"Mine Warfare" and/or "Pirates and Merchants" by OV?

mcookie83

Warlord
Hey, guys!

Now that "Aviation" by OV is finished, I want to ask if anybody's working on "Mine Warfare"? I read that StrategyOnly added the tech "Mine Warfare" into C2C so I guess somebody is working on it (that would be great!)?

So my question is: Do we want to include OV's "Merchants" and "Pirates" stuff? I've added it already for my personal C2C v18 but think it needs some fine-tuning... so if it is okay, I could work on it and let you know about my proceedings?

Just tell me... :mischief:

Hey, guys!

Now that "Aviation" by OV is finished, I want to ask if anybody's working on "Mine Warfare"? I read that StrategyOnly added the tech "Mine Warfare" into C2C so I guess somebody is working on it (that would be great!)?

So my question is: Do we want to include OV's "Merchants" and "Pirates" stuff? I've added it already for my personal C2C v18 but think it needs some fine-tuning... so if it is okay, I could work on it and let you know about my proceedings?

Just tell me... :mischief:

It doesn't really matter if people want or dont want things added in C2C, as i always say, if i dont like or dislike it, "Make it Yourself." Then just do it, but just make sure its works correctly. Make the mod "YOU" want to play with. But if it benefits C2C, all the better.:) Thats goes for EVERYONE on CFC, make it, have it tested by the C2C personnel and never know it might be included, but as in AND, sometimes its in one time and gone the next, just the way it goes.

Thats why way back when Zappara and i were working on RoM three years and more ago, i did my stuff one way and he did his another way, and then we compromised and either added it, or the other just kept it for themselves to use.

So i say "Go for It." But make it the best you can, and there are always people willing to help here in C2C if you ask.:)

It doesn't really matter if people want or dont want things added in C2C, as i always say, if i dont like or dislike it, "Make it Yourself." Then just do it, but just make sure its works correctly. Make the mod "YOU" want to play with. But if it benefits C2C, all the better.:) Thats goes for EVERYONE on CFC, make it, have it tested by the C2C personnel and never know it might be included, but as in AND, sometimes its in one time and gone the next, just the way it goes.

Thats why way back when Zappara and i were working on RoM three years and more ago, i did my stuff one way and he did his another way, and then we compromised and either added it, or the other just kept it for themselves to use.

So i say "Go for It." But make it the best you can, and there are always people willing to help here in C2C if you ask.:)

I was doing like you told me! :)

Here is the "Merchants"-Mod by OrionVeteran for C2C... it includes two new technologies "Piracy" (requires sailing and needs to be included for the Pirates-Mod, which I will finish soon) and "Coast Guard" (which is also needed for the Pirates-Mod). I'm not sure about the strenghts of the merchants, so it would be cool, if someone could look over it and give feedback...

I added "Shipwright" as the requird building for Carrack and Clipper Merchant... I thought it would be more realistic and fits with the C2C-system.

So, hope you like it...

Ps. Pirates will follow soon. :D

Here is the "Merchants"-Mod by OrionVeteran for C2C... it includes two new technologies "Piracy" (requires sailing and needs to be included for the Pirates-Mod, which I will finish soon) and "Coast Guard" (which is also needed for the Pirates-Mod). I'm not sure about the strenghts of the merchants, so it would be cool, if someone could look over it and give feedback...

I added "Shipwright" as the requird building for Carrack and Clipper Merchant... I thought it would be more realistic and fits with the C2C-system.

So, hope you like it...

You forgot the game text file.

Edit This has the merchants so where are the pirates?

Indeed. You did a great job working with DH and I on the Aviation mod. Converting more is great news since all of us have other projects we are working on and sadly have to put stuff to the side for later more often than not. So its great that you can pick them up and help contribute much needed stuff! :D

So, hope you like it...

I am not sure how "Piratey" they are but we will need to add some pirate units to the "Pirates Cove" building and smugglers to the "Smugglers Shanty" building. I would like to use some units from strategyonly's Pirate Civ mod if you are up to converting those too.

You forgot the game text file.

Sorry, you're right... here is the .rar-file for "Merchants", "Pirates" and "Pirate Hunters" - all together... is it possible that you could look over it and tell me your opinions, DH? That would be cool!

Hope you like it! :mischief:

Ps. I didn't divide the texts for all folders - now there are all in one. If you want to I can divide them...

Indeed. You did a great job working with DH and I on the Aviation mod. Converting more is great news since all of us have other projects we are working on and sadly have to put stuff to the side for later more often than not. So its great that you can pick them up and help contribute much needed stuff! :D

I am not sure how "Piratey" they are but we will need to add some pirate units to the "Pirates Cove" building and smugglers to the "Smugglers Shanty" building. I would like to use some units from strategyonly's Pirate Civ mod if you are up to converting those too.

