MilarNES II: Civilizations of the World

Well, im not sure what all the (?/?/?/?) bits mean...

Melée Attack / Melée Defense / Long Range Attack / Long Range Defense / Cost per unit
1 / 1 / 1 / 2 / ???

So essentially basic, but are good ad defending themselves from a distance (build forts/shelters? Tho it's obviously their other abilities that are more important...

Diplomacy:

From the Emperor
To Mitanni Confederacy
(OOC: This attitude is explained in the backstory in the template.)

You in particular amongst the barbarians appear to be quite civilised- I assume you will be paying me tribute?

To the Emperor of Empire
From the Bear Chieftain of Mitanni Confederacy

Hello to our southern neighbor, we also like to see that their more civilised people in this world as well. However we can't afford to give you tribute at this time as we need to defend ourself again the barbarians, But as soon a we can trade with you we would like open trade with you and offer you some of a fineness horse to you.

Stories:
Cavalloism

The Creation Story
In the Begin the world was like a small colourless ball until the gods came and started to shape our world to their own desires. Each one added another part to our growing world, like one god created the mountain, another one goddess created some of the plants and so on.
It when came round to the Goddess Epona turn added to our world and she looked down on world. Thank to her brother and sister the world full of colour and interest thing like water, air, plants and other thing of interest. So decided to create two animal for this world which she will call her children, they were humans and the great horses. She created humans with her intellect and creativity and the great horses with her love of freedom and her swiftness. She ask the humans to take care of the world and all the animals in it specially her children the great horse and treat them all with respect.

Belief and Practices

While the people Mitanni worship different gods and goddess, all hold the Goddess Epona in high regard with her being their creator. Cavaioism teaches respect all animal so the follower look down on any one who is cruel to humans and animals a specially horses. All of the follow own a horse which they care for deeply to show Epona the deep co-operation between her children. Follower are allow to eat meat but only the animal itself had a happy life and is kill as humanely as possible.
They believe that when they die they will be reincarnated. What exactly will depend on how the goddess of death judges them. A bad life they are reincarnated lesser animal like rat or ant, an okay life they are reincarnated normal animal like wolf or cow, and good life is rewarded with reincarnated as human or horse.

OOC:
@Milarqui: I'll send my orders later tonight and i will try finish writing about my culture by the weekend at latest.

Diplomacy:
To the Emperor of Empire

Hello to our southern neighbor, we also like to see that their more civilised people in this world as well. However we can't afford to give you tribute at this time as we need to defend ourself again the barbarians, But as soon a we can trade with you we would like open trade with you and offer you some of a fineness horse to you.

Stories:
Cavalloism

The Creation Story
In the Begin the world was like a small colourless ball until the gods came and started to shape our world to their own desires. Each one added another part to our growing world, like one god created the mountain, another one goddess created some of the plants and so on.
It when came round to the Goddess Epona turn added to our world and she looked down on world. Thank to her brother and sister the world full of colour and interest thing like water, air, plants and other thing of interest. So decided to create two animal for this world which she will call her children, they were humans and the great horses. She created humans with her intellect and creativity and the great horses with her love of freedom and her swiftness. She ask the humans to take care of the world and all the animals in it specially her children the great horse and treat them all with respect.

Belief and Practices

While the people Mitanni worship different gods and goddess, all hold the Goddess Epona in high regard with her being their creator. Cavaioism teaches respect all animal so the follower look down on any one who is cruel to humans and animals a specially horses. All of the follow own a horse which they care for deeply to show Epona the deep co-operation between her children. Follower are allow to eat meat but only the animal itself had a happy life and is kill as humanely as possible.
They believe that when they die they will be reincarnated. What exactly will depend on how the goddess of death judges them. A bad life they are reincarnated lesser animal like rat or ant, an okay life they are reincarnated normal animal like wolf or cow, and good life is rewarded with reincarnated as human or horse.

OOC:
@Milarqui: I'll send my orders later tonight and i will try finish writing about my culture by the weekend at latest.

That's good. However, it seems like I'll have to create the NPCs on my own, since Vertinari118 hasn't said a thing in the last two weeks.

Also, where are you from, exactly, c&cciv3? 'Cause there are certain details in your story that make me think that you are from a Latin language speaking country...

Also, where are you from, exactly, c&cciv3? 'Cause there are certain details in your story that make me think that you are from a Latin language speaking country...

