LuckNES VI: Best Served Cold

Alright, a slight amendment. It's probably practically the same (EDIT):anyway, but I'll do something based on ancient Euphrates civilisations- the ruler's title is High King and he has vassal kings which are highly autonomous within their own area, but have to provide troops.

As for starting location, I'll take the northern peninsula in the far east of the map.

Alright, a slight amendment. It's probably practically the same anybody, but I'll do something based on ancient Euphrates civilisations- the ruler's title is High King and he has vassal kings which are highly autonomous within their own area, but have to provide troops.

As for starting location, I'll take the northern peninsula in the far east of the map.

You're going to have to fill out stats and provide a map.

@Abaddon and Masada: Sheol is very far away, so far in fact there is no contact yet. The Tabulan merchants have only gone as far as the big islands east side. I should have said more on this but in the update when I said you guys were far out of the trade route I thought you caught it.

Known Sea Trade Routes:

Oh poo.. I didnt realise I would be so isolated even within the green zone :(

From: Acheame’e Upper Council of Land Owners, Seconded by the Lower Council of General Assemblies and Land Owners
To: Tabulua, Iwa-Usum, Alavont
CC: Anyone interested

The Council's wish to extend feelers for mutual trade and benefit, the Council's to facilitate this increased onus on trade wish to establish trade concessions under direct Acheame’e control in strategic areas to further trade.

Nations which give the Acheame’e nation areas to rule for trading purposes will be most rewarded by the beneficence of the Councils. These concessions need not be large, serviceable portage and access to pre-existing markets for goods would be the only conditions.

Signed Upper Council of Land Owners

Signed Lower Council of General Assemblies and Land Owners

By the precedent of our Ancestors do act in this manner

OOC: Confirming my baby of Luckymooses baby Acheame’e :p

PM with proposed land transfers for this proposal i only need a dot on the map to set up :)

Moham will welcome the trade, your people sorely desire products that are foreign.

You're going to have to fill out stats and provide a map.

@Abaddon and Masada: Sheol is very far away, so far in fact there is no contact yet. The Tabulan merchants have only gone as far as the big islands east side. I should have said more on this but in the update when I said you guys were far out of the trade route I thought you caught it.

Known Sea Trade Routes:

Dammit, Luckymoose! Did you give me such a hard time because I'm a spammer?

Nation Name: Moham
Ruler/Player: Hamzah the Great/sp1023
Capital: Chira
Government: Council of Elders (Imaginary)Wtf?
Economy (Base/City/Trade): (1/0/0)
Technology: Bronze Age
Population: Tiny
Dissent: 22%
Army: 2,000 Infantry
Army Description: Poorly trained and equipped spearmen

Navy:
Navy Description:
Religion: Moham Polytheism
Culture: Moham
Size: Tiny
Infrastructure: Dirt Paths
Education: Hopelessly Idiotic
Projects:
Nation Background: Moham is basically a coastal country, reliant on the bountiful pleasures the sea provides, and this contributes to having a close by food source, which makes life easier, and religion easier to practice. The people of Moham used to be fishermen and crop growers that lived in a mutual community. Then, the barbarians arrived, and attacked the villagers. A strong leader and tactician arose from their midst, Hamzah. He united the people, and together, drove the barbarians away to where they came from. Now, the community lives in harmony once more, growing, prospering, waiting for the day the barbarians return.

@Sp: You are out of the trade loop, in the green zone, your government efficiency level is the lowest one from none, your soldiers are poorly trained and equipped. Whats to surprising? It's the freaking Bronze Age and you are in the outer reaches of civilization.

Confirming Iwa-Usum

To Acheame’e Upper Council of Land Owners, Seconded by the Lower Council of General Assemblies and Land Owners
From: The Adviser to His Majestity Upebdey the Sixth on Trade

We would be happy to accomadate trade posts.

OOC: I'm taking a 50-year avearadge rule with the kings. So after 300 years, we're onto the sixth.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now an extract from the Third Holy Book, The First Book of History:

Upebdey looked at the water. It was unclean. The waste of the snakes on legs (the crocodile/alligator) made the water unfit to drink. Upebdey called for those who made the water they found at holes safer to drink (by filtering it through sand and palnts many times). He said they shall be the only one who can prepare the water from Iwa. They became the priests at the temples of Iwa, distributing cleaner water to the people.

Upebdey also decreed that all bodies must be buried in the desert, or Iusumrudwa will claim us back to the desert if he does not get his payment. Only those bitten by snakes may be thrown into the river.

He also decreed that no animal with scales that can live both inside and outside water may be eaten. This meant that fish, crabs, shrimp and waterfowl could be eaten. Camels may also may not be eaten as way of thanks for carrying them across the desert.

(EDIT): Could you tell me how to post an image?

