Master of Mana Xtended - Download and Changelog

few minor issues:

[Sheaim] Queenguard selection sound is missing.
[Dural] no Archer, backround (city, research, guild, etc.) is pink

I can confirm that city buildind restrictions (needs food) is new in 5.0/5.1. In older Extended versions it was possible to build on Desert, Plains/Hill.

[Dural] no Archer, backround (city, research, guild, etc.) is pink
Uh, that's bad.

To quick fix this:
- download this quickfix file.
- unzip, move-and-replace it to Assets folder.

Edit: uploaded quick fix for the quick fix!

Attachments

• DuralQuickFixFix.zip
    18 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
On startin civ, this file produce an error, "Failed Loading XML file..."

EDIT: it's copied into the wrong path, right path would be : "...\Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Xtended\XXRooster" intead of "...\XRooster"

Small things:

-Dural phalanx has in it's tooltip "can use restore heads ability"
-There are two adventurers UU for gigori in pedia one has "can upgrade to sons of asena tooltip"

Question: do you changed Dural religious colleges/courthouse or it's my forgotten fix?

A small bug I noticed while playing with Balseraph:

I can use Loki's ability to convert a city without culture, but I cant remove culture or cause unhappiness in a city with culture. The button is greyed out and cant be clicked in this case.

On startin civ, this file produce an error, "Failed Loading XML file..."
D'oh! Thanks for reporting. I fixed this one in the quickquickfix :rolleyes:

Small things:

-Dural phalanx has in it's tooltip "can use restore heads ability"
-There are two adventurers UU for gigori in pedia one has "can upgrade to sons of asena tooltip"
I don't know where this double Grigori Adventurers are coming from. Sigh.

Question: do you changed Dural religious colleges/courthouse or it's my forgotten fix?
I haven't fixed Dural buildings, so it might be yours?

A small bug I noticed while playing with Balseraph:

I can use Loki's ability to convert a city without culture, but I cant remove culture or cause unhappiness in a city with culture. The button is greyed out and cant be clicked in this case.
Yes. Loki's ability is set to work on cities with zero cultural value. I don't think parking Loki in big cities to try to flip them is fun?

Yes. Loki's ability is set to work on cities with zero cultural value. I don't think parking Loki in big cities to try to flip them is fun?
I agree, it's not fun. The spell description should be changed then. It still says you can use Loki to create unhappienes in cities and make them lose culture.

Really? This is an oversight. I'll check it and fix it.
EDIT: which wolf was that? I checked the code and pedia, and all wolves I can find (Wolf, Wolf Pack, Dire Wolf summon) are with Creature promotion.

Weird, maybe i messed up something during the installation ? No wolf in the world had the "creature" promotion (didn't pay attention to the dire wolf summon tho). I added this tag in the file XPROMOTION_CIV4UnitInfos to fix this in my game:

<FreePromotion>
<PromotionType>PROMOTION_CREATURE</PromotionType>
<bFreePromotion>1</bFreePromotion>
</FreePromotion>

Hm, I was thinking I'd make Beast King require a tech in Rangers' Guild instead?
But, Beast King works with animal summons from Nature school. So, I just let it like that.

Beast King has increased chance to capture "Beast" units (Drakes, Werewolves etc). Only Beast King can do this.

Oh, thanks for this clarify. I think that's a fine idea.

Do you have the required Faith? I'll check this but iirc, last time it should work.
EDIT: fixed it.

Yes, i had more than enough faith. But i guess this reply is useless since you already managed to fix this :p

I'll check this. Thanks for reporting.
EDIT: it worked on Good player' capitals. Now I made it works in every city of every player.

It was not working even in good player capitals. I was testing the spell in the Bannor capital (Their leader was Sabathiel and their religion was the order, so they were good), and my relation with them didn't improve a single point. I actually spammed the spell for several turns for no results.

Last edited:
I would like to know how Culture purchase for Traits works (or more specifically, how to affect the Discount from 'Minor' trait) and also how to affect the BASE culture cost of traits .... iirc I can adjust the culture cost of Guilds Techs via XGuilds.xml but I can't see a way to change the amount the rest go up when one tech is purchased.

