Mini-NOTW I: "To Kill a Mockingbird" Sign-up thread

Hey, Diamondeye, I know you totally have m-NotW II practically planned out, but if you're amenable to the idea, I'd like to run the next game in this series. I have a gameplay mechanic I want to try out...

Gah... If you don't mind I'd rather run the second, I was thinking this from the start that after the first couple I would find others to run the next ones (since I will be largely inactive in the summer holiday)... And as you say, I am almost done writing m-Notw II (need two characters - there's going to be 18 this time around), so I'd rather run mine first. Can't stop you from starting up yours of course, but I'd prefer it if only one of them ran at a time, and I'd honestly prefer to run mine first - then you are fully welcome to run yours so I can dedicate some time to my real notw (and my exams :sad:)...

Hey, Diamondeye, I know you totally have m-NotW II practically planned out, but if you're amenable to the idea, I'd like to run the next game in this series. I have a gameplay mechanic I want to try out...

Gah... If you don't mind I'd rather run the second, I was thinking this from the start that after the first couple I would find others to run the next ones (since I will be largely inactive in the summer holiday)... And as you say, I am almost done writing m-Notw II (need two characters - there's going to be 18 this time around), so I'd rather run mine first. Can't stop you from starting up yours of course, but I'd prefer it if only one of them ran at a time, and I'd honestly prefer to run mine first - then you are fully welcome to run yours so I can dedicate some time to my real notw (and my exams :sad:)...
I have an idea to host one too. So the order is...

MNotW 1- "To kill a Mockingbird"
GMed by Diamondeye

MNotW 2- "Unnamed"
GMed by Diamondeye

MNotW 3- "A Game of Thrones"
GMed by Lightfang

MNotW 4- "Pillars of the Earth"
GMed by CCRunner

A random idea, I think it would be cool if they all were named after books, no matter how obscure the book may be. Like my title is a book by Ken Follett and DE's is by Harper Lee obviously. Just a thought...

Last edited:
Fine, you can keep your stupid monopoly down, but by God I will break it in m-NotW3 if I have to call in the SEC to do it. :p

I haven't decided what I'll call mine.

Fine, you can keep your stupid monopoly down, but by God I will break it in m-NotW3 if I have to call in the SEC to do it. :p

I haven't decided what I'll call mine.
Book-ish name!

Random title from my shelf- "Once an Eagle".... heck if you don't take that one I will for a future installment!

Upon thinking about it a little more, I decided to be uncharacteristically nice and acquiesce to CCRunner's request.

I shall GM m-NotWIII: A Game of Thrones.

I was thinking of calling MNotw II "A gamble of life and death", but since that is not a book title, I'll settle with the slightly less spot-on name Welcome to the jungle.

Good suggestion, CC, I am looking forward to you and LF's games aswell (can I reserve a spot? :p)

Guys, can I just say the naming the games after book titles thing is a really lame idea.

Guys, can I just say the naming the games after book titles thing is a really lame idea.
:( Spoilsport

:p Yeah, it's lame. But I like it anyway. Also, quick update on mine, I wrote 8 pages of notes on it today at school and I'm about half way probablly. It will most likely turn into a non-mini one. If this does happen, "Once an Eagle" will become my MNotW

Another update, "Pillars of the Earth" is now a fully complete NotW proper. "The Shadow Rising" is now a fully complete Mini-NotW though I could easily make this into a full one too.

Man, you guys are hardworking.

Although, all I have to do is write the PMs pretty much, so. :p

More really bored at school than hardworking. But I just thought of a cool mechanic for the mini-game that really deserves to be in the main game in my opinion... But the main game already has a lot of new stuff too. I don't know that to do! :crazyeye:

And I don't think I could handle running two full NotW games soon after each other but I'm really tempted right now.

I only need a bit more work on M-NOTW II for it to be ready to run, it'll encompass 18 players... Would starting sign-ups this weekend be too early?

Thomas's just started, so it's probably better to wait for a week or ten days from now -- get a few people killed in the main game first.

Top Bottom