Memory Allocation Failured

Unfortunately now I have a MAF every turn :sad:

Save svn 11199 are not compatible with current svn? If the problem is not in the computer, wait fix?

I started the current game in April 2019. It's a pity stop her :gripe:
Would you consider saving and exiting to desktop every turn? I had MAFs every turn back in Renaissance (this is a game I started Oct 2018), but by exiting the game every turn, I don't get any and am now in Galactic.

Would you consider saving and exiting to desktop every turn? I had MAFs every turn back in Renaissance (this is a game I started Oct 2018), but by exiting the game every turn, I don't get any and am now in Galactic.

No, I hope for a fix

Then a good fix that will allow me to start a new game and go through the game until later eras without hard MAF

Then a good fix that will allow me to start a new game and go through the game until later eras without hard MAF
Don't play on Huge and bigger maps, and don't pick more than default amount of civs.

There's no direct fix. There's a possibility that we will be able to continue making things more efficient as we continue to improve the program. Also could go the other way...

Regarding the MAFs issues I was having on the GEM, I managed to fix them, at least for now. Since Toffer could autoplay my save without MAFs it was clear that the issue was on my side, and perhaps it could be fixed. Keeping in mind the weird DX9 error I got a couple of times, hinting at some graphical issue, I set most graphics options on medium, in particular what seemed to make the biggest difference was enabling low resolution terrain. In any case, I also resized Windows memory paging again, to 8-16GB, as I read on Microsoft forums that it could help with general applications' memory errors. Maybe these further tweaks can be helpful to other players as well.
I was then able to play another good 80 turns before I had another normal MAF on turn processing. However, interestingly enough, I'm guaranteed to get a MAF if I do a recalc (unless I do it as soon as the savegame loads); I'm also getting repeatable MAFs if I load into the game and then try to load a previous save (save scumming is bad anyway).

I knew from the start that I would never be able to finish a game on the GEM, but I'll see how far this one goes and keep that in mind when setting up a new game.

Regarding the MAFs issues I was having on the GEM, I managed to fix them, at least for now. Since Toffer could autoplay my save without MAFs it was clear that the issue was on my side, and perhaps it could be fixed. Keeping in mind the weird DX9 error I got a couple of times, hinting at some graphical issue, I set most graphics options on medium, in particular what seemed to make the biggest difference was enabling low resolution terrain. In any case, I also resized Windows memory paging again, to 8-16GB, as I read on Microsoft forums that it could help with general applications' memory errors. Maybe these further tweaks can be helpful to other players as well.
I was then able to play another good 80 turns before I had another normal MAF on turn processing. However, interestingly enough, I'm guaranteed to get a MAF if I do a recalc (unless I do it as soon as the savegame loads); I'm also getting repeatable MAFs if I load into the game and then try to load a previous save (save scumming is bad anyway).

I knew from the start that I would never be able to finish a game on the GEM, but I'll see how far this one goes and keep that in mind when setting up a new game.
If the mafs are from graphic limitations, a stronger card may fix the issue. There are graphic MAFs and ram MAFs and the ram ones indicate where the game itself is just too much but if its a graphics issue then there may not be limits that hardware upgrades can't manage to help with as much.

Top Bottom