Oh, I didn't know, that we have such buildings... so maybe it could be good to make them requirements for that units? I could add that, if you want me to...

Oh, I didn't know, that we have such buildings... so maybe it could be good to make them requirements for that units? I could add that, if you want me to...

Yes any pirate related unit should require the "Pirate's Cove" building. Note if you have early pirates such as Ancient Mediterranean pirates (not pirates of the Caribbean pirates) then it should require "Smuggler's Shanty" building. And I don't really have building for modern pirates, sorry.

Sorry, you're right... here is the .rar-file for "Merchants", "Pirates" and "Pirate Hunters" - all together... is it possible that you could look over it and tell me your opinions, DH? That would be cool!

Hope you like it! :mischief:

Ps. I didn't divide the texts for all folders - now there are all in one. If you want to I can divide them...

What order do you load the folders in? Or is it the case that they all need to be in game, in which case they should be the one mod not separate. I am getting a graphics error when I try and load all three, so I tried each individually to find the culprit. I get missing units classes if I just load the pirate hunter.

Yes any pirate related unit should require the "Pirate's Cove" building. Note if you have early pirates such as Ancient Mediterranean pirates (not pirates of the Caribbean pirates) then it should require "Smuggler's Shanty" building. And I don't really have building for modern pirates, sorry.

Okay... so I will add that buildings as requirements and maybe we can create buildings for "newer" pirates. I'll upload the latest rar-file, when I'm finished... :)

Doesn't smugglers shanty come a bit late for classic era piracy, J Ceasar was captured by pirates and they were around much earlier. Or have I got the tech time line wrong again. ;)

Also if we now have the piracy tech should not those buildings require that tech?

What order do you load the folders in? Or is it the case that they all need to be in game, in which case they should be the one mod not separate. I am getting a graphics error when I try and load all three, so I tried each individually to find the culprit. I get missing units classes if I just load the pirate hunter.

I put them into the "OrionsMods"-folder and made a sup-folder called "Ships". And that folder I put in the "MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls" to activate.

Doesn't smugglers shanty come a bit late for classic era piracy, J Ceasar was captured by pirates and they were around much earlier. Or have I got the tech time line wrong again. ;)

Also if we now have the piracy tech should not those buildings require that tech?

First of all Smugger's Shaty comes at Drug Trade so maybe. But we can always move it.

2nd Piracy tech can become a requirement for those building once we know where to put Piracy. Do we want piracy early on (Ancient Era) or at the peak (Renaissance Era)? Either way I need to tech put in place before I change the building requirements.

Also I think the tech should be added to the core techs too rather than modular.

First of all Smugger's Shaty comes at Drug Trade so maybe. But we can always move it.

2nd Piracy tech can become a requirement for those building once we know where to put Piracy. Do we want piracy early on (Ancient Era) or at the peak (Renaissance Era)? Either way I need to tech put in place before I change the building requirements.

Also I think the tech should be added to the core techs too rather than modular.

Piracy has been a huge problem always. In the classic era J Ceasar made his name in part by later destroying those pirates he was captured by. One of the "reasons" Rome took on the Etruscians was because they had alledidly state run piracy that attacked Roman merchants.

In the 10th century one "attraction" on the Viking Grand Tour was fighting prates at Gibralta and elsewhere! Mind you many thought the vikings were pirates.:mischief:

As to the tech, well like the terrain features while it gets sorted out it should be modular, but once settled it can be moved into the core.

@mcookie83, I am getting the XML error TECH_SHIPBUILDING in Pirates_CIVUnitInfos is incorrect.

Good morning, guys! Hm... I will look at it and fix it! It was a hard night so I have to get myself sober... :mischief:

I will add the required "Pirate"-buildings, but maybe it would be better to move the buildings to the tech "piracy". I'll look at it.

I'm going to report my proceedings in a whlie. :)

Salute!

Okay, guys!

Now, the tech "Piracy" requires "Naval Warfare" to be discovered. Ancient Pirate units now need a "Smuggler's Shanty" and/or "Pirate's Cove". The modern ones, I don't know, maybe we need some buildings for them.

I'm not sure, if the strengths of the "modern" pirates and "hunter" units need some fine-tuning?

Btw, Hydro? I think it would be more logic if "Smuggler's Shanty" and/or "Pirate's Cove" require "Piracy"... wouldn't they? :)

@ DH I don't know how to fix a CTD... in that issue I'm a nooby. What causes it in general? How can I fix it? :sad:

Top Bottom