Master of Myrror Fantasy Mod 2.0

Hi All,

New to this forum. Love civ and the MODS that are beening delevoped. Have played th Warhammer and love it.

Now I think I am a moron here. I have downloaded it and winrar it.
I extracted it to Civ3/Conquests/Sce area and di the same with the patch. (Just starting with 1.0 found this site recently) .

the files are there when I look in the program area. But when I run the gaem and look under the civ content it is not listing it. Not sure what is goin on with me here.

Have down alot of DL and extracting rar files for other games with np.

Any idea what I am missing? I would really love to play this but just can not it going.

Thanks

Did you download the .biq and put it in the Civ/Conquests/Scenarios folder?

Don't put the .biq in the mod folder, put it in the scenario folder.

Hope that helps. :)

Make sure that you unrar the .biq file that you find in the patch to the right folder; i e Civ3/Conquests/Scenarios, and NOT to Civ3/Conquests/Scenarios/MoM or something. It sounds just like a "right thing in the wrong folder" type of error. :)

Welcome to CFC! :wavey:

Hi Drift! Congrats on the ace mod! :goodjob:

Iv been around a while, and i originally downloaded way back when the original came out (not the Beta tho- i was still a modding infant back then, content to try and master the original civ3 game before trying anything new! :) ). Back to the point....

Iv downloaded the mod again, due to a certain virus on my computer which unfortunately caused it to crash and i lost EVERYTHING. Unfortunate. Anyhoo, that is what sparked me coming on here and downloading again without hesitation, and i was wondering- what is the Fall of Arcanus going to be about? Having looked at it, i thort it must be just an add-on, but having read the extra title i am hopeful it will be like a new mod?So can you enlighten me please, are my hopeful predictions accurate?

mrkingkong

@mrkingkong

Thanks for the compliments. This post should clarify what Fall of Arcanus is.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2755386&postcount=1348

However, the development of this add-on has run into some trouble. I'm a soon-to-be-father, whose running out of time with this silly hobby of his. I haven't modded anything for almost a month now and I'm finding very hard to find the time for this project. Like tjedge1 said, it's possible for me to work with it in small bits every now and then, but I'm a little skeptical about that ever working out for me. Anyhow, I'm going to try and we'll see how it goes.

Drift ... slow and steady buddy ... thanks for the effort it's a fantastic and funtastic mod ... keep us informed of bub :welldone:

what files should i modify to be able to pay in with a spanish version of civ III. I can translate them and send them to you to post with the downloads.

zafyro

@zafyro

I'm sorry, but I can't help you with that. I don't know anything about the subject.

Thanks for the help Left & Mrtn I did out it in the wrong places.

BTW- amazing work to all the MOD and Map designers in here.Made the enjoyment of the game to a whole new level.n WTG

Having just graduated from my MA program, I've been playing an awful lot of Civ III lately. :) Today I turned back to this mod. I still love it. I'm playing as Freya at the moment, and I'm having a blast. I get the impression the other Wizards don't like me, and I've had to beat off attack after attack, and pay out a lot of tribute... but I just captured Oberic's capital. Things are tilting in my direction.

The nature units are quite cool. Those two-move defenders come in really handy; I also use Gnoll Rangers to attack red-lined units and then retreat back to safety. My race resource is Elves. Most of my domain seems to be Ancient Forest, so I enjoy great flexibility in out-manouvring invading forces. I've also built a number of fire catapults, which were essential in establishing a sustainable kill-ratio versus Oberic.

On the other hand, I'd trade my forests for Oberic's crappy terrain (lots of desert, but also lots of nodes and so on) and his having only one border (with me) not three!

Drift, I hope you're able someday to complete Fall of Arcanus. But at least if you don't, I'll still have this mod to give me my MoM fix.

Some of the Death units are very cool!

I'm pondering playing as Merlin next because he always seems to have trolls in my games. :D

In my current game I'm *very* worried about him. He's attacking my neighbour - if I allow Merlin to knock out Rjak, I'll have a huge border (instead of a little tiny one) with Merlin. And he has both Trolls AND Dwarves. Furthermore, both resources are securely buried deep within his vast empire. Trolls-Empty Hill-Dwarves. :eek: Oh, and he has Orcs too, although I've not seen him bothering with any Orc units. Or Life units either. Why would he?

