1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Master of Mana Xtended

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by esvath, Jan 26, 2015.

1. esvath

esvath Apprentice of Erebus

Sorry for the late reply, guys. Got caught in real live (tm) activities :p

I'll check on this!

Do you perhaps have Kuriotates AI civ in your games? I don't know why but Kuriotates AI causes CTD :(

2. esvath

Thank you for your kind words! Have fun playing Master of Mana and wait for the next version! :D

3. User0918

User0918 Chieftain

I always play random on huge map with 16 random opponents, might very well be that Kuriotates was amongst them.

Sadly I started over again already and don't have any savegame left, will try to remember to keep one in case it happens again anytime soon.

4. bholed

bholed King

Very nice mod , I have tried a few games now and unfortunatley at about turn 200+ game keeps crashing, anything I can do to make it more stable?

Cheers

5. esvath

Try to play without AI Kuriotates and see if you can complete the game.

6. esvath

I rename Tracker into Spook (according to Google, "Spook" is an old-fashion term for Spies :lol: ) and make it 9 str recon unit, unlocked at Masters of Wild. Rogues can be upgraded to Spooks.

I remove "investigate city" ability from Rogue and give it to Spook. Both Rogue and Spook can explore rival territory.

7. esvath

Forget to answer this!

Hippus Spearmen do have spear! Their spear only appear when they are defending or in battle, though :lol:

8. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

thanks.
    btw, I found 1 advantage of tracker over rogue :
    -acolyte (at least the FoL one) can upgrade to tracker.... for some nice benefits:
    1) medic 1 + FoL religion (not much useful, unless I can get the "aspects" with chan2... but I don't have the tech yet so I cannot check)
    2) if enough xp at start, can get cross-promotion using the class common to disciple & recon but using the first discipline for a justiciar (+3 holy/ chance of verdict) or the (+1mvt, multiple attack/turn).. nice for a hunter-type that will attack lots of animals ...

9. User0918

User0918 Chieftain

How do I update my game with your changes? Do I just redownload the Mediafire file and overwrite the existing ones? Will it break my savegames?

10. bholed

bholed King

Many thanks will give that a try, o and sorry is there an easy way to disable the Kuriotates?

11. mikmac

mikmac Chieftain

Greetings and Salutations!

First of all, kudos to you esvath for taking the helm on this mod! It looks more awesome than ever!

A question: Im currently playing as the Elohim and im not able to build military units. Is there a unit cap or do I need more resources (low on stone atm) or is it something else?

12. sungchiahao

sungchiahao Chieftain

There is a unit cap. Located in the Gold generation area. You should see a ##/## type display. Some units need special resources, but not stone.

13. mikmac

mikmac Chieftain

Got it! Thx a lot sungchiahao. Time for a civics change, then!

14. esvath

Updated the first post with link and changelog for version 2.0

(for the sake of simplicity, let us forget about prior versions of Xtended :lol:)

Instruction for downloading the installers:
    1. Download Master of Mana Full Setup installer and Patch 2.11 from Sourceforge.
    2. Install the game.
    3. Download Master of Mana Xtended 2.0 here.
    4. Unrar and move the Assets folder to your Master of Mana folder.
    5. Run the mod!

Changelog
    1. Adapted Scion to current unit roster mechanic.
      • Only Korrina as leader can build the Vacant Mausoleum and get the Risen Emperor as hero.
      • The Risen Emperor as hero can create Revenant after combat (this is the only way to create Revenant).
      • Only The Risen Emperor as leader can build Temple of Gift, Legate, Doomsayer and Doomgiver. Consider this as an intensified form of Cult of the Emperor.
      • Xivan can build the Lord Usurper, who starts with Hero, Combat I, Combat II and Marksman. You can get lots of free units by using him.
      • Ophelia has Korrina as hero, and I have not give her unique mechanic. Maybe later :p
    2. Adapted Aristarkh to current unit roster mechanic.
      • Skeletons are still using old mechanic: not scaling with tech and can be upgraded.
      • Vampires are using new mechanic: scaling with tech.
    3. Leader traits expanded to include Faithful traits.
    4. Hell terrain is now spreading all over Erebus when the AC is too high. The Hell Planes are now mostly Plains, with pockets of hell terrains spread here and there.
    5. Civics are reworked.
    6. Various bug fixes and updates suggested by forum members.

15. esvath

Hi mikmac! Sorry for the late reply.

As sungchiahao said, the number of your military units is capped by "Unit support". You can increase this number by changing to Military State or building Training Yard etc. Warrior Districts also help.

Be warned, Sidar has less options to increase military unit cap. Their Training Yard's UB (and its upgrades' UBs) do not give extra unit cap. This is to emphasize their "quality before quantity" flavor.

Enjoy your game!

16. mikmac

mikmac Chieftain

Thx for the info!

I am really enjoying my first game. I havent really been able to get into wm/mom earlier because of mafs but Im back with a new computer now.

I started my game @ settler with increasing difficulty/marathon speed setting to ease into things slowly n play around with all the new stuff. Lessons learned so far: The barbarians are crazy agressive in this game. I lost a stack of 3 or 4 monks and an adept when I got a little overconfident next to an orc fort. Then I parked a city with a one-monk defense force next to a mercenary fort. I figured they wouldnt attack across the river. Well, they sacked that city, didnt they. Ouch!

As for the AI, I just met Tasunke and hes ahead of me in points! I havent hit noble yet! Sheesh! Ill definately have to play this one out...

17. sungchiahao

sungchiahao Chieftain

Do I have to do a clean install of the base MoM 2.11 every time I update Xtended? Can I skip steps 1 and 2 if I already have the MoM and the previous Xtended version?

18. esvath

You don't have to do clean install. Just copy-and-replace the Assets folder to your MoM's Assets folder and you'll be fine.

19. sungchiahao

sungchiahao Chieftain

I assume it breaks previous saves?

20. esvath

Yes it does.