Master of Myrror Fantasy Mod 2.0

Drift said:
4. If an improvement has a prereq and the prereq is destroyed/sold after the improvements completion, will the improvement still operate?
Yep they will. For example Cathedrals and Universities will still funktion even if their resp. prereq. Temples and Libraries are sold or destroyed.

I don't see the need to limit the summoning to the capital. Make it a small wonder, and you can only build one.
Unless there's a fluff reason why it must be built in the capital I'd rather have it without limitations.

Wolfhart: What if the prereq is that only a select group of Civs can build the great wonder(Civ specific wonders).. if you take their city with that wonder in it will you enjoy the benifits that wonder provided its previous tenents?
Im just curious thanks

In a game I incorporated the Dwarf Kingdom into my Khemri civ ... The Moot didn't work, didn't appear in city buildings ... but in Wonder Screen it still showed.

Other Wonders like Anvil of Doom and Chaos Pit comtinued to work in the cities.

Therefore I assume if your civ has the prerequisites, then the Wonders will still work for you.

I wonder if another civ took my Moot city if the wonder would start working again?

Thanks for the information and suggestions. I've decided that I'm going to go with the simplest solution, the one I used in MoM 2.0 betas with the automatically built race units -> small wonders buildable anywhere and going obsolete. I'll have to make some room in the tech tree, but it was easier to do than I anticipated. Only extra techs I need to add are at the third era.

The summoning system works so that there can be maximum of four summons active. The units have been divided into four groups: infantry, defenders, cavalry and the special unit. The first three have generally three units each and the special unit is a single unit obtained at the top of the tech tree - for example the Archdemon of Chaos. Once a mage researches the next unit summon in a group, the earlier unit of that same group goes obsolete. So for example researching Summon Gnoll Ranger makes Summon Gnoll go obsolete, but Summon Minotaur continues to operate normally (until the mage researches Summon Ent.)

My test game was so much fun that I had a little hard time letting go of it. It was refreshing to have mages with so different units. Minerva was beaten senseless by Kali's trolls and Rjak's orcs. She controlled men and put up a decent fight with them and it was cool seeing an almost doomed capital of hers summon a Minotaur that fought off some of the invaders. Vlad tried to sneak some outdated trolls on my border cities, but I bribed Sss'ra to slaughter them with the couple of Chaos Knights he had nearby. Tlaloc had beastmen and it was pretty scary to see a pile of his Stone Giants (Giants belong to beastmen) at my borders. I could go on, but the point is that I found the mod to be very fun to play even in this unfinished state. It wasn't majorly different from regular MoM, but it had it's own distinct style. And there's still loads of stuff to add. :)

T.A JONES said:
Wolfhart: What if the prereq is that only a select group of Civs can build the great wonder(Civ specific wonders).. if you take their city with that wonder in it will you enjoy the benifits that wonder provided its previous tenents?
Im just curious thanks
fe3333au said:
In a game I incorporated the Dwarf Kingdom into my Khemri civ ... The Moot didn't work, didn't appear in city buildings ... but in Wonder Screen it still showed.

Other Wonders like Anvil of Doom and Chaos Pit comtinued to work in the cities.

Therefore I assume if your civ has the prerequisites, then the Wonders will still work for you.

I wonder if another civ took my Moot city if the wonder would start working again?
T.A Jones: as you see from fe3333au's answer, wonders or improvements you can't build yourself but you've conquered from another civ will continue to work unless the wonder requires you to be under a certain government and you're not (fe3333au: the Moot requires you to be a Monarchy and the Khemri can't use that gov IIRC).

Drift, one word: anticipation!!! :)

I have just installed Civ 3 Complete on my computer, along with Master of Myrror V2. However, as far as I can see, MOM as not in my game! Am I doing something wrong? (It would not be the first time. :sad: )

As usual, just after I made my post, I found my answer...install MOM in the "2nd" Conquest file, not the first (in my own defense, I did not even know there WAS a 2nd Conquest file. Mea culpa!:goodjob:

Drift!
Great, you're surgery has improved your modding speed ;)

What people would also appreciate (atleast in this stage) is Screenshots of your games :)

Cheers, and I hope all's going well at Nashville :)

@aaglo

Well, now that I've pretty much healed, I've had to do these things like "work" and "studies" much more. So my modding speed is back to normal. I did get a lot done though during my recovery.