My empire is as big as his (or very nearly so), now that I've conquered Oberic's territories. But as far as race resources, I've added Men to Elves. Nifty units, but I'd like something with more of a punch to fight those trolls and dwarves with. I guess they'll have to do. Let me consult my generals and artificers... I need to see how long it would take to double our artillery arm. Nine trebuchets won't go far against those double-bonus-hp trolls.

Any suggestions? Help! I've already tried approaching the fourth surviving mage on the main continent, and he won't join in a military alliance against Merlin even for all my techs, resources, mana and mana per turn.

I've considered and rejected attacking Rjak myself, in order to take his cities first - I'd have to garrison whatever I took, even if I could take territory faster than Merlin's trolls, and it would only delay the inevitable day of reckoning. Rjak's only race resource is Dark Elves, and while his units are performing fairly well I don't see that resource as likely to help me much (or give Merlin any advantages he doesn't already have).

My advice would have to be this- build up like mad while you can and then as soon as he is finished with Rjak throw everything you've got at him in a HUGE assault. Or you could make an alliance with him against some1 else and then backstab him :lol: who says you have to play fair! (Remember though, an alliance with the mighty is never to be trusted! *Philosophical!)

mrkingkong

mrkingkong said:
My advice would have to be this- build up like mad while you can and then as soon as he is finished with Rjak throw everything you've got at him in a HUGE assault. Or you could make an alliance with him against some1 else and then backstab him :lol: who says you have to play fair! (Remember though, an alliance with the mighty is never to be trusted! *Philosophical!)

mrkingkong

Appreciate the advice! I went with basically the first option. Also, while building up my army I completed more research, and was able to bribe Tauron to join in.

I also signed military alliances with Rjak (to keep him in the fight) and Vlad (even though he's off on an island by himself). Grand Alliance to stop the leader. :D

Even with that, things weren't simple. I caught Merlin in the back, grabbing a city he'd taken from Rjak, and cutting off his main army (which I left for Rjak and Tauron to deal with). It took me twenty turns to take three of Merlin's cities; I decided to halt there, as advancing any further would force me to widen the front enormously. Besides, Merlin offered substantial per-turn payments.

That didn't last long though; Merlin sent troops into my territory, probably just to fight Rjak, I ordered him out, he declared war ending the ceasefire. I renewed my military alliances and went on the offensive. I grabbed more cities. Took Merlin's capital! By that time I was running low on troops so I called a halt to await reinforcements. I sent some forces back to suppress a revolt, sent another small force to help Rjak and Tauron attack one of Merlin's cities.

Then Avalon revolted. Wiped out my main army, and my entire artillery corps. :cry:

I regrouped forces for defense, but Merlin was tapped out by that point. My dragons started arriving on the scene - I love those beast! - and that was it. I razed Avalon, then my dragons (and a couple griffins) flew down the coast, burning Merlin's cities to the ground. Sent another army with a settler across the gulf that separated my home territories from Merlin's, they joined up at the Troll and Dwarf resources. Bye bye Merlin, hello invincible army for me. :)

Just as all was looking rosy Vlad, apparently catching wind of your advice about alliances with the powerful, declared war on me! I shall see what comes of this; I'm not feeling too terrified. :lol:

Nice to see some activity in the thread. Thanks guys. :)

I also have some good news regarding the mod.

I'm playing a song right now in the background - it's the song that plays during Rocky's training montage in Rocky IV. It's about Rocky facing his enemies - mental and physical. He's training real hard to prepare himself for a fight against a seemingly unbeatable foe - Ivan Drago. It's a cheesy 80's song with over the top epic melodies and right now, it's just the right song to listen to as I'm making some progress with the mod. I'm motivated to try and wrap things up and get at least a rough, but playable version of Fall of Arcanus finished along with the final MoM 2.0.

Don't get your hopes up - I've failed you before and I may do so again. ;) But I just felt like announcing that I haven't quite given up yet.

And as for the baby - the calculated date is two days away, so it could really be any day that my priorities are thrown completely around. Exciting times. :)

Good news Drift. Gotta love Rocky vs Drago! Good motivation for you, I guess. ;)

Keep us posted on the little Drift.

Best wishes Drift! :)

Also good luck with the modding. One small note on that; I like Nature's air transport units for moving slow units (like Earth Elementals) around. I originally built just one Pterodactyl for recon, then added another and a couple Great Eagles when I found the transport capability helpful. Actually I've found them much more useful than I ever found helicopters in standard civ, perhaps because of the lack of railroads (which I think is a definite plus for the mod). Maybe the Great Eagle should have 1-2 squares greater range than the Pterodactyl, tho?

Top Bottom