Wow that comment surprised me, I've got no idea what parts of my story gave you that idea! But anyway I'm from the UK, also I do have with mild dyslexia which is why grammar can bad at times

Wow that comment surprised me, I've got no idea what parts of my story gave you that idea! But anyway I'm from the UK, also I do have with mild dyslexia which is why grammar can bad at times

I guess it was the Cavalloism part (Caballo (which sounds exactly like Cavallo in Spanish) is Horse in Spanish, and Epona is a horse...)

Orders sent.

Noh Ajaw continued to wait for the sign from the gods on how he would feed his people. On the sixth day of waiting, a storm hit, toppling several trees and blowing plants all over. When viewing the aftermath, it was not uncommon for a man to see fruits usually found in the denser vegetation strewn around the grasslands. Nearly a month later, a man, later identified as Tutul, approached Noh Ajaw stating that a jungle tree had begun growing in a land devoid of trees. Noh Ajaw, along with the wisest Mayan elders and shamans, traveled to the qukul (god-tree), where they confirmed the man's claim. One wise man inquired to Noh Ajaw whether or not other plants could be grown where they were not placed first by the gods, and Noh Ajaw immediately thought of his plea to the gods. He smiled, and ordered Tutul, the discoverer of the qukul, to round up his family, have them find the foods they ate on a daily basis, and put them in the ground.

Several weeks later, some of the places where the plants were buried bore a small plant, identified to be the early stage of the wild plants. Of the many tests, ishim was the fastest growing and the most widely consumed by the masses. Noh Ajaw ordered Tutul to take more ishim and attempt to grow it using as much of his property as possible. With Tutul's acceptance of the order, he became the first farmer in Mayan history.

To the Emperor of Empire

Thank you- we are willing to trade with you as soon as it is possible. It is nice to see some truely civilised people in this world.

Story

Part the First
Spoiler :
On the eve of the birth of his only grandchild from his only daughter, the leader of the Prismans, Noory Lendag, was stricken with a sudden brain embolism and died while drinking a glass of wine and admiring his reflection in a bowl of water on his table. Lendag had been unable to sire a male heir but had the foresight to take under his wing a young orphan some years ago and raise him as his own. The orphan was named Clem and after some time, all the land knew that he would be their next king. Rumors abound as to how this child castaway found the favor of the Noory, but the truth was known by few.

As the child grew into a young man, Lendag continued to groom him to one day lead the Nation of Prisma profitably into the future. However, somewhere along the line the naive heir began to unwittingly allow himself to be corrupted by some of the advisors to Noory Lendag. Slowly and with perfect subtlety and timing, these nefarious advisors laid the seeds of moral turpitude and greed in the fertile mind of the young man, Clem. These men were operatives of the secret group of elite 'puppetmasters' that called themselves the Bilders. Lendag was never aware of the efforts of these operatives, who were also grooming Clem in their own way and with the selfish ends of the Bilders in mind.

Moments after his sudden death, Lendag's chief advisor delivered the news to Clem that his time had come. He was now the new Noory. Many decisions would need to be made, Clem knew, and soon. He knew that Prisma was poised to grow and expand it's influence on the area under the brilliant rule of Lendag. A disruption in the work he had done would be disastrous.

As Clem drifted into sleep on the night of his coronation, many thoughts flashed through his mind. Thoughts of the sacrifice and difficult choices he would have to make as Noory. Thoughts of continuing the fostering of better relations and communication between the villages. Thoughts of doing what was best for all of Prisma.

The same night, the Bilders were indulging in different thoughts. Their thoughts were of empire, control, massacre and money. The seeds so masterfully planted deep within the psyche of the heir to Lendag's throne could now begin to grow. The Bilders had become quite proficient at such operations and were confident that by applying the right pressure at the right time, they could gain control of the new Noory. They were sure they would soon have a new puppet.

Part the Second
Spoiler :
The newly crowned Noory, Clem Ckickey, was orphaned when he was too young to remember and adopted by the wise king Lendag shortly thereafter. He was raised learning all the traditional stories and fables that made up the religion of Cannabism. He believed deeply in Cannabism and was proud that his father had always tried to keep the teachings near to all Prisman's hearts. When he envisioned his legacy as Noory, it was one of a man that spread Cannabism across the land and was vital in reforming the old teachings to modern times.

Clem was a decent man, who, left to his own counsel, would have surely led Prisma to greater prosperity than even he imagined. There were others, though, that had designs on manipulating the new Noory.