Screenies? Hmmm. I'd like to make the final decision on the terrain graphics before posting any screenshots. The terrain won't be the blueish-purplish terrain of Myrror but something more traditional. Or not. I can't make up my mind. My curret vibe is that Arcanus is an autumn/sunset colored world and I have a rough set of color treated sn00py terrain to go with that theme. I'll just have to think on it a it more and check out some other terrain packs (like Ares II).

I'm also not sure how much I have time to play the mod in the near future. I'm a slow player and free time is hard to come by. Beta-testing will probably come into play at some point, but I haven't really thought it through yet and it's not beta time yet.

Feel free to ask for Alpha volunteers Drift. ;)

I'm doing that in CivIV currently and those mods are way rougher around the edges than this would be.

@woodelf

Thanks for the offer and I believe I'm going to take it. I just need to work on the mod a bit more before it's ready for alpha testing.

I decided on the terrain graphics BTW. I've always been fan of sn00py's so the graphics are yet again based on his terrain. This time with green water though, so no ocean shelves. I didn't want to make anything too weird for the graphics, so I just gave them that autumn/sunset kinda color tint.

Now I'll need to (I'm writing this list as much for you guys as for myself so I get a better idea of what needs doing) finetune the unit balance, possibly add a few units to round out some of the basic races, focus on unit/improvement/wonder placement in tech tree, check out possible bugs / crash liabilities, go through all units for missing flags or wrong settings, think through the summoning cycles (how many turns it takes to summon a unit), reconsider unit costs (it's somewhat cheap to mass build units at least in early game), test how common resources are and how they are distributed in general, test new units I've added for crashes and test all new wonders for possibly missing splashes.

I may also rethink the end of the game as the idea was that this 'prequel' would end where original Master of Myrror ends. I have some ideas, but I'll need to work on it a bit more. The story behind MoM was that the world of Arcanus was mysteriously destroyed, "swallowed by a void" IIRC and the mages had to escape to Myrror. I have an idea that the era splashes (the evolving city when you change eras) would show this decline with the last era splash ending in a somehow catastrophic vision with a red sky and bleak land. Instead of Spell of Mastery, the mages would have to cast a spell that would take them to Myrror.

I don't know, I came up with this five minutes ago. :crazyeye: And it's niceties that don't have to be ready for alpha. Just like pedia and pediaicons. Although it would help the testers to have some documentation on new additions.

I'll also have to figure out a way of holding the alpha/beta test. I'm not sure if I'm going to have an open test or a closed one. I'll have to check out my options as I'm not sure if I can host the files anywhere if I choose to go with a closed test. I would like to present only the finished version here instead of having unfinished versions publicly available.

Cool Drift. Any version you can upload I'll play. I'm not sure about how to handle the unfinished versions problem. With FfH Kael has a Private forum in the Civ4 section and unless you're "invited" there you can't see the upload link. :) And the last 4 versions have been *ahem* buggy. I'm glad they weren't running around the CFC until we get it cleaned up.

About the ending of this mod...I wouldn't dwell on it too much yet. It'll come when people play the mod and offer suggestions. With enough feedback the lightbulb will click on and you'll say "that's the ending."

Drop me a PM when you figure out the file system. I don't care how balanced it is since that's what Alpha is.

mrtn said:
Check out TFs Announcement at the top of the forum, the "yousendit" thing could be useful, or if you upload it to 3ddownloads.

Yeah, good point mrtn. The 10 downloads or 7 days isn't good for a full release, but when you send out the link to testers it works. We did that for internal SotM releases.

Thanks guys, that yousendit is perfect.

Those interested in playtesting the mod can contact me in this thread or via PM. Woodelf is so far the only one whose name I have on the list.

I'll do those things I listed and then start somekind of alpha/beta test. Hopefully it won't be too long. I could start it with just some of those done, but I'll want to make sure that I've gotten as much of the problems rooted out so that I won't have to release patches all the time. Optimum would be that I release an alpha/beta, sit back for two weeks and make changes based on the feedback. However, previous experiences have tought me that that's delusional. :)

@Stormrage

Sure. It's nice to get some perspective from someone who isn't familiar with the original mod.

But what do you mean you haven't tested anyone's mod so far? Don't you test WH-mod all the time? At least I see you posting lots of game reports and suggestions.

Top Bottom