate over time. In order to prevent this, invest eco.

Template

The template is the layout for stats. Where there are brackets, please fill in the requested information (all is subject to change by me, though change is unlikely). Where there are no brackets, please leave the line blank.

Nation Name [Replace this whole line of text with the name of your nation]
Ruler/Player: [Nation’s Ruler/Players Name]
Capital: [Nation’s Capital]
Government: [Nation’s government; be creative, but don’t be farfetched](Efficiency)
Economy (Base/City/Trade)
Technology:
Population:
Dissent:
Army:
Army Description:
Navy:
Navy Description:
Religion: [Nation’s main religion, use general polytheism if bored/uncreative, and minor religions]
Culture:
Size:
Infrastructure:
Education:
Projects:
Nation Background: [You fill this out]

Capital

The capital is the political center of your nation. Capitals also have a greater chance of becoming cultural, economic, or religious centers. Furthermore, keep in mind that capitals have the ability to either unite or divide a nation. For instance, if you place your capital in between two or more bitterly opposed factions you may be able to prevent divisiveness. On the other hand, if you are not careful, a capital’s location in one region of a nation may cause hatred and secessionist feeling in another area. Capitals are powerful political tools, use them wisely.

Government

Your government is, simply, how you govern your people. In dictatorial governments you will have complete control. However, in parliamentary governments I will play the part of the parliament or other body. They are infinite possible variations on the dictatorial and parliamentary divide, and all have their advantages and disadvantages. Government is quite changeable, but I highly suggest that you do not change your government too many times in too small a time frame and that you consider the possible consequences before acting. Finally, government has an efficiency stat that shows how corrupt, how lazy, how bloated, etc. the government is. Basically, it shows how efficient the government is in all aspects.

To increase Efficiency you must invest the number of EP equal to your size stat for one level increase. So if you are size 1 you pay 1 EP and increase it to the next level. With a maximum of two level increases in a turn.

The levels of efficiency are:

None-Imaginary-Corrupt-Incompetent-Blundering-Tolerable-Improving-Competent-Efficient-Great-Brilliant

Size

This is, as the name suggests, the size of your nation. Size is an amalgam of land area, as well as how easy it is for each part of the nation to reach the other part (a colonial empire, by its nature, will have a higher size stat than a nation of equal land and population size that is on one continuous chunk of land). As nations advance and efficiency and communication improve, the size stat will go down. Size determines how costly it is to upgrade a stat, as well as the effectiveness of various things (plagues, military strategies, increased taxation, etc.). The levels, and the points they require, are:

Tiny (1)-Petite (2)-Small (3)-Medium (4)-Large (5)-Huge (6)-Gargantuan (7)-Monstrous (8)

Population

Population is simply the number of people living in your nation at any given point in time. This will mean many things to you. Like the cap on your military size. I am basing the population on the LINES2 method of levels. In the army section you will see how many soldiers you can have per your population level. Population can be increased over time by increasing your nations land mass and agriculture, trade and city placement. These levels will be increased as the worlds population increases and the age of technology increases.

Tiny (1-25,000), Petite (25,000-50,000), Small (50,000-100,000), Medium (100,000-250,000), Large (250,000-750,000), Huge (750,000-1 Million), Gargantuan (1 Million-2.5 Million), Monstrous (2.5 Million- 5 Million)

Army

The army is your nation's land forces. The army will be divided into thousands with one thousand infantry and five hundred cavalry available per eco point. In addition, remember that if you do not pay for military campaigns, those campaigns will almost certainly fail. Besides numbers, the army description also tell more about the quality and leadership. Furthermore, remember that "an army marches on a stomach."

With a recent decline in the use of the quality format. I am to moving on to the description stat. This will be a description of both armed forces.

I do not require a military doctrine. I will look in favor of a uniform and organized approach to military, which a doctrine gives you. So write one if you wish.

The military cap is based on population and the following are the levels and corresponding troop limits. These numbers are basic and I may limit your military further based on other things so always ask me.

Tiny (5,000), Petite (10,000), Small (20,000), Medium (40,000), Large (100,000), Huge (200,000), Gargantuan (300,000), Monstrous (500,000-750,000)

Navy

The navy is your nation’s forces on the sea. The navy will be divided into ships with five ships available per eco. Just as with the army, the navy has a quality stat combining training and leadership. Also as with the army, a navy sails on its stomach. You will need to pay for campaigns by your navy, or your navy will be forced to either return home or continue sailing and die of starvation, dehydration, scurvy, or some other nasty ailment. In fact, it is advisable to fund even non-military ventures, seeing as death knows not the difference between soldiers and civilians.

