"Mine Warfare" and/or "Pirates and Merchants" by OV?

There is something still not quite right but I need to play through at least twice to figure it out. ;

I am going to move the Cog and Galleass into the core files so it makes it easier to find stuff.

I think the Cog and Galleass should come earlier. For some reason I have say Triremes and Galleys for a very long time and then poof I get Cog and Galleass right before they become obsolete from all the other wooden ships. Right now we have ...

Prehistoric
Boat Building = Canoe
Boat Fishing = Fishing Boat

Ancient
Archery = War Canoe
Sailing = Galley
Naval Warfare = War Galley
Piracy =
Seafaring =

Classical
Ship Building = Trireme
Siege Warfare = Siege Quinquereme

Medieval
Optics = Caravel
Compass = Galleass, Cog
Whaling = Whaling Boats

Renaissance
Astronomy = Fluyt
Metallurgy = Brigantine, Sloop
Naval Cannons = Galleon, Frigate, Privateer
Grand War = Man O War

Industrial
Military Science = Ship of the Line
Steam Power = Paddle Steamer, Iron Frigate

I mainly think the problem is if you look on the tech tree is compass is at the end of the Medieval Era and all the other Renaissance Era ships start out near the beginning.

I guess its the best solution for what we have available without having with either move compass earlier or removing it s a requirement from Cog and Galleass and replace it with something else. However no other ships come about at Compass so it would be a shame to leave the tech without some ship to upgrade to.

In short it would be nice to have some more buffering between the Medieval and Renaissance ships but less between the Classical and Medieval ships.

That was the other problem I had.

OK, there is something wrong with the ships concerning piracy and anti-piracy at the moment (v19).

Buildings:-
Smugglers Shanty
- TECH_PIRACY

Pirates Cove
- TECH_NAVAL_CANNON, TECH_ASTRONOMY and TECH_PIRACY

Units:-
Pirate Ship 2 - Barbary Corsair (str 16)
- Pirates Cove
- TECH_OPTICS, TECH_PIRACY​

The Barbary Corsair requires Pirates Cove which requires naval canons! I think it should only require the Smuggler building.

I'll put up a new list in a moment with the pirates and others from OV's mod.

I had a power failure after my last post and when the power came back my computer was making really bad noises. Luckily I don't seem to have lost anything, except the list of ships I was working on.

OK taking your list and adding the extra ships. Ships in bold are from Orion Veteran's piracy mod. Probably should add in the merchant ships. () = other techs needed

Prehistoric
Boat Building = Canoe
Boat Fishing = Fishing Boat, Whaling Boat​

Ancient
Archery = War Canoe
Sailing = Galley
Naval Warfare = War Galley
Piracy = Dragon Ship (Metal casting and Ship building)
Seafaring =​

Classical
Ship Building = Trireme
Siege Warfare = Siege Quinquereme
Medieval
Optics = Caravel, Barbary Corsair (Piracy)
Compass = Galleass (Piracy), Cog (Machinery)
Guilds = Sloop of War (Compass and Optics)
Whaling = Whaling Boats
Renaissance
Astronomy = Fluyt
Metallurgy = Brigantine, Sloop
Naval Cannons = Galleon, Frigate, Privateer
Grand War = Man O War​

Industrial
Military Science = Ship of the Line
Steam Power = Paddle Steamer, Iron Frigate
Assembly Line = Torpedo Boat (Steel)​

Modern
Submarine Warfare = U Boat(Chemistry), Q Ship
Coast Guard = Assult ship (Submarine Warfare), CQ Ship(Submarine Warfare)​

Ship Building requires Metal Casting and Seafaring.

Seafaring requires Naval Warfare and Piracy.

Piracy requires Naval Warfare and Fermantation.

This means that Dragon Ship should only require Ship Building and trireme should not require Naval Warfare. Similarly Siege Quin... should also only require the tech ancient balistics as the other tech is a requirement for ancient balistics.

Also the tech Seafaring should only require Piracy.

Can you guys add these ships?

I know we have a Trireme and Siege Quinquereme, but I though these could give some variety to early game naval warfare.

Here are some stats I was thinking of for it.

