1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Master of Mana Xtended

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by esvath, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Flauros

Flauros Chieftain

So where do I find the code you guys are just now working on? I can only seem to find some stuff from 2013 or so.

EDIT: I am also very curious where the mod handles resources that are being used up by buildings.

2. esvath

esvath Apprentice of Erebus

Maybe instead of a particular civ name, Sephi used flavor and other xml entries?

IMHO, using flavor/xml entries to determine AI is better than using a hard-coded civ name because we can mod flavor. But I don't know if this is feasible....

3. esvath

Hi, Tschuggi! It is nice to see you around!

We are using Master of Mana released in 2013 as the base of Xtended.

The dll code we are trying to improve is revision 204 in this link

If you are looking for graphical assets for buildings/units, they are in the fpk files inside Assets folder in the mod. You need to unpack them first.

4. Psychodad

Psychodad Chieftain

Hi,

i am really greateful this great Mod is still worked on. After years, this is still my favorit game despite of some balance issues. There is no other turn based strategie game with such a rich flavor and complexitie.

I am sure there are many others like me really enjoing this mod, who will be very happy to see it is not dead. So keep on.

Cheerio!

5. CarnivalBizarre

CarnivalBizarre Warlord

Reverting my SVN back to 204 via Tortoise then and I can take a bit of a look over the weekend. I guess we should make our own branch on the sourceforge if we wanna take it from there. Did anyone use to have contact with Sephi, that has contact info to him?

6. esvath

Cool! Looking forward to hearing from you after examining the code!

7. CarnivalBizarre

CarnivalBizarre Warlord

Well, having issues getting the build to work (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13711084#post13711084) which I guess I expected. So no luck at pushing further yet.

Still, a new sourceforge project set up, :) https://sourceforge.net/projects/masterofmanaxtended/
    with master of mana r204 with Xtended dumped on top of it, which seems to work fine so far.
    If you have sourceforge users or get them you can message me and I can give Write access to the repository if you wanna help.
    Also, if someone managed to get it to build in VS2013 or similar, I would not mind some help. After looking and fixing many things but still getting a few errors I am a bit out of ideas... :(

8. Tholal

Tholal Emperor

All the files with "AI" in the filename are for AI functions. Besides Units, there's ones for Cities, Players and Teams.

CvUnitAI::AI_promotionValue(PromotionTypes ePromotion)

Depends on what kind of plot you're looking for. Plot evaluations are done all over the place for various purposes.

Believe that is in python under AI_Mage_UPGRADE_MANA or something along those lines

9. GIR

GIR It'sNotStupidIt'sAdvanced

it seems that the healing ability of shrine of sirona doesnt work.
    at least after finishing the wonder i cant find a button to heal my wounded unit(s) like it was in plane old ffh2.

10. Hellraizer

Hellraizer Chieftain

Hi there,

We continued from where our last post ended.

The following file seems to involve the code for settler group:

CvUnitAI.cpp

int CvUnitAI::AI_getSettlerPatrolUnitsNeeded()
    {
    if(AI_getUnitAIType()!=UNITAI_SETTLE)
    {
    return 0;
    }

int iNeededPatrol=4;
    if (GET_TEAM(getTeam()).isBarbarianAlly())
    {
    iNeededPatrol=3;
    }

return iNeededPatrol;
    }

Maybe change these values by one, first (int iNeededPatrol=4) to 5 and second to 4.
    The reasoning behind this is to increase the number of units in the settler group and so enable survival of the settler.
    This solution might work, if not, it could be good to try adding more units to this group.

One line was bugging us for some time:

in file AI_GroupSettle.ccp:

int MAX_UNITS_PER_PLOT=3;

This is only used once, but it is NOT used anywhere else. Is this line actually needed? Opinions?
    We thought about it, and it might be that this is an experimental line, added for the sake of "3 units per tile"-limit option, but afterwards the coder has decided not to use it(?).

We shall continue - for now, have to stop:). Anyone can use our suggestions to try and compile the game - we haven't tried that yet.

