Mini-NOTW II: "Making Money" - Game Thread

Update: Evening, Day 0

As the demoralized caravan slowly began to retrace the way back to Kwythellar, the merchants were quick to suspect each other and everyone in general. The line of wagons moved slowly, and they felt as if they hadn't moved when the sun set on the horizon. The merchants set up small tents or slept in the wagons with their precious wares, while the Hippus guardsmen set up their tents along the side of the road, close to their tied-up mounts. Soon, everyone was laying and nerveously waiting for sleep to come. They were each wondering the same thing: Would they wake up tomorrow?

Night has fallen!
People with nighttime abilities, send your PMs!
Day comes in roughly 24 hours from now.

Until then, Public posting is Closed!

Update: Morning, Day 1

As the sun slowly rose on the jungled horizon, the caravan slowly woke up. Many of the traders sighed with relief to find that they had survived the night, and worried as to if everyone had been so lucky. Most of them also checked their goods on the wagons, and that was when they noticed the first oddity.

Not only was the tool trader, PaulusIII, nowhere to be seen; his tent was also gone, and his personal belongings as well as some of the food had been missing. It appeared that PaulusIII had taken the chance with the wilds of the jungle and left the caravan to it's own fate.

Spoiler :
PaulusIII was Innocent!

Several of the traders shook their heads. Alone in the jungle... They were sure they would never make it. And apart from that, his wares in one of the wagons had been left behind. He would almost surely be ruined!

However, after the commotion about the tool trader's leave, the men noticed that someone else was missing... The traders looked at their two Hippus guards. Where was CCRunner, the horse archer? Quickly, everyone ran to the spot where he had set up his small tent the day before. As they opened the tent door, they discovered that the killer had struck again: Soaked in his own blood, the Hippus Horse Archer lay on his back, dead. A large cut across his throat and several stabs to the chest and stomach were visibly the cause of death.

Spoiler :
CCRunner was Innocent!

Nerves took hold of the caravan, now only 16 men strong, and only two of them guards... Would they ever make it back to Kwythellar?

CCRunner was - surprisingly - discovered to have a bow and a quiver of arrows. Those would go up for vote as well, when the traders had to decide who should be executed tonight...

Voting is now open!
Accusations in bold black, supports in bold green, and votes for the bow in bold brown!
Night falls in roughly 48 hours.

Until then, public posting is open!

That stupid tool trader, leaving us and all! Surely he knows that traveling this part all by alone is near suicide!

The slave trader mutters some more, and goes off into his wagon.

Upon seeing what happened, the fur trader rushes back to the caravan. He is not seen until later that morning, when he says this:

"I don't know who's the culprit, but I know I need the arrows."
Then goes back inside.

Hmmm perhaps we should give the bow and arrows to one of our Guards? Somebody who knows how to use them perhaps?

Well that or let me have them. :lol:

Well i can take care of them. I am a guard.

All right, I agree that oyzar should have the bow and arrows.
I trust him with them more than myself or another merchant.

Well I am ot so sure if it is wise to make the strong even stronger. Especially not the only one who has a sharp weapon open about him. I would rather give it to one of the traders if he can use it.

Hmmm I see your point. I guess I will take them if you think I should have them, but I will also raise this point the Bow and Arrows didn't save the Horse Archer. I don't know if I will be able to kill anything, but I will surely try! :D

Sepuku can use the bow nad arrows to put down his horses when we start to run out of food.

Well they will just give +x Strength, but don't help against somebody killing you in your sleep.

Sepuku is fine for me.

The Wine Trader steps forward, nervously adjusting the hem of his waistcoat, which is bright yellow. To match the orange turban, you see. Matters of fashion aside, he looks slightly recovered from yesterday's (and this morning's) shocks, and his chubby cheeks are flushed an even brighter red. Someone in the caravan has taken pity on him and supplied him with a bottle of wine out of his personal belongings. Or maybe the point was just to get him drunk? The vintage is not a patch on what's in his casks, but right now, he'll take what he can get.

Hmm, haha. Well, you see. Arrows are fine, right, but aren't we supposed to be stringing up a killer? Haha.

He points a be-ringed finger at two tents, from which emanate a chorus of snores.

Those two haven't spoken since we got here, haha. Maybe MooseWarrior is saving up all his strength to use at night? Ha. Ha.

The Wine Trader trails off into nervous coughing. It's all been too much for him. Clutching his gift bottle, which is down to the dregs, he retreats to his tent.

(OOC: Someone had to do it.)

Well if they will not help in any in our situation...but we should give him a small chance to speak up first. As such, I won't vote you now MooseWarrior but if you do not give me a reason otherwise, I will help in your death. :sad:

Listen...

The Spice Trader eyes all the people warily.

Tasslehoff, the Trade Guild Representative, hasn't said a word. Speak up, will ya?

Tally: Midday, Day 1

... As the sun rose to zenith above the slow-moving caravan, the traders slowly grew used to suspecting each other (of other things than bad taste and awful manners, of course), and at last, the wine merchant Renata had been the first to cross the treshold and openly accuse one of the others, the idle Weapons trader, MooseWarrior.

When it came to the bow and arrows that CCRunner left behind, an amusing thought had spread among the traders of finer goods; would the horse merchant not be a good replacement for the fallen horse archer? Meanwhile, the mounted swordsman, Oyzar, tried to argue that he as a guard should carry the weapon, but few listened and none had agreed - yet, at least.

Vote Tally:

Bow and Arrows:
Sepuku: Sepuku
Oyzar: Oyzar
KingMorgan: Sepuku
Krill: Sepuku
Kulko: Sepuku
Hell_Hound: Sepuku
Bratmon: Bratmon

Total:
Sepuku: 5
Oyzar: 1
Bratmon: 1

Accusations:
Renata: MooseWarrior
LightFang: Tasslehoff

Total:
MooseWarrior: 1
Tasslehoff: 1

Night falls in roughly 26 hours

Well MooseWarrior, you have had time and still no response. You could help us out greatly by letting us borrow some of you weapons and if not, at least some of your thoughts and you horde those as well. While I do not believe that a dea mute such as yourself is in any condition to kill anybody, your silence in this matter