Master of Myrror Fantasy Mod 2.0

I've just downloaded this mod and i cant find the reason and intent of why make almost all units move 2 spaces on everyturn.It sure is unorthodox in regular gameplay and hard to adjust to it,now i got to got the editor and change all this:crazyeye: Can u elaborate of why u choose this style of gameplay?

CartesianFart said:
I've just downloaded this mod and i cant find the reason and intent of why make almost all units move 2 spaces on everyturn.It sure is unorthodox in regular gameplay and hard to adjust to it,now i got to got the editor and change all this:crazyeye: Can u elaborate of why u choose this style of gameplay?

The whole idea of this mod is that it is unorthodox. If you dont like it dont play it!

If you do play it I recommend playing one level easier in difficulty cause everything is so diffrent that it takes a while to get to used to it.

Regarding two movement units; the nature mage have gnolls from the beginning wich move 2 tiles. All nations get some kind of rider when they climb the techtree. Alot of nature mages units move fast in forests as well.
So the nature mages expand pretty fast...

Drift, if you ever do finish the expansion I look forward to playing it. I just bought Civ IV (and hopefully my computer capable of running it will arrive tomorrow) but I will continue playing Civ III - at the very least, for the sake of this scenario and two or three others. If you don't finish the expansion, this is already one of the best mods and scenarios out there.

The Last Conformist said:
@Drift: Whom is the credits for the enchanted spring graphics due to? :)

I believe myself. I don't have access to the files from this computer but I believe you mean the puddle with bright spots over it - it's a simple editing job done by myself. You seem to run a tight ship with credits - I still feel a little bad about how vague and general MoM's credits list is. Nice to see others doing a better job with it.

Thanks to everyone for the support and kind words. I haven't been around much lately and the mod development has pretty much screeched to halt. I did manage to put together a playable version, but it's still really far from finished or even releasable. There's still a small chance that I finish it just for the sake of finishing it, but it doesn't look too good at the moment.

My son is great and these past four months have been amazing times. Naturally the workload in my life has increased quite a bit, but that has been mostly positive thing as it has helped me prioritize my life and has boosted my studies greatly. The little fella' is growing fast and he has changed a lot from last September - the skill of rolling over is now under his belt and the next step would be that instead of just flapping his arms and legs wildly while lying on his belly, he'd actually gain some ground. But there's no rush, he's developing really well and in some things ahead of normal schedule. All in all, he's the most adorable baby in the world and I'm really one of the world's luckiest men because of it.

Hand the development over to him, I'm sure he'll have it done in no time. ;)

@naf4ever

I'm definitely not planning it. If I ever finish this one, I'll retire with glee.

While searching the forums, I think I once stumbled on a Master of Magic project for Civ4, but I'm not sure about it. I believe it was the same guy who had the same project for Civ3, but didn't finish it. (Taranthor). Hope it gets finished this time.

*does a search*

Found the thread
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=142192&highlight=master+of+magic

As for this mod, I'm really torn with it. There's a side of me that wants to finish the damn thing as it's bugging me somewhat, but I simply don't have the time for it. Having an hour to yourself is a luxury and finishing MoM II would take a lot of those. So, as much as I'd like to wrap it up, I don't think it's happening. I may still try and at least look into what needs to be done, but I'm starting to accept that the 2.0 will be left incomplete. I will look into the option of getting someone to finish it for me, but don't know if anything will come out of that. I would have to trust the guy and his vision 100% and guys like that with no ongoing modding projects are somewhat hard to find.

@Drift,
you could also try to persuade someone to finish this mod for you (no, don't look this way, thank you very much sir :) ).

Cheers, take care of the family :)

I have a problem when I invade a city of my opponents. As soon as it is destroyed, all the cities of this opponent are destroyed too.
Is it a basic option of Civ I have to uncheck, or is it a bug?

Elluin said:
I have a problem when I invade a city of my opponents. As soon as it is destroyed, all the cities of this opponent are destroyed too.
Is it a basic option of Civ I have to uncheck, or is it a bug?

It's one of the game options, 'elimination' I believe. Don't know why it would be on by default in MoM - maybe you've turned it on by accident.

In other news, I checked on few things with the mod and came to conclusion that some of the decisions I've made with the Fall of Arcanus playing mode don't really work. They sounded good on paper, but don't seem to make for good gameplay. It's mostly about the unit system. I have a few ideas on how to change it, but it would take a lot of time. Hmmm.

I don't think I'm going to find someone to finish it for me. Even if someone volunteered, I'd probably have too hard a time giving it up. There's always the option of releasing just the latest version of regular 2.0 (something I probably should've done ages ago). We'll see, but I believe I'm going to release something in a few months.

thanks for the hella great mod!!! i know i know, im a bit late, but its super nice none the less!

p.s. anyone tell me how to use custom avatars??? cant seem to figure it out on this forum.

Actually 30 days of membership AND 30 posts

Click Here which will instruct you how to customise ... there is also a thread where people create them for you Here

Welcome Burning Beard:beer: to CFC ... Love your addiction :lol:

Any chance a mac friendly download could be made? Like just a simple .zip file or something? My mac can't deal with .exe files, and though sometimes I can just change the suffix to .zip and that works fine, such is not the case with this mod.

Probably not. Maybe you can get a friend to download it on a PC, and execute the exe and then burn the files on a CD? Besides, did they ever make C3C for mac? If not you're out of luck, I think.

They did come out with c3c for a mac, just this year in fact (it shipped mid january). And I'm running Conquests 1.22
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who has the required equiptment to do what you suggest. Also, if it doesn't work for me, then it probably doesn't work for any other mac user. So I guess, this is my plea to make this interesting looking mod accessible to the mac-initiate.

Top Bottom