1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] Middle-earth Mod 0.4.1

Middle-earth, Civ4 style

1. topsecret

topsecret Believer

Alright this works on my end.

Here are the problems I believe you were encountering:

1. The Meshes (3D Models) that you had in the file were pasted at the end. If you press F2, you should be able to see a list of how the file looks. You need to paste the meshes under the same NiNode as the other meshes. The easiest way to figure out where to paste it is to click on one of the 3D models already in the file. That will make it's location appear on the list on the left. Then just paste the mesh you are copying to the parent of the model. If you don't understand this, please wait until I make my video tutorial on units and buildings. For the mean time, I have fixed it for you (you can look in the file to see what I mean.)
    2. The L System is indeed messing with us! :D I created an exact clone of the town but renamed it in the files only. Look for the two XML files in the attachment and put them in the proper folders (Art and Terrain). You'll also have to put the town art in the correct file location. You should not delete the original town in the Improvements XML file, as it is referenced in the L System and you don't want to mess that up.
    If you have further questions let me know. (1) was why it would not show up in the Civilopedia. (2) is why it would not show up on the map.

Attached Files:

2. topsecret

topsecret Believer

If you have more questions, just post them in my video tutorial thread. I want to keep this one on the Middle-earth topic. :)

3. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

4. tantanmen

tantanmen Warlord

Hello topsecret!

I've been messing with the unitmesh, but no luck. I usually don't prefer using unitmesh for graphic variety, but as I mentioned, I wanted to see if it was possible to visually 'echo' aspects of the films, where our rag-tag group of heroes bands together:
    the-hobbits.jpg lotr.jpg
    So for the visuals, I just wanted to try out a swordsman unitmesh 'squad' of Gondor fighters, one with a claymore leading two others with shortswords. I dunno, it might be interesting, it might not.

Well it’s a humble offering, but I thought you might find this warrior useful (I forget where I found the file). His outfit is a little darker, and his boots appear to be furred, which squares pretty well with Medieval Fantasy.
    Additional Warrior, fur boots.png

Attached Files:

5. topsecret

topsecret Believer

For the meshes, see the Besieger unit in the latest update on UnitInfos. Should provide a workable example.

I like the warrior. :)

6. topsecret

topsecret Believer

I've been doing some reskinning and made a new model for a helmet as well. :mischief:

Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0277.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0280.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0281.JPG

tantanmen likes this.
  7. topsecret

topsecret Believer

"We are proud to fight alongside men once more."
    Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0282.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0284.JPG

V55, tantanmen, lfgr and 1 other person like this.
  8. robbyextreme

robbyextreme Warlord

Looks good bro I'm glad to see a LOTR mod in this game.

topsecret likes this.