Master of Mana Xtended

Reporting in from my Elohim game; @ turn 772/monarch still havent passed Tasunke in points! Awesome!
I just got my first Battle Captain from trouncing the Calabim, but I dont know what to do with this chap. The pedia says he can be attached to a unit (like a gg?) but I dont get how to do this? Also I cant seem to build forts. I have the correct tech according to the pedia, tho.
I build loads of quarrys cause Im always low on stone. I really like the concept of struggling to get hold of resources in this way!

Hi

A few thoughts after some matches in hotseat:

- would it be possible to add re-roll possibility to the map generation in the start(you would start with the settings you have chosen for the match, the only thing changing would be the map(resources etc.))? This would be very helpful with especially some very specific races (like the ones that do not use food). This option was in some version of Fall from Heaven etc. (can't recall specifically in which mod it was).

- at the moment the resources needed for buildings does not count the trait benefits in advance (like, you have to have 250 wood for some building, that is free for your trait/leader - like mage guild). It would be better that the system automatically removes the cost or something.

- also, the same with improvements - if you are building a mine to forest hill, it could count that you do get wood from the forest.

- haste potion is still, yes still, useless. Maybe add more turns to the effect or smthng.. or removing the potion all together:).

- lastly, but not least we noticed that you cannot at the moment make picks from the "tree view" of the guilds.As the guilds have such a huge impact to the game, this would make the decision making easier(reduce the clicking:p ).

Those are just some of the points we noticed - but in the posts before, some of the issues were already discussed.

Kinda liking the direction things are going. As said in previous posts, we also, noticed that Noble District at the moment is a bit too op.

Hellraizer over and out.

thanks for the appreciation.

2 things then.
a "bug" : according to the civilopedia you can choose a class at level 4, and then a discipline at level 8 and 15.
But in reality you can get your discipline either at level 5, or immediatly at level 4, just after choosing a class. I don't know how it works (if I have 30xp, I often only get the class, while if I have 32 or 35xp I often can choose both in succession in the same turn).

Anyway, while that's a bug, I think it is a good thing. I really like choosing a discipline soon after the class, but maybe fixing the lvl 5 instead of just after lvl4 might be good.

so please do not revert to level 8 and 15.
Before (a few version of MoM ago), that was ok... but now, I don't know why, it seems that levels are harder to get (I needed 335xp (or 375?) with charismatic in order to get level 15... and for that I took the discipline "lone ranger" or something that increases xp gain... and the promotion that increase xp gain... and it still took me a need to farm most of a game).

However, My point is the following : level 15 is really hard to get.
Maybe you could change the second discipline to level 12 or something. (just after being able to get "hero").

Last : maybe you could tie some disciplines (or promotions) to some techs : science tech or guild ? : maybe "poison master:+2 poison combat" could be tied to poison tech ? Maybe there are some other similar things that can be done...

Thanks for keeping one of my most favourite mods afloat. You are the man :). I am looking forward to the new release which fixes a couple of bugs you've mentioned. Take your time and please stay with us. Thank you for your dedication!

Thanks for keeping one of my most favourite mods afloat. You are the man :). I am looking forward to the new release which fixes a couple of bugs you've mentioned. Take your time and please stay with us. Thank you for your dedication!

I second that!

Deon and Greyborea, thank you for your kind words!

We are lucky that CarnivalBizarre decided to join the Xtended team so that we can make further modification, especially dll one!
This latest version is the fruit of his hard work :goodjob:

Master of Mana Xtended 3.0 (released 11 April 2015)

1. More stable and faster to play build!
    • Fixes various ctds and AI logics.
    • You should notice a better performance when playing.
  2. Changes on religion mechanic!
    • Holy cities are now founded when a civ acquired the 2nd Sacred Knowledge.
    • Forests and Jungles now upgrade to Ancient Forests under Fellowship of Leaves players.
    • Tribute to Cernunnos no longer gives Faith. FOL players main source of Faith is Ancient Forests in their territory.
    • The Order gets a direct damage miracle.
    • The Ashen Veil gets a summon miracle. You now can call forth the fiery Azer!
  3. Mazatl has joined the new unit mechanics with Blowpipe, Dweller, Basilisk and many more!
  4. Changes on weapons and armors, thanks to Calavente for his ideas!
  5. Changes on districts!
    • Noble District no longer gives culture per pop or trade route. More resources are giving Noble District happiness.
    • Merchant District no longer doubles resources in BFC.
    • Foreign Trading District is now renamed to Trading District and gives 2 gold per pop.
    • Luxury District gives +3 gold, one random resource and doubles resources in BFC.
    • Warehouse District gives +100% for lumber, metal, stone and leather. You can build Large Warehouse for another 100% bonus.
    • Bard District now gives +1 culture per pop.
    • Temple District still gives +2 faith per pop, but gives malus: -20% hammer and commerce.
  6. Updates on various civilisation UBs and UUs.

Download here.

Just when I was about to start a new game. Thank you for amazing release before Saturday, now I can relax and forget about my job for a day and play this amazing mod! :)
Woops, it looks like Scions still cannot make a legend :). I guess the fix did not make it in yet.

Oh and by the way, I think it's a good idea to nerf "bard". 200 culture is A LOT and you can get a huge advantage over anyone if you just make a bard hunter and hunt some animals. I would say 20-30 instead would be fair.

P.S. Wow, necromancy aura is WAY too strong :D. I parked a city next to two goblin camps, and one necromancer + 4 warriors created an unending stream of skeletons which do not cost anything. Would it be possible to limit, let's say, 3 skeletons per necro?

Hey, this is awesome! Hankering for a good 4x I recently dusted off Civ4. Now poking around the old forum ... noticed this:

I just send you a PM from tesb and me from two days ago. Basically you are free to change the Aristrakh as you like.
And about Tarquelne: I remember being in contact with him about two years ago. He gave me a similar response, if I remember correctly.

Yup! I'll cop to wanting to control and determine every little thing about my baby. But it was created with a LOT of help from others and I'm just thrilled anyone's willing to take the considerable trouble of keeping the Scions up to date ... arguably they got a bit baroque. :mischief:

Plus I've always thought that the person willing and able to do the actual *work* deserves the say.

Downloading ...

Hey, this is awesome! Hankering for a good 4x I recently dusted off Civ4. Now poking around the old forum ... noticed this:

Yup! I'll cop to wanting to control and determine every little thing about my baby. But it was created with a LOT of help from others and I'm just thrilled anyone's willing to take the considerable trouble of keeping the Scions up to date ... arguably they got a bit baroque. :mischief:

Plus I've always thought that the person willing and able to do the actual *work* deserves the say.

Downloading ...

Tarquelne, you are back!!!

Feel free to poke around the Scions and change them to fit your vision on them. I did not do much, just try to fit the important units to the new mechanic. :D

From test games that I've run, they are still competitive against other civs. But I am not sure about the lore :crazyeye:

Oh and by the way, I think it's a good idea to nerf "bard". 200 culture is A LOT and you can get a huge advantage over anyone if you just make a bard hunter and hunt some animals. I would say 20-30 instead would be fair.

P.S. Wow, necromancy aura is WAY too strong :D. I parked a city next to two goblin camps, and one necromancer + 4 warriors created an unending stream of skeletons which do not cost anything. Would it be possible to limit, let's say, 3 skeletons per necro?

I'll check the Bard class and Necromancy Aura.

Thanks esvath, appreciated.
Just so you know; I am unable to for some reason to download from Mediafire with the Opera browser. Might be others are too.

I can download it without trouble with Chrome. Is it possible for you to change browser? I don't know any sharing file service which is free and relatively easy to use like MediaFire.

Thanks for improving again! And great to read that team has grown

Yes, it is great to have a capable dll modder in our team :goodjob:

Oh, I could use IE to download it, just thought I'd give a heads up so you could post somewhere that if using Opera you'd better just use another browser for downloading the files.

Won't load.

'GFC Error: failed to initialize primary control theme'

I have the same problem. What folder needs to be renamed?

on my computer the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Master of Mana

GFC error every time

Top Bottom