Mafia/NOTW Statistics

Woo, I think I finally made it into the Most Wins as Mafia and Winning Percentage as Mafia lists! :D

I am at last in all the lists that matter (?)

I discounted None Shall Pass for the faction mechanics. I can't really discount Master of Arcane for the same reason, it actually had a town and a mafia.

Lynch mechanics are the thing that's in question here. I don't throw out all games with unusual lynch mechanics, but should I throw out this type of game is the question?

And, looking back on it, there appears to be at least one Snakes and Foxes game in this subforum that I haven't counted- though I think over at the .org, when Romanichine was still keeping track, he might have counted an S&F-like game that sprig hosted, which leaves me a little bit conflicted about what I should do. Right now I'm on the fence.

So, the game I was thinking about on the .org isn't actually in Romanichine's stats thread- now that I remember, it didn't actually finish.

Comparing Master of Arcane to other Snakes and Foxes-type games, it's a bit different- not the same system of items and money and scoring and arenas, and people only vote for one combatant instead of two and the top two fought, but that basically just made it to S&F what Mafia is to the old roleplay-heavy NOTW games.

Overall, I'd say that it counts more as a Snakes and Foxes/Dissension/"Fighting"-type game than a Mafia-type game, and if I don't count Snakes and Foxes, I can't really count this.

Final ruling: I won't count it.

On to the next game, Sprig's just-finished Arab Spring. I have to say, that's a really weird game- I don't think the relative town/mafia numbers or the weird lynch mechanics are reason to not count it, I've counted plenty of games were people could screw up lynches (not quite to this extent, but still), but I'm not sure if I've ever before seen a game that didn't have nights and where the mafia lacked any way to actually kill people themselves.

Right now I'm not quite sure how to handle it. Other players of the game and Sprig- what do you think?

Still a mafia game, just had a weird lynch mechanic. Count it imo. Its a nightless game with an extra mafia to compensate. Out of the ordinary but still mafia.

Alright, I suppose I should count it, then.

Arab Spring:

Town: 7 (KingMorgan, edse, choxorn, SouthernKing, Buddhafish, Visorslash, Tanar Aerdoth)

Mafia: 3 (Zack, Jarrema, spaceman98)

Won: 7 (KingMorgan, edse, choxorn, SouthernKing, Buddhafish, Visorslash, Tanar Aerdoth)

Lost: 3 (Zack, Jarrema, spaceman98)

Survived: 3 (edse, SouthernKing, Tanar Aerdoth)

Return to Ciretako:

Town: 19 (Zack, Backwards Logic, Jarrema, Winston Hughes, choxorn, KingMorgan, BSmith1068, Buddhafish, edse, Legato Endless, SouthernKing, Kennigit, Takhisis, KaiserElectric, Sprig, Arakhor, Riedquat, Coyosis, Autolycus)

Mafia: 6 (Askthepizzaguy, johnhughthom, Double A, spaceman98, bladescape, Verarde)

Neutral: 1 (azzaman333)

Won: 5 (Askthepizzaguy, johnhughthom, Double A, spaceman98, bladescape)

Lost: 18 (Zack, Backwards Logic, Jarrema, Winston Hughes, choxorn, KingMorgan, BSmith1068, Buddhafish, edse, Legato Endless, Kennigit, Takhisis, Sprig, Arakhor, Riedquat, Coyosis, Autolycus, azzaman333)

Survived: 3 (choxorn, Arakhor, Askthepizzaguy)

Replaced: 1 (Verarde)

WoG'ed: 2 (SouthernKing, KaiserElectric)

So, finally got around to actually putting Ciretako into the database.

In the "best of" news, Love, who was for a while the leader in the Games Played stat by virtue of playing virtually every Mafia and NOTW game from about 2007-early 2010, fell out of the top 20 after five years of not playing. Well, he's actually still in a 3-way tie for 20th, but I don't generally list ties at the bottom of any category if the tie is sufficiently large- by which I mean, if including the tie would take the list farther above 20 than not including it would take the list below 20 (so, for the case of Games Played, it's 19 without the 3-way tie and 22 with it, 20-19 is 1 and 22-20 is 2, 2>1, so I don't include that tie).

My original reason for that was largely to avoid having to deal with the massively huge tie at the bottom of the "Most Wins as Mafia" category, because there were less than 20 people with at least 3 wins as mafia but the number of people with 2 wins as mafia was large enough that I stopped bothering to count (it was already well more than 20 around three years ago when I stopped counting, so it has to be even more now).