----

Quinquereme
Type: Wooden Ships
Req Tech: Ship Building AND Naval Warfare AND Bronze Working
Req Building: Shipwright
Cost: 60
Strength: 6
Speed: 2
Upgrades From: War Galley
Upgrades To: Galleass, Caravel

Special Abilities
  • Cannon Enter the Ocean Until Astronomy
  • This Unit is Tradable
  • Builds 20% Faster with Prime Timber
  • Starts with Coastal Guard I Promotion

----

Decareme
Type: Wooden Ships
Req Tech: Ship Building AND Naval Warfare AND Iron Working
Req Building: Shipwright
Cost: 60
Strength: 6
Speed: 2
Upgrades From: War Galley
Upgrades To: Galleass, Caravel

Special Abilities
  • Cannon Enter the Ocean Until Astronomy
  • This Unit is Tradable
  • Builds 20% Faster with Prime Timber
  • Starts with Navigation Promotion

----

I also was thinking the Trireme could get Coastal Assault I Promotion. This way you have ...

Trireme (Metal Casting) = Attack
Quinquereme (Bronze Working) = Defense
Decareme (Iron Working) = Speed

Feel free to add your ideas on how to make them all unique whale still being weaker than the later ships.

You did not read my previous post did you :mischief: Ship Building has Naval Warfare as a prerequisite so Naval Warfare is not needed in the prerequisite list.

Again this is a first cut that needs testing. Goes in Assets/Modules/Custom_Units.

Both these ships have larger carrying capacity than those that they upgrade to.

btw, How far along is the Mine Warfare section?

Don't know. OV has recently done some changes to improve the way the AI works with the units. I think he just changed the strength of land mines so that te AI would not leave their cities with only land mines in them as defenders.

PS while you were posting I was editing my previous post. Don't miss the new units that need some testing. ;)

Don't know. OV has recently done some changes to improve the way the AI works with the units. I think he just changed the strength of land mines so that te AI would not leave their cities with only land mines in them as defenders.

PS while you were posting I was editing my previous post. Don't miss the new units that need some testing. ;)

Yeah i just saw that, will take a look, also, if you have anything else that needs testing, just let me know ok in that section thx.

btw can you PLS look at the python code of the Gladiator/Spartacus, because i am NOT getting a Gladiator no matter how many times i win and you are supposed to get one at a minimum of one per two kills, or something like that??????? PLS:help:

You did not read my previous post did you :mischief: Ship Building has Naval Warfare as a prerequisite so Naval Warfare is not needed in the prerequisite list.

Again this is a first cut that needs testing. Goes in Assets/Modules/Custom_Units.

Both these ships have larger carrying capacity than those that they upgrade to.

1. I did but i was not sure, I kind of got confused. Which is funny since I set up that part of the tech tree.

2. Don't you think the Quinquereme is too strong at 7 strength?

3. Don't you think the Decareme is too weak at 4 strength?

In comparison ...

War Galley = 4 Strength
Siege Quinquereme = 5 Strength
Trireme = 6 Strength
Galleass = 8 Strength

Note that in level of rowers it goes ...

Trireme < Quinquereme < Decareme

Making the Decareme biggest and thus fastest ship since they have that many more rowers. Trireme on the other hand would be the most common since it was much easier to make.

Which is why i went Metal Casting -> Bronze Working -> Iron Working for the 3 ships to space them out a bit so they do not all appear at Ship Building tech, but still require it. note it is still possible I think for them to all appear at once if you get Iron Working before Ship Building.

Also I noticed that the Siege Quinquereme and the Quinquereme have the same tag of "UNITCLASS_QUINQUEREME". That need to be fixed since they are different types of ships.

1. I did but i was not sure, I kind of got confused. Which is funny since I set up that part of the tech tree.

2. Don't you think the Quinquereme is too strong at 7 strength?

3. Don't you think the Decareme is too weak at 4 strength?

In comparison ...

War Galley = 4 Strength
Siege Quinquereme = 5 Strength
Trireme = 6 Strength
Galleass = 8 Strength

Note that in level of rowers it goes ...

Trireme < Quinquereme < Decareme

Making the Decareme biggest and thus fastest ship since they have that many more rowers. Trireme on the other hand would be the most common since it was much easier to make.

Which is why i went Metal Casting -> Bronze Working -> Iron Working for the 3 ships to space them out a bit so they do not all appear at Ship Building tech, but still require it. note it is still possible I think for them to all appear at once if you get Iron Working before Ship Building.

Also I noticed that the Siege Quinquereme and the Quinquereme have the same tag of "UNITCLASS_QUINQUEREME". That need to be fixed since they are different types of ships.

Oops, I missed the strength bit. No wonder all my Dragon ships were being sunk. ;)

Top Bottom