Unique Units (UUs)

UUs are specialized, elite units. In this NES, every nation is allowed one UU, either land based or sea based. It is possible to demote your UU forces to regular ones, but they will be unhappy, have a hard time integrating, and not be very good (at least at first and in most cases) seeing as they are unused to fighting as normal troops. UUs cost varies depending on what it is. The price of your UU will be shown in a list with all other UU’s.

Religion

The religion stat shows the various belief systems present in your nation. If a nation has an official state religion (which most if not all will at least in the beginning of the NES) then it comes first, whether it is the most widespread faith or not; otherwise the most adhered to faith comes first. Religion will play a very important role in this NES, as it should but doesn’t in most NESes. Furthermore, I consider myself something of a religion/theology buff, which means I will vastly enjoy watching all of you developing your religions through stories and "stories."

A note on cults and official religions: In some nations’ stats the first religion listed is a cult variant on a larger religion with the larger religion listed second. For example, Phaiakia has Poseidon Cult Hellenic Polytheism listed as its first religion and Hellenic Polytheism as its second. The reason that this happens is that almost always membership within a cult, such as Phaiakia’s Poseidon Cult, overlaps entirely into the larger religion with practitioners focusing on their cult-figure but accepting and normally even worshiping other deities. The only reasons that these cults are listed are listed are: a) there is a significant chance that they will develop into a separate religion (for instance, early OTL Christianity would start out as Christ Cult Judaism) and b) they are state sponsored (for instance, OTL ancient Egypt’s state sponsored Cult of Amun) . The latter is the most common reason. In the case of the former the cult would be almost always (I would say always but I never say always) a minority religion. The same could be said of the latter, but there is a higher likelihood for the latter being widespread enough that it actually is a majority.

Culture

Culture here will be based on the NK system with my own tweaks as well as some borrowed from Das. That means there will be no levels, but rather brief description of influences, divisions, etc.

Economy

The economy will simply be a rip-off of the various systems. This system uses base and special cities together to make your total economy. City economy is based on the direct number of special cities you have. As they are obviously the centers of culture, religion and trade in your country.

Trade is the third form of economy. Not directly connected to regions or cities but the entire amount of trade your nation undergoes in a turn. Trade agreements, colonization, road building, port building. All these things can increase both trade and regular economy.

Infrastructure

Infrastructure is the transportation network of a nation. A good infrastructure will aide various things, including army movement, the economy, culture/national cohesiveness, and government efficiency. A bad infrastructure will likewise damage those stats and possibly others. The levels are:

None-Dirt Paths-Pathetic-Barely Tolerable-Tolerable-Improving-Good-Efficient-Very Efficient-Great-Excellent

Major road networks will be show on the map as 1 pixel white lines. Building a city along one of these roads or building the roads to a city increases it’s chance of becoming a special city.

Education

Education is how enlightened your people are. Good education will benefit numerous things, ranging from the availability of the next age to government efficiency to the economy. Bad education, likewise, will have detrimental effects. Since education is a lifelong process, the benefits and detriments of education are long term and may not be felt immediately. However, do not let this discourage you or make you feel safe, for eventually you will feel their effects. Education will most likely go up due to economic investment, but it is not a guarantee. Upon reaching a new age (see below) education will almost certainly go down by two levels. The levels are:

Hopelessly Idiotic- Idiotic- Illiterate- Ignorant- Below Average- Average- Above Average- Clever- Smart- Wise- Enlightened

Technology

This is a general descriptor of the technological development in your nation. Having a higher age than your opponents will have many benefits. In fact, it will benefit almost all things. The most obvious benefit will be on the battle field, where units with the most up-to-date weapons have an obvious advantage over those with outdated weapons. However, this does not mean you can just lay back when you are one, two, three, four, or however many levels above your enemy. Lower tech nations often have the ability to pull things out of their sleeves that their more advanced enemies would never expect. For instance, on numerous occasions the Spanish nearly failed in their conquest of the Inca due to the Incas using a sort of long-range, high power sling shot that launched large stones at very high speeds which would subsequently burst into flames in midair. Technology is a huge benefactor, but not an omniscient one. Along with the basic age descriptor there will be other information if any is known, such as advantages in ship building or siege weapons, even manufacturing and agriculture. The ages, at least for now, are:

Stone Age
Copper Age
Bronze Age
Early Iron Age
Middle Iron Age
Imperial Age

Dissent

This stats, shown in a percentage, will show you how much of your population are content with your rule. The lower the percentage of dissent the better, beware of high dissent, it can spark rebellion.