Would it not benefit the game to do the same thing with the science costs of all "normal" techs? That way you could massively reduce the base cost, and strengthen the "Tech Beeline" which seems to be how this game was designed (to focus on one thing really well first, and then maybe get around to the rest) .... something to think about.

If you could educate me on how to adjust the scaling culture costs (of guild techs, but far more importantly, of traits purchases) I would be vastly appreciative.

Thank you. :)

Edit: (also, what gamespeed do you test the game while u mod/ which gamespeed would you say is the ideal for this mod?)

Last edited:
Mazatl background art on tech window is missing. Looking at the regular tech tree or the guilds tech tree is a pink background

Also, I'd love to echo Tasunke's point. I like playing with lots of guild techs because I like large team games where having more than the default 4 guilds is good to see the full range of units from the teams on the field. However, late game the culture costs spiral into the tens of thousands range with one tech costing over 70k culture. If I could adjust the scaling rate, it'd be awesome.

Last edited:
Here i am again to report a few things about my last playtrough :D

- Monks can equip tower shields (imo, tower shields should be usable only by melee unitits with defense disciplie)
- Corlindale's peace ability with the Angelic Charm enchantment is extremely powerful. You can spam peace ability to never be invaded again and to completely ignore the armageddon mechanics
- The amount of food you get from killing animals is far too high.
- Those 4 armageddon knights are ridiculous weak, i could kill 2 of them with an experienced and well equipped tier 1 unit. The other 2 were killed a few turns after they spawned.

I second the food on killing animal issue..

- Monks can equip tower shields (imo, tower shields should be usable only by melee unitits with defense disciplie)
Done.

- Corlindale's peace ability with the Angelic Charm enchantment is extremely powerful. You can spam peace ability to never be invaded again and to completely ignore the armageddon mechanics
I haven't found good solution to this problem.
- If Peace removes Angelic Charm before killing Corlindale, that will defeat the purpose of the Charm.
- Forbidding Corlindale from using Angelic Charm can be done only by forbidding him using all gear.
Maybe let it be and just think that as one of abuses Elohim can do? Ultimate Peacemongering? :p I am open to suggestion here.

- The amount of food you get from killing animals is far too high.
It's in DLL, unfortunately.

- Those 4 armageddon knights are ridiculous weak, i could kill 2 of them with an experienced and well equipped tier 1 unit. The other 2 were killed a few turns after they spawned.
Any suggestion? I can give each Armageddon Rider a very powerful combat aura; like insta-death for units coming near, or diseased/plagued/withered for unit near, etc. But the downside of combat aura is, you can not resist them.

Mazatl background art on tech window is missing.
Fixed.

My Malakim settler is not able to settle any of the: Desert, Hills, Haunted Lands tiles. Thats just the first glance, first game, there might be more. Havent tried with other civ settlers yet.
Is that intended?

Relevant also for Ice, Fields of Perdition, Dark Moors (but can settle with mushroom forest on tile), Shallows.

I would like to know how Culture purchase for Traits works
I haven't found any code on this, so I presume it is in DLL.

(also, what gamespeed do you test the game while u mod/ which gamespeed would you say is the ideal for this mod?)
Normal speed.

My Malakim settler is not able to settle any of the: Desert, Hills, Haunted Lands tiles. Thats just the first glance, first game, there might be more. Havent tried with other civ settlers yet.
Is that intended?
You need at least one food in the tile to settle a city. It is by design for reasons that I completely forgot -_-

>> You need at least one food in the tile to settle a city. It is by design for reasons that I completely forgot -_-

This may cause large areas to be completely unplayable, with no reasonable way to inhabit them. Much less possible setups when land area is very limited and every piece must be used to survive, might be hardly possible to expand out of bad initial spot. To conclude, this makes luck with world generation mean much more.

Could you point at the file/spot in code where this is set?

Top Bottom