[GS] Māori Discussion Thread

I'm sure Ed will tweet their agenda soon.

Sorry, how is this not a better version of the legion?

Combat strength: Same.
Can build a fort: Both yes.
Enemy gets -5 combat strength: Only Toa.
Legions can chop out more legions, of I understand the meta correctly.

I don't chop unless necessary, but I can see that being useful.

As it seems, there is quite some uncertainty about the abilities that may decide how good the civ is:

Not harvesting resources but harvesting features, or not harvesting features?
Can they place districts on features or resources or not?

If they cannot harvest anything and thus not place districts on features, they might not be that good after all for anything besides conquest.

Also: they want to have a lot of cities on the coast, which might be dangerous in the late game.

I feel pleased that I was one of the first to call Maori, due to the shirt, with a bit of hesitance due to the lack of tattoo (which was later added).

Is the harvest restriction only for actual resources (like sheep, fish, stone etc) or also for jungle, marsh, forest etc? That's a pretty big difference after all

Starting next to Pantanal would be rather nice eh? If it counts as jungle.

I think the Pantanal counts as a marsh, but yeah, enjoy those 2 food / 2 faith / 4 culture tiles once you've built your Marae :crazyeye:

To be fair, there are lots of civs that get called OP when first announced but if they're all OP then none are OP.

This is what Civ design should be about though: providing genuinely different ways to play the game with strong bonuses and strong weaknesses.

I agree. More civs should have these extreme pros and cons.

I assume this means that you DON'T get the bonus for passable tiles WITHOUT features: grassland, plains, desert, coast, ocean etc.

You don't. You also don't get it from resources (quarried stone still gives a (pathetic) 2 food/2 production).

To be fair, there are lots of civs that get called OP when first announced but if they're all OP then none are OP.

This is what Civ design should be about though: providing genuinely different ways to play the game with strong bonuses and strong weaknesses.

I guess that's a good point, they aren't so much OP as they are OP in niche situations - like this one with watery map and lucky start or Hungary with CS's near by, Idk I still think they're pretty damned strong though

Confirmed by Ed - No Great Writers

Top Bottom