That's actually finally no longer problem, as of this game- Askthepizzaguy and Double A both got Mafia Win #3 (among games on this site that I've tracked- I'm well aware that Pizza's got a lot more wins as a mafia elsewhere), which actually brought the number of 3+ mafia winners from 19 up to 21.

For any who wonder what the new "largest tie at the bottom of a category" is, it's in Most Games as Mafia- there's a 9-way tie for 18th there (7 games played as mafia). There's also an 8-way tie between people with 3 wins as mafia (tied for 14th place) and a 6-way tie for 17th in Townie Winning Percentage (.500), but those only go 1 and 2 beyond 20th, respectively, and the Most Games as Mafia tie is the only one that goes more than 2 over 20th place.

Need to add Masque of Death, 9 player minigame, and spaceman's game in the USSR with the long title.

Server is still being a bit wonky and the Search feature isn't working right now (I sometimes find it useful to look for something a specific person did), so I'll hold off a bit on updating the database.

Just call my game Cold War Mafia. That's the shorthand I used everywhere :p

The Masque of Death:

Town: 13 (Backwards Logic, Autolycus, Legato Endless, Winston Hughes, Riedquat, BSmith1068, bladescape, spaceman98, Sprig, Coyosis, choxorn, Takhisis, Visorslash)

Mafia: 3 (Snerk, Newyn, KingMorgan)

Won: 13 (Backwards Logic, Autolycus, Legato Endless, Winston Hughes, Riedquat, BSmith1068, bladescape, spaceman98, Sprig, Coyosis, choxorn, Takhisis, Visorslash)

Lost: 3 (Snerk, Newyn, KingMorgan)

Survived: 4 (Backwards Logic, Autolycus, Legato Endless, Snerk)

9 player minigame:

Town: 7 (spaceman98, KingMorgan, Autolycus, Sprig, bladescape, Jarrema, choxorn)

Mafia: 2 (Legato Endless, Riedquat)

Won: 7 (spaceman98, KingMorgan, Autolycus, Sprig, bladescape, Jarrema, choxorn)

Lost: 2 (Legato Endless, Riedquat)

Survived: 2 (spaceman98, KingMorgan)

A long streak of games mostly as a townie has finally dropped Sprig's percentage of games as mafia below .333, meaning he no longer occupies the top spot in that category for the first time in a couple of years.

Cold War (or whatever the hell spaceman calls it):

Town: 6 (JohannaK, Riedquat, Takhisis, bladescape, MartinLuther, classical hero)

Mafia: 3 (BSmith1068, SamSniped, KingMorgan)

Neutral/Other: 1 (choxorn)

Won: 6 (JohannaK, Riedquat, Takhisis, bladescape, MartinLuther, classical hero)

Lost: 4 (BSmith1068, SamSniped, KingMorgan, choxorn)

Survived: 3 (JohannaK, Riedquat, Takhisis)

Wow, I didn't know I had such good statistics for winning! Both as town and mafia. Makes me feel good :)

I remember when you first started playing here. You pretty much kicked all of our butts as both townie and mafia for a while, especially as a mafia- I think your overall winning percentage was around .800 at one point.

A long streak of games mostly as a townie has finally dropped Sprig's percentage of games as mafia below .333, meaning he no longer occupies the top spot in that category for the first time in a couple of years.

Another game to lower the stat!

I'm not Crazy:

Town: 8 (spaceman98, Jarrema, BSmith1068, landlubber, robbiecon, choxorn, Riedquat, SamSniped)

Mafia: 1 (Legato Endless)

Neutral/Other: 1 (Takhisis)

Won: 8 (spaceman98, Jarrema, BSmith1068, landlubber, robbiecon, choxorn, Riedquat, SamSniped)

Lost: 2 (Legato Endless, Takhisis)

Survived: 6 (spaceman98, Jarrema, BSmith1068, landlubber, robbiecon, choxorn)

Takhisis really wasn't mafia. Cult leaders are neutrals/third parties

Legato was the cult leader, Takhisis was on his own.

Which, now that I think about it, means I screwed up and should have made him Neutral, SK's are always Neutral. Woops. Ah well, it's an easy fix. Cults count as Mafia, though. Yeah, they're a third party, but they're a mafia-esque third party, so Legato should be mafia.

Top Bottom