1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Master of Orion 2 unofficial patch

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by Rocco.40, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Colon

Colon Chieftain

Thanks for the overview. I don't think you should make further planet maxpop changes in 1.50. The thing is: I suspect that boosting the maxpops and giving races extra picks speeds up the game. More positive boosts and larger populations result in faster research. Perhaps a general research speed modifier would be a good thing to have to slow down the game again (at least I didn't think there is one right now). Otherwise you have to go through the hassle of modding tech costs individually to the same effect.

I think such a research speed modifier would be nice thing regardless, if you want slower (or faster) games.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  2. Rocco.40

Rocco.40 Chieftain

I have seen such request made before, however the game's speed is not restricted by research, it is restricted by production.
    So if you want a slower game, production needs to be more expensive, as was done in 150 improved by increasing the value of the production, unification and rich home world picks.
    And indeed slower ship travel or increased star distances would also slow down the game's pace (as it's done for example in ice mod small galaxy map)..
    Since to win a game, generally not much research is needed (nuclear missiles or fighter bays do the trick here), making research more costly actually makes the game easier because the AI will have less defensive improvements while you are roaming the galaxy, mind controlling worlds with your cruisers (or battleships in case of 150i).
    Sure if you wish to make research costlier still it can be done with cfg, but you'd need to adjust each tech field individually.

3. Rocco.40

Rocco.40 Chieftain

We've just released fan patch version 1.50.9, that also contains an updated launcher v1.2 and ICE 16.
    Check the website / readme / manual for details.