Projects

Projects are the equivalent of wonders. Ranging from large scale social reforms to giant harbors, projects can be just about anything. What really matters is that you: a) give me a name, b) give me the benefits of the project, and c) give me a description of the project; if any of these are missing, then the project will not be done. Depending on the project, there will be a cost in turns, as determined by my judgment. You will also have to pay some amount, assumed to be one eco unless I say otherwise, to get to the project started. Finally, you may invest a maximum of one eco per turn to advance the project by one extra turn.

Complaints to the Mod

I am more than willing to listen to your gripes. In fact, I encourage them. If you believe that there has been a mistake or that you have been unfairly treated, tell me and I will address the problem as best as I can.

Contact

If you need to contact me in a way other than Private Message you can contact me on AIM or MSN. Aim = Luckymoose56 and MSN = mootree21@hotmail.com

STATS

Kingdom of Malaya
Ruler/Player: Hari Makisig/flyingchicken
Capital: Lumang Bato
Government: Dual-Monarch Monarchy (Corrupt)
Economy (Base/City/Trade): (1/0/0)
Technology: Bronze Age
Population: Tiny
Dissent: 20%
Army: 2,000 Infantry
Army Description: Poorly led and trained spear and axemen.
Navy:
Navy Description:
Religion: Animism
Culture: Malayan
Size: Tiny
Infrastructure: Dirt Paths
Education: Hopelessly Idiotic
Projects:
Nation Background: The kingdom rose from the more primitive times of tribal confederacies and various tribal warchiefs through the political astuteness, military might, and well-timed lucky strokes of the Malaya tribe. The current ruling clan, which traces its roots back to the legendary King Dakila of a time long gone, rules unopposed as most of the other chiefdoms have been forcefully removed generations ago. Relatively unsophisticated and merely a fledgling kingdom, they seek to emulate the kingdoms of the more developed western lands with which they come only in fleeting contact with through extensive sea trade.

Carnatia
Ruler/Player: King Tovar/Lord_Iggy
Capital: Zar Carnat
Government: Monarchy (Incompetent)
Economy (Base/City/Trade): (1/1/0)
Population: Petite
Dissent: 14%
Army: 5,000 Infantry
Army Description: Well-organized, poorly trained sword and spearmen.
Navy: 10 Ships
Navy Description: Experienced, but unorganized crews, no central command.
Religion: Carnatian Polytheism
Culture: Carnatian
Education: Idiotic
Projects:
Nation Background: The Carnatians are a hardy, mercantile race. They have thrived here for longer than history remembers, growing wealthy off the inland trade routes passing through the narrow corridor between the ocean and the mountains. The power to control this lucrative trade is exercised from the great city of Zar Carnat. Within this walled city's districts, merchants flourish. Outside, farmers make comfortable livings in the arid, but arable countryside.

Zanibre
Ruler/Player: Arch-Shaman Je Wal/bestshot9
Capital: Zani
Government: Theocracy (Corrupt)
Economy (Base/City/Trade): (1/0/1)
Dissent: 15%
Army: 2,500 Infantry
Army Description: Well-led, poorly trained spearmen.
Navy: 2 Ships
Navy Description: Trained, unorganized crews
Religion: Zanuba
Culture: Zani, Alovonii
Projects:
Nation Background: Zanibre, literally translating to "Land of the Zani" or "Land of the Zani People" is a highly religious society, founded on the belief in all things natural is holy. Zan, in the Zani language, means nature, and Zani means "Nature's People". They have a very shamanic leadership, where their religious leaders are also their governmental leaders. Most people can't do anything, get a new home, etc. without first having a Shaman come to visit the site to cleanse it of evil spirits, then ask Nature to bless it. They don't have many laws, believing that people will do what is right because that is how Nature made them. Also, no one really "owns" property in Zanibre, the Zani believe that they are just doing Nature's work when they farm, build houses and cities and such. They believe they are doing it all to help nature, by giving the wildland's refugee from people. They particularly emphasize the idea of farming in the Zanuba religion (Zanibre's main religion) because they believe it to be a metaphor of the circle of life. Crops are planted, they grow until they are mature, they make seeds, then are killed and eaten, while their seeds are planted to continue the cycle. They are a generally peaceful society that has good freedoms for the people, but they have been known to take up arms in defense of Nature and Zanibre in the past, when necessary.

