1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Map Tacks 3.0.0

Map pin improvements

1. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

2. Ewsforos

Ewsforos Chieftain

You are implying that there is a non steam version , but when i press on the "Download now" button it redirects me to steam.

3. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

There is a link to Steam Workshop on the mod description page, but the Download Now button should be linked to the .zip package on GitHub. I just verified that it works for me, so I'm not sure what problem you are having, @Ewsforos.

4. BlackSmokeDMax

BlackSmokeDMax Chieftain

Grats on the inclusion to vanilla! (not an exact copy, but they did give a shoutout in their latest video)

5. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

6. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

Thanks! I just updated the mod here to use the new official version, with a couple of small tweaks to layout and text to suit my personal preferences.

7. Infixo

Infixo Deity

8. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Yup.. he did. And that HUD structure is more intuitively balanced anyway.
    Although, i expected a few more small fixes with unique actions (Ziggurat is missing from his pool, etc).

9. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

@Infixo: Yes, I fixed two problems with the layout. I increased the maximum width from 16 to 18 so that Gathering Storm districts will fit on a single line. (I presume that Firaxis reduced the width to ensure compatibility with 1024x768 screens, but 18 tiles should still fit). I also added a small improvement to the layout code so that rows will be more balanced when they do wrap around.

@Zyxpsilon: The mod still supports unique districts and improvements – for example, you can see Pachacuti’s unique improvements in the mod’s Steam Workshop screenshots, next to the Farm. I haven’t checked the Ziggurat specifically, so perhaps it’s an odd case? I’ll check it out when I’m at my game computer.

Infixo likes this.
  10. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Please do.. asap!

Not that i hold any sick love for the Ziggurat icon itself but it certainly stands as my referencing Tag within the GSco_R_ow mod parsing bar of scoring types for (indirect) Wonders.

__ZSR-Mockup(FocusTags).png

:smoke:

11. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

@Zyxpsilon, I just tested and the Sumerian ziggurat is working for me both in the Firaxis version and the new 3.0.0 version. The unique improvements did move slightly in this version; they are now the first thing in the builder section, right before the farm icon. If that doesn't help, then perhaps you have another mod conflicting?

12. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

That's probably *it*.. some wacky mod-conflict. I'll investigate further. Thanks for checking this out.

13. Mangov

Mangov Chieftain

Hello. I started the mod and it allow me to set the pins and name them but when i put them on the map they dont get visualised. I can edit them and name them but i cant see them after i put them. Can you tell me if there is a fix to that problem or i am the first one with this problem.

14. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

That sort of thing indicates there was a problem loading the mod, probably a conflict with some other mod. Are you running the latest version of Map Tacks? If not, then that’s the problem – older versions are not compatible. If so, then an easy way to troubleshoot is simply to turn it off, because the built-in version of Map Tacks is almost identical. (The latest version just fixes a couple of small UI problems with the official Firaxis version of the mod.)

15. TijnNL

TijnNL Chieftain

When I place a map tack with this mod on the tack doesn't show on my map. Any idea why?

The weird thing is that when I turn of the mod and load the same game, the tacks I placed do show up then, but when I turn the mod on again they disappear again as well.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020