The Bilders, always thinking several moves ahead on the chessboard that is reality, were perfecting a complex, multi-generational plan to increase their grip on Prisma's economy and it's government to a stranglehold. There were many steps to take and they would need to utilize all their experience at influencing society and politics to succeed, but they were very patient.

The first step for this cadre of elite criminals was to pump up the economy of Prisma. They held large and varied interests in the fledgling economy and the time had come to expand. The time had come to funnel money into Bilder coffers for future endeavors. To become more powerful. They needed to direct the development of better Bartering and harness the awesome power of Fire. The word was passed on to one of Noory Clem's senior advisors, along with a routine payment of gold for the advisor's traitorous duties.

The Bilders had key members at the highest levels of Prisma's government secretly on their payroll and guarded these relationships with great fervor. Over the years, they had expertly groomed the brightest minds and often the darkest souls and had maneuvered these minds and souls into positions of power throughout the land.

It came as no surprise to the puppetmasters when news arrived that the New King had made his first official policy announcement. Noory Clem would delay his religious ambitions indefinitely to instead focus on the economy of Prisma, upon the counsel of his most trusted senior advisor, of course.

Milarqui, is it possible to get the stats for the NPC's up soon? I'd rather not make my decision on this turn's orders until I see the circumstances I'm in. Thank you.

Are any NPC's even on the map?!

Aruhnite Myths:
Sharroth and Vismarl

Spoiler :
An excerpt from the Ytrislade, the second chapter in the book of Ytriegotos:

[21]

...Ytri had two sons. The elder son was named Sharroth, and the younger son was named Vismarl. Sharroth was headstrong and proud, while Vismarl was calm but naive. Ytri loved them both dearly, but of the two he loved Sharroth more.

During the Rlatche (That is, the festival of birth), Ytri adorned Sharroth with a shining full-cloak of gold. Vismarl, however, he only adorned with a shining half-cloak of silver. Vismarl was upset, and despite his wisdom grew jealous and spiteful of his brother.

One day, when Sharroth was walking in his full-cloak of gold, Vismarl was overcome by envy and threw a stone at Sharroth. But Sharroth was nimble, and dodged the stone. Upset, Vismarl flung another stone at Sharroth, but Sharroth was too quick, and it missed. Then Vismarl struck Sharroth with his fists, and Sharroth cried out.

Upon hearing Sharroth's cry, Ytri's wrath was brought upon Vismarl. He decried that Vismarl shall henceforth wear his half-cloak over his face, that he would not see the possessions of others and covet them. And even now, he still does so, though of his own choice.

[22]

Now, Sharroth was a proud son. And some time after he received his full-cloak of gold, he decided he was not satisfied and wanted more. So he began to adorn himself with many ornaments made of gold, so that he would shine more brightly. He began to shine so brightly, that he was brighter than Ytri himself.

This displeased Ytri, and so his wrath was brought upon Sharroth. He turned his face away from his son in anger and shame, and ordered that he relinquish his full-cloak. But Sharroth, unlike Vismarl, was not an obedient son, and so he fled. Ytri was angered further, yet he still could not bring himself to hunt Sharroth down. So he gave his son Vismarl his blessings, and sent him instead.

Even now, as we look at the sky, we can see Vismarl chasing Sharroth, and Sharroth evading Vismarl. In the day, Sharroth is in the sky, fleeing from Vismarl. Because Sharroth is in the sky, Ytri turns his face away. But when Sharroth is no longer in the sky and Vismarl catches up, Ytri shows his face.

Once every thirty days, Vismarl will show the entirety of his cloaked face. As the days pass, he will turn aside, and by the fifteenth day, he is looking the other way. This is because he is looking for Sharroth, and thus cannot simply face one way, for that would be a very ineffective method of searching. Still, he will eventually turn towards us, and at the end of the thirty days he will face us again. When the gazes of Ytri and Vismarl are aligned, it is known as the Naterstach. It is a day of prayer, that we may remember to be satisfied with what we already have and not sin like the brothers did. But it is also a day of celebration, in that we celebrate Ytri's forgiveness towards Vismarl.

I'll be working ATM with them. Expect 3 nations in the Caribbean, 2-3 in the Mediterranean and a couple more in China-India

Regarding non-sending of orders, I'm implementing the 3-strike policy. If you don't send orders and you don't say that you won't be able to, you get 1 strike. At the 3rd strike, your nation goes NPC and you can't get it back.

Quitting. (10char)

how many orders in/out currently?

Top Bottom