1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Massive C2C Humans Vs Humans Game/Lets Play Setup

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by 12padams, Oct 27, 2012.

1. 12padams

12padams Prince

Omg it's you, I thought you were gunna miss out on this. Ok what time of the day would you usually take your turn? As in at the time you made your last post is that when you would usually have your turn? I need to no so I can add you to the turn order.

Also just go to the sourceforge website and register to create an account. It's like making a forum account and its free!

Edit: lol you beat me to responding to him by just 10 seconds. And we both said the exact same things lol ;)

2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

@Epi3B1rD,

Glad to see you post. :D

We were beginning to wonder if you had become a "victim" of Hurricane Sandy.

JosEPh :)

3. 12padams

12padams Prince

Why did you say victim with quotes? Are they not really victims?

I'm just glad we don't get cyclones/tornados/hurricanes in Australia... Well at least in Sydney we don't. Sadly Australia is a sunburnt country. The ozone layer has a hole above it and the lack of protection from uv rays cause us to get burnt within 10 minutes of going outside without SPF 30+ sunscreen. That's why the aboriginals adapted so well in Australia because they had black skin but when white man came in 1778... (I think) they were not used to the terrible uv rays.

4. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

To give it as broad of scope as possible.

Not the cynical way you took it. :shake: Why would you even reply like you did if you didn't put your own slant to it? Do " " marks = cynicism? I don't think so. :nono:

JosEPh :/

5. 12padams

12padams Prince

Hey v27 is released on the normal update svn! whats this gonna mean for us now? is the new svn gunna get v27 extremely soon so I can get the bug settings and save file uploaded?

6. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

All it means is that I am marking a revision what will hopefully become the release. I'll actually upload it about 12 hours from now.

7. 12padams

12padams Prince

So if you upload v27 in 12 hours that will be 3am Sunday in my time. If that's the game do you think the svn for our multiplayer game will be ready by Sunday midday my time? If I can't make our save then and start our turns it won't be ready for another 18 hours after that :(

8. wolfensoul9

wolfensoul9 Warlord

I thought the same thing as padams, Joseph. No, quotation marks don't automatically equal cynicism. They mean the word is being used in a way that is different from how it is normally used.

He and I both were wondering what else you could mean aside from victim when you said "victim".

9. Epi3B1rD

Epi3B1rD Chieftain

Anyways, I'm usually on the computer at any random time from 4-7 PM (EST) on weekdays, and 9 AM-7 PM (EST) on weekends, and I can get a turn on any time during those hours

10. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Do you have your sourceforge username yet?

Edit - I'm uploading to the C2C MP SVN now - should b done in an hour or so, at which point I'll PM Padams.

Edit 2 - a question - I normally play with infinite XP on, and I realize we are not here - can someone ell me how much exp a unit loses on upgrade please?

Edit 3 - I'm getting abysmal upload speed on SVN today. At this arte it will take many, many hours. :(

11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Age differences I guess then. Epi3B1rD lives in the eastern time zone so he could've experienced the worst of Sandy or maybe just heavy snowfall or a power outage, heavy rain or wind and or just no internet (an inconvenience at best). All this range of problems would, for me, be categorized as "victims", with the " " for emphasis and scope.

Do you both think I'm that insensitive? I would surely hope not. :sad:

JosEPh

12. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Update - after 2 hours it's uploaded only 66M (out of 2.5G).

As Helmuth Von Moltke said, 'No plan survives contact with the enemy'.

So..plan B:

1. Everyone independently gets V27 from either the SVN (rev 4192) or the official download once that is available.
    2. Everyone places a copy of V27 in their 'C2C MP' mod folder, so that we keep it separate from the (ongoing) Caveman2Cosmos mod folder everyone will already have.
    3. Padams starts the game (using the 'C2C MP' mod) and posts the following as attachments (ZIP'd or RAR'd) on this thread:
      • The 'User Settings' folder so we all have the same BUG options
      • The save game for person #2 to play, Padams having created the game and taken his turn (make sure the finalized play order is included in the top post of the thread, or somewhere else everyone can see it).
      • In the post state who's turn it is next (i.e. - person #2 from the play order)
    4. Everyone copies the 'User settings' into their 'C2C MP' mod
    5. As we take turns each person does the following (when it's their turn):
      • Download the savegame from the previous post attachment
      • Play the turn
      • Upload the save game as an attachemnt to a reply on this thread. In the reply state who's turn it is next (so person #(N+1) on the play order)

We'll upgrade to future SVN revs by mutual agreement when necessary (just major releases unless we need specific bug fixes)

13. Acularius

Acularius King

When you upgrade a unit, it would lose all its experience (or at least I thought it did), but with this, it keeps its experience...

Or maybe I'm thinking of something else completely.

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Without Infinite XP, you are only allowed to keep 25 exp after any upgrade. Note that upgrade is different from promoting or leveling up, THAT shouldn't be adjusted on units. But when you upgrade and the unit takes on a new form, if that unit had more than 25 xp, it now only has 25 and you've gotta re-build yourself back up across the great divide all the way to the next level which could mean that unit is now never going to promote again. I usually get my cities building units out of the gate with more than 25 xp in C2C so its particularly frustrating if I build a unit and then have to upgrade it soon after so it takes much more planning without Infinite XP.

Additionally, those promos that are required to allow your units to bypass a certain level of experience gain from barbarians and animals are necessary to bypass 20 xp from either source. This means that once you're at 20 xp, if you don't have the Anti-Barbarian XP unlimiter promo, you will not gain any xp from defeating a Barbarian, and if you don't have the Anti-Animal XP Unlimiting Promo, you won't gain any further xp from defeating animals. Make sure you promote to these on any unit you want to get any benefit from defeating barbs and animals (omg this option off is SO annoying!!!)

(Oh, crud... @Koshling - THIS is why I had worked out re-training the way I had initially, without dropping the level and allowing the xp on the unit to indicate that the unit should now be leveling... without Infinite XP it means you won't HAVE the xp to retrain in a lot of cases... oh well, I guess without Infinite XP if you lose a promo you should've been able to retrain you'll have to do it the hard way and re-earn the xp now... Just another element that should be enjoyed by those who prefer having weaker overall troops in the game.)

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Another dumb question: When you say 'C2CMP' mod folder, are you referring to the one in the special SVN, Or that in our c:\Program......\BtS\Mods\ folder we should place it there as a separate Mod?

Just want to be clear.

JosEPh

16. wolfensoul9

wolfensoul9 Warlord

Those numbers you've listed are different than what I recall, thunderbird. In bts you go down to ten after an upgrade, the animal limit is 5, and the barb limit is ten.

Is it inherently different in C2C?

17. Epi3B1rD

Epi3B1rD Chieftain

My sourceforge username is epicbird98

18. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Mod folder (so under BTS/mods). 'C2C MP' (with a space in the middle). It is impossible to load a save game that doesn't come from the same mod name, so it's absolutely crucial we all have the same in this regard.

19. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Ok, I'll add you, but it looks like we're bypassing SVN and just using attachments here at least for now, until I can get the SVN fully uploaded.

20. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Thanks otherwise I would have screwed it up.

JosEPh