Tabula
Ruler/Player: Joruintra/TerrisH
Capital: Rasa
Government: Council of Elders and Scholars (Incompetent)
Economy (Base/City/Trade): (1/1/1)
Technology: Bronze Age with advances in ship building
Dissent: 6%
Army: 500 Infantry
Army Description: Elite city guard, armored spearmen.
Navy: 15 Ships
Navy Description: Inexperienced, well led crews with central command.
Religion: Thrunithonism
Culture: Tabula, Acheame
Projects:
Nation Background: Tabula was formed from the misfits and wanders from across the sea. fishermen who wondered what was on the next island farther out to sea. that foolish tribesman who wondered why the tribe followed a particular culture, and was banished for his questions. that ambitious youngster who wanted to make a profit. Over time, they wandered, and some settled on the island known as Tabula. here, a small village was founded by them. it grew, as others outcast heard of it, and traveled to this place, where like minded individuals dwelt. the city slowly grew over time, and while life was harsh on this small island, it citizens thrived on trade, as they were among the few brave enough to actually sail the sea and the distances required to sustain such trade in this primitive age.

Alavont
Ruler/Player: King Ardic/The Farow
Capital: Atovona
Government: Absolute Monarchy (Corrupt)
Dissent: 18%
Army: 1,500 Infantry
Army Description: Inexperienced, poorly trained but well equipped spearmen
Navy: 10 Ships
Navy Description: Well led, experienced crews
Religion: Alavonii Polytheism, Zanuba
Culture: Alavonii, Zani
Projects:
Nation Background: The people of the island Alavont known as Alavonii actually originated in deep in the northern lands bordering the tundra. Following herds of animals they migrated southwards reaching the coastline. Coastal lands were much more stable food source as fishing was perfected. As competition grew people began to explore southwards before settling on nearby islands particularly the island of Alavont. The city of Atovona grew out of the major commercial sea lanes along the coast as technology further developed. A rich and prosperous crossroads made the Kingdom of Alavont the dominant nation out of the Alavonii culture. The region surrounding the Island of Alavont are filled with people of similar culture and language but expansion is difficult due to the fiercely independent nature of each tribe.

Nation Name: Moham
Ruler/Player: Hamzah the Great/sp1023
Capital: Chira
Government: Council of Elders (Imaginary)
Dissent: 22%
Army Description: Poorly trained and equipped spearmen
Navy:
Navy Description:
Religion: Moham Polytheism
Culture: Moham
Projects:
Nation Background: Moham is basically a coastal country, reliant on the bountiful pleasures the sea provides, and this contributes to having a close by food source, which makes life easier, and religion easier to practice. The people of Moham used to be fishermen and crop growers that lived in a mutual community. Then, the barbarians arrived, and attacked the villagers. A strong leader and tactician arose from their midst, Hamzah. He united the people, and together, drove the barbarians away to where they came from. Now, the community lives in harmony once more, growing, prospering, waiting for the day the barbarians return.

Nation Name: Savinfiak (sa-vin-FI-ak)
Ruler/Player: Azkatack the Savin/Charles Li
Capital: Urdim
Government: Tribal Monarchy (Imaginary)
Army Description: Poorly trained and equipped spearmen
Navy:
Navy Description:
Religion: Fizcanak
Projects:
Nation Background: In the past, they are separate. They traveled in groups of 50 and carved the riches of the mountains. Copper beating was widespread during the ancient times and often the valleys lush with greenery was enjoyed by leaders showing off their honest wear. However, an invader culture attacked from the west, and a king consolidated all into one giant refugee city. After a dozen generations the towns of the Savin are scattered around the mountain. The invaders known only as Fiak and are shewd businessmen. They decided that together, with their surprisingly similar religion and language, they can last the world.

Nation Name: Laros (lawr-os)
Ruler/Player: Chief-King Liam IV
Capital: Liam
Government: Chieftain (Imaginary)
Army: 1,000 Infantry
Army Description: Unorganized, poorly equipped and trained axmen.
Navy:
Navy Description:
Religion: Polytheism
Culture: Laros
Projects:
Nation Background: Laros is a rather large area of land that was named by the local people that inhabited it. In the most recent of times though, Larians have banded more closely together. After the initial quarrels between the chiefs of the lands, Chief Liam united a couple hundred people into a more cohesive political form. Not quite a kingdom, but not so spread out as to be just a mere chieftain. Many years after the construction of the capitol of Liam, times have changed once again. People are closer together then ever, and are quite aggressive. They live without doing much trade, but they do talk with their neighbors sparingly. Small primitive galleys may also sometimes cross into Liam, but naval technology is still the same as most of the area. Now, more then ever, attention has turned to the land, for expansion, warfare, nourishment, and entertainment, and the Great-great grandson of Chief-King Liam is ready to tame the land and make it his own.

Nation Name: Acheame'e
Ruler/Player: Ach'ar/Masada
Capital: Ais
Government: Oligarchy (Incompetent)
Economy (Base/City/Trade): (1/1/2)
Population: Small
Army: 5,000 Infantry, 500 Cavalry
Army Description: Well trained, averagely equipped swords/spearmen and cavalry
Navy: 15 Ships
Navy Description: Well trained, inexperienced crews
Religion: Ancestor Precedent
Culture: Acheame, Tabula
Projects:
Nation Background: The Acheame are not a homogenous people they are composed of many different groups but they are drawn together by mutual beliefs and a shared dislike of other peoples. Intolerant of foreigners and thirsting for land, so they can gain representation in there government this has spurned an isolationist and expansionist sense in the population. Since the Acheame are not a single people they find no contradiction in non-Acheame becoming Acheame if they follow the customs and rules of Acheame.

Nation Name: Sheol
Ruler/Player: Szandor LaVey the Great // Abaddon
Capital: Lof Yfel
Government: Council of Elders (Imaginary)
Dissent: 10%
Army Description: Poorly trained, well equipped spearmen
Navy:
Navy Description:
Religion: Polytheism with druidic roots
Culture: Sheol
Projects:
Nation Background: Sheol is a coastal country, increasingly reliant on the bountiful harvest the sea provides. The people of Lof Yfel used to be fishermen and farmers living in small family groups and communities. Growing outside pressures from barbarians and slavers caused them to call out for a leader who could lead them in successful resistance. Such a suitable leader was Szandor LaVey. A grand figure, gifted in the way of the word as much as the sword. He united the people, and together they drove the barbarians far away from their lands. Now, as the community grows, with many families migrating to the relative safety of Sheol's capita Lof Yfel pressures are beginning to mount. The original city is cramped within the walls Szandor LaVey built, and beyond its safety a family still risks raiders and brigands. This has caused Sheol to be a fiercely xenophobic and aggressive society to outsiders.

Pirol
Ruler/Player: Emperor Nalfi/Justo
Capital: Mondien
Dissent: 12%
Army: 3,000 Infantry
Army Description: Poorly trained, well led and equipped spear and swordsmen
Navy: 5 Ships
Navy Description: Poorly trained, led and inexperienced
Religion: Pirol Polytheism
Culture: Pirol
Projects:
Nation Background: The Piroli people have had a chaotic history. Only recently uniting together in order to better protect themselves from the barbarian raids from the north they are great fishermen which helps sustain their growing population. Their farming abilities are limited as they have only just recently been exposed to farming from other tribes migrating to their lands from the north.

Iwa-Usum
Ruler/Player: Upebdey I/Haseri
Capital: Iwa-Moh
Army Description: Well-led, poorly trained and equipped spearmen
Navy:
Navy Description:
Religion: Dualism
Culture: Iwa-Usum
Projects:
Nation Background: There were once wanderers, roaming the desert, searching for a place to live. The followed their leader, Upebdey, who had a vision of a home for his people. He was just about to give up when, one morning, he saw outside his tent a snake and a rat (although historians believe it could have been a mongoose, but critics of that theory ask why there was a mongoose in the middle of a desert) were fighting. The snake won, and slithered away. Upebdey followed the snake across the sand. His people followed behind him, bewildered. The snake eventually came to a river, which the people followed to it's delta. Upebdey quickly declared this the land they were searching for, as it was fertile and pleasant. They quickly started to build permanent buildings. They called the river Iwa (god, life-giver), their city Iwa-Moh (city of the god) and their land Iwa-Usum (land of the god)

Targhash
Ruler/Player: Supreme Chief Nakyas/jalapeno_dude
Capital: Ghutran
Government: Non-Hereditary Despotism (Imaginary)
Dissent: 24%
Army: 1000 Infantry
Army Description: Poorly trained, experienced and averagely equipped spearmen
Navy:
Navy Description:
Religion: Targhash Polytheism
Culture: Targhashi
Projects:
Nation Background: The Targashi people were formed hundreds of years ago by the combination of two races: the Tar, warlike nomads from the southeast, and the Hasan, a peaceful agricultural race. The Tar subdued the Hasan easily, but conqueror eventually merged with conquered to become a new race, torn between dual urges to destroy and to civilize...

.~/\~.
Snatches first post!

For Glory, for Sheol!

Yes, Yes, Great Abaddon, first post. Not a big deal. Confirming Moham.

From: Acheame’e Upper Council of Land Owners, Seconded by the Lower Council of General Assemblies and Land Owners
To: Tabulua, Iwa-Usum, Alavont
CC: Anyone interested

The Council's wish to extend feelers for mutual trade and benefit, the Council's to facilitate this increased onus on trade wish to establish trade concessions under direct Acheame’e control in strategic areas to further trade.

Nations which give the Acheame’e nation areas to rule for trading purposes will be most rewarded by the beneficence of the Councils. These concessions need not be large, serviceable portage and access to pre-existing markets for goods would be the only conditions.

Signed Upper Council of Land Owners

Signed Lower Council of General Assemblies and Land Owners

By the precedent of our Ancestors do act in this manner

OOC: Confirming my baby of Luckymooses baby Acheame’e :p

PM with proposed land transfers for this proposal i only need a dot on the map to set up :)

To: Acheame’e Upper Council of Land Owners

We will allow such a trade post within our lands if you will return the favor.

Can I join?

Nation Name: Union of Tribes
Ruler/Player: [Shalak I/Neverwonagame2]
Capital: Jaroma (in practice- in theory, there is no capital)
Government: Feudal Monarchy
Economy (Base/City/Trade)
Technology:
Population:
Dissent:
Army:
Army Description:
Navy:
Navy Description:
Religion: General Polythiesm
Culture:
Size:
Infrastructure:
Education:
Projects:
Nation Background:
The medium-sized Parlomi tribe was unique for one institution- it's monarchy. It's greatest monarch yet, Shalak I, was very skilled tactically, allowing him to fight a coalition of the other tribes to a draw. When barbarians invaded, he made a contract with the major tribal leaders instituting a feudal monarchy as part of a deal before defeating the invaders. Later he would sucessfully supress a revolt before buying the support of the local priests to give his reigme some stability.

To: Sheol

The Councils are quite perplexed about why a people famous for a dislike of foreigners should wish to inhabbit an area of Acheam'e when there exists little or no records of Sheol recieving foriegners in their realm let alone settling in another.

The Council will not grant the request of the Sheol for a trade concession but will instead propose that Sheol Council of Elders be granted the exclusive rights to sell through to the Acheame’e concession. This will allow the Council of Elders to gain its fair share of profit from trade.

OOC: Neverwonagame3 im quite sure you will be welcome but a Feudal Monarchy might be abit ahead of its time... a tribal monarchy might be more appropriate.

We were merely asking for equality in the deal, why should a nation give up land to yourself if you will not do it in return?

To: Sheol

When that nation expects to gain in trade more than the cost of the land. The land is a gift, downpayment and show of good intentions from Sheol to the Acheame’e. Your people have a well known dislike of foriegners and it is the thinking of the Council that safety is paramount for the conduct of trade.

The Council's have provided fair rewards, considering that Sheol is well outside Acheame’e trading lanes and the Council's will have to provide some sort of ficudary assurance to merchants to pioneer the trade lanes.

We ask for the land to show your good intentions and we are not asking for a large parcel of land.

It has been agreed, there will be an gated compound from which you can trade with my Council of Elders.

Top Bottom