Nation Name: Union of Tribes
Ruler/Player: [Shalak I/Neverwonagame2]
Capital: Jaroma (in practice- in theory, there is no capital)
Government: Vassal Monarchy
Economy (Base/City/Trade)
Technology:
Population:
Dissent:
Army:
Army Description:
Navy:
Navy Description:
Religion: General Polythiesm
Culture:
Size:
Infrastructure:
Education:
Projects:
Nation Background:
The medium-sized Parlomi tribe was unique for one institution- it's monarchy. It's greatest monarch yet, Shalak I, was very skilled tactically, allowing him to fight a coalition of the other tribes to a draw. When barbarians invaded, he made a contract with the major tribal leaders instituting a feudal monarchy as part of a deal before defeating the invaders. Later he would sucessfully supress a revolt before buying the support of the local priests to give his reigme some stability.

Have you got the image made?

Google for "imageshack"

upload it there.

It will give you several potential links to post here.

CHOOSE THE BOTTOM ONE.

Post it with [img] tags around it.

@ Neverwon: Why is it a vassal monarchy? Who are you a vassal of? Union of Tribes is a terribly bland name, could you be more creative?

What I meant by a vassal monarchy is that the ruler holds the title "King of Kings" and has many autonomous vassals, each holding the title of "King". Implicit in his title is the claim he is descended from a deity.

Assuming Tribal Federation (which is my second choice) is too bland, can I go with Union of Tribes as the formal name and Parlomi Empire as the informal name?

What I meant by a vassal monarchy is that the ruler holds the title "King of Kings" and has many autonomous vassals, each holding the title of "King". Implicit in his title is the claim he is descended from a deity.

Assuming Tribal Federation (which is my second choice) is too bland, can I go with Union of Tribes as the formal name and Parlomi Empire as the informal name?

I think you mean High Kingdom, not vassal monarchy. Why not just call your nation Parlomi? It looks so much better than Tribal Federation, which could be anyone.

From: Acheame’e Upper Council of Land Owners, Seconded by the Lower Council of General Assemblies and Land Owners
To: The Adviser to His Majestity Upebdey the Sixth on Trade

The Acheame’e are most happy to accept the terms of the agreement and Acheame’e traders will be encouraged to trade there.

OOC: @ SP and Abaddon

Ill accept your trading posts but i'll have to pioneer the trading routes to get to you :)

To: Tabulua, Iwa-Usum, Alavont
CC: Anyone interested

The Council's wish to extend feelers for mutual trade and benefit, the Council's to facilitate this increased onus on trade wish to establish trade concessions under direct Acheame’e control in strategic areas to further trade.

Nations which give the Acheame’e nation areas to rule for trading purposes will be most rewarded by the beneficence of the Councils. These concessions need not be large, serviceable portage and access to pre-existing markets for goods would be the only conditions.

Signed Upper Council of Land Owners

Signed Lower Council of General Assemblies and Land Owners

By the precedent of our Ancestors do act in this manner

The nation of Alavont is not opposed to you opening up trade posts. It would seem that there is little places for strategic posts to be established in our regions. Only our capital serves as a stopping point for merchants from across the seas. If you would like a specific spot we will let you know if it is acceptable as a trade post.

OCC: You really have nothing to gain in my lands. The only port worth anything I believe would be my capital which is already open to most merchants.

An area in the port of Alavont would be acceptable, our people desire some privacy and protection outside of our homes. We might also establish a trading post on near your border with Zanibre if that is acceptable?

Alright, High Monarchy. I'll go with that.

The reason I do not wish to call it Parlomi is it's backstory- calling it the Greater Parlomi Kingdom or something would make it even harder for it's first ruler to unify the area. (The reason is that he had fought the other tribes to a draw when barbarians invaded and the two sides made an agreement. A Federation is more plausible then them being annexed)

EDIT: I'll go with Parlomi, but I'll have to revise the backstory.

Capital: Parlomi

Nation Background:
When barbarians invaded the peninsula, most of it fell to them. However, Parlomi had walls and was near the sea, allowing it to withstand prolonged sieges by trade and fishing. It's numbers boosted by refugees who desired the reclamation of their homeland, the Parlomi army began a campaign and defeated the barbarians. It's monarch, Shalak I, wanted to rule the whole peninsula, but the refugees numbered too many to just take it over by force. So they compromised.

To Acheame’e
From Tabula Merchant's council, on behalf of the council of Elders.

After carfull review, the council of Elders has decided to take you up upon your offer. we are willing to pemanment sell you the use of entire pier on the Island of Rasa and a few of buildings directly bordering it, for a small onetime fee, amounting to no more then the current value of the pier and the buildings. you may use them as you see fit, and they will only revert back to us if our two nations ever go to war with one another. we will also wave any docking fees for your ships for docking at the pier.
the majority of our land on the other island is of little value of you, being farmland or forest which we use to support the island of rasa.

To: Acheame'e:

To get access to our country and trade, go east from Tabula's ports until you see the sight of land.

To: Tabula Merchant's council, on behalf of the council of Elders

Your offer is accepted the Upper Council members have agreed to put together a fund to purchase it of you.

To: The Refined and Eloquent Hamzah
Through: Tabulua

We agree and shall attempt this feat of sailing. Good Day to you Sir.

OOC: note, I figure this is petty change stuff. maybe 1/100th of an IC at the most. just want to make it clear, for no future misunderstanding. no need to send any IC to me.

Top Bottom