11. thestranger77

thestranger77 Chieftain

First off I just wanted to say great work. This is one game that i just cant seem to get enough of.
    I installed the mod as per instructions on the first page and when I choose this mod I get the following errors:
    Tag:SPELLRESEARCH_HOPE in Info class was incorrect
    Current XML file is:xml\Units/Civ4ManaschoolInfos.xml

Following by what seems to be an infinite list of similar errors with different tags.
    Finally the game crashes.
    I have the lasted Beyond The Sword update 3.19 and tryed copy pasting the whole file and installing using the installers. Same errors either way. Can you help?

*Edit- I'm using the Steam version of the game

12. User0918

User0918 Chieftain

Thanks for continually improving upon the Masters of Mana mod, I just upgraded from 2.11 a few days ago.

I started a new game right away, 16 teams / Emperor difficulty / Aggressive AI / Slower XP. I ended up getting Luchuirp and was a little worried, cause I never did well with them in regular MoM. To my great surprise I steamrolled the map and won at turn 700something (Sacrosanct Earth victory, had 30 cities at that point and there was no real opponent left, so I called it a day).

Looking back I pondered about the reasons for my dominance and quickly came to one conclusion (actually 2): Warlock Discipline and the subsequent Sorcerer promotion. Those two combined give you +25 spell damage, -20% target resists and +100% spelltargets. Thats absolutely overkill! You can level Adepts in no time to 40XP, on the way you grab the spellpower I and spell targets I, which gets you to +35 dmg and +120% targets. Meaning a spell that would normally hit 6 guys instead hits 13! Now multiply that with the added spell dmg and all of a sudden your adepts become your main attack force. I swear to god I didn't use a single melee unit late game, only carried archers along to secure the captured cities and still instakilled any stack I came across with my 10 adepts and a simple fireball spell.

In my opinion this needs serious rebalancing. I'd be fine with archmages being on that power level, but (ungeared) adepts should not be able to decimate whole garrisons all by themself. It makes most other offensive units basically worthless, considering the effort it takes to make them useful (leveling/gearing). Psionic Blast could conter the spellcasting, but I've never seen the enemy using it once and on top it only works when your unit is damaged, so bringing a medic II/III along basically nullifies it.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm really apreciative of all the work you're doing, but from now on I could use this strategy and win every single game, something that would have never been possible for me in old MoM. So I would have to restrain myself from using those promotions and that would feel just wrong, kinda like inverse cheating. I never tempered with the game files, otherwise I might have been able to change this myself, but after briefly skimming over the folders I'm at a complete loss here. So any help is welcome :D

13. esvath

Hi!

I don't know what has caused the error, I tried to reinstall the mod and it went fine. Could you delete all files and directory of Xtended and reinstall?

Also, just to make sure, you installed it in C:\...\Beyond the Sword\Mods, right?

14. esvath

Hi, thank you for playing Xtended!

Don't worry, I welcome feedbacks and criticism, more so when it concerns balance because I tend to make things OP in order to balance other OP things :lol:

Warlock + Sorcerer = imbalance?

Maybe I will reduce the "increase damage" bit from both promotions then.

If you want to change these promotions, go to Modules/Normal Modules/Xtended/XPromotion/XPromotion_CIV4PromotionInfos.xml and look for the Warlock and Sorcerer promotions.

15. thestranger77

thestranger77 Chieftain

I trying to install this on my other computer also and I'm getting the same errors.
    I installed the mod in:
    c:/users/computer name/my documents/my games/Beyond the Sword/MODS/Masters of Mana Xtended

16. esvath

Oh, no. You should install the mod inside Civ BTS's direction in the Program Files.

It might be something like C:/Program Files/Firaxis/Civilization/Beyond the Sword/Mods

17. thestranger77

thestranger77 Chieftain

Ahh got it. Thank you for your help. I'm loving the changes from 2.11
    For any STEAM users out there with the same problem here is where you install the mod:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

18. ThePinkFox

ThePinkFox Chieftain

There are some bugs. Quarries never produce more than 2 stone. Getting enough stone is proving prohibitive.

19. CarnivalBizarre

CarnivalBizarre Warlord

Managed to build it now. Only in release of course. But that is way better than nothing I guess.

Not sure what causes the InterlockExchange errors on debug, but I have looked all over the internet for a solution.... Bläh

20. esvath

Sooo... dll modding is possible now? Hurray!!! :goodjob: