1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Master of Mana

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Sephi, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Sephi

Sephi Deity

I do not visit this website anymore, so I won't update this post. If you want to contact me, try the website in my sig. thanks.

2. Sephi

Sephi Deity

post reserved - just in case

3. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

wow sephi!

very impressive!!

how long have you worked on this?

4. hgthechinese

hgthechinese Warlord

Very nice...love it.

A few balance (IMO) issues I have seen so far:

rangers are too deadly. 3 of my neighbors were wiped out by one civ in about 20 turns :eek:, turned out there were more than a dozen rangers running around....w/combat 5 each.... Since it is recon, maybe -50% city attack penalty?

some summons like skeleton seem too expensive for their stats. (Compared with, say, Chaos maunder)

Cities overall seem fairly easy to capture. More defense from buildings? More city-defending special effects/promotions?

Drill promotion line seems way underpowered. All the cool promotions are behind the combat line, and a 20% strength boost is not comparable to a first strike chance or two. Combat promotion line tends to be favored even back in vanilla when it gave only 10% strength bonus, and are generally better in FF, where drill is much more powerful than it is here. Suggestion: boost the drill promotions (maybe make drill I what drill II does right now and so forth, and make drill IV, say, 2 first strikes.), as well as weaken the combat line. (15% strength is great enough, given it has additional perks, and it leads to all the best promotions.)

Lastly, pleeeeease take the time and do the boring part of modding--the pedia. It is a pain to find out exactly what some of the features do, 1 line description will do the trick!! (E.G. for witchhut: provides additional spell research; cannot build improvements adjacent to it.)

Now, back to the game!:crazyeye:

5. Emptiness

Emptiness []

What he said.

Downloading now to try this out!

6. Sephi

Sephi Deity

with learning how to mod about 2 years. But it's not just me, a whole team involved. And many playtesters whose feedback was highly valuable. And all the gems created by the modding community...

7. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

i see,

im very impressed with all the features you describe here, not every day you get to see a mod that changes so much. i know you did some good stuff along the years so its gotta be good.

thank you for all the time you spent on this and your team.

8. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

hgthechinese does have a good point about drill being kinda lame compared to combat in FFH, I agree.

9. dfnehring

dfnehring Chieftain

I manage to start the game and set up the options for a new game. While the game is set up and the map is loading, I get a crash to desktop with a runtime error in civ4beyondsword.exe. Installing as an administrator, etc. has not helped. Any suggestions on how to fix this?:mad:

10. Sephi

Sephi Deity

Did you play a different mod before? I know that the game doesn't delete all options when switching mods, so maybe try to do a PLAY NOW game first.

For example if you play a mod that adds a new difficulty and then switch back to vanilla BTS it can crash because the last used difficulty is not defined.

11. tchristensen

tchristensen Emperor

Great looking mod -- I love all the models you have in here. Many of them look like you got them from FFH but there are some new ones in here as well.

I am hoping to incorporate many of the models in version 3 of ExtremeMod. Of course I will give due credit to such a wonderful mod.

Cheers

12. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Ooooh. Shiny. Definately downloading.

13. Blue Senshi

Blue Senshi Warlord

I'm getting a runtime error when trying to load the map for a new custom game. It happens during initializing graphics. I'm using the 1.01 patch.

That didn't help. Same result at the same point.

14. dreadknought

dreadknought timelord

Downloaded this tonite for my son who loves fantasy mods and it looks stunning and very well done:goodjob: When I tried to do the patch my anti-virus didnt like it for some reason? so not sure on the problem with that but will try it again later.

15. dfnehring

dfnehring Chieftain

I play normal FFH2; no other mods currently; neither BTS. Play Now and Custom Game both produce the same kind of CTD. Any suggestions?

16. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I'm using Norton Internet Security and had the same problem with the patch at first. It quarantined it, I think in part because the patch had so few downloads or users that NIS couldn't verify its safety.

I went into the "Quarantine" section of the anti-virus program, selected the patch and removed it from the quarantine.

I don't know what anti-virus program you're using, but you might be able to do something similar.

17. Sephi

Sephi Deity

just to be sure. You have Beyond the Sword installed and the Patch 3.19? (auto-patcher sometimes screws this up)

18. dfnehring

dfnehring Chieftain

Yes, CIV4 + BTS + patch 3.17 (manually installed) + patch 3.19 (manually installed). I have FFH2 running stable, as well as the Start Trek mod. Only Master of Mana crashes.

19. tchristensen

tchristensen Emperor

Have you tried my mod -- it is a fairly good test to see to see if you can run a laden down graphic and XML modified Mod. Just a thought.

20. dreadknought

dreadknought timelord

Yep, thats exactly what is going on, I will try to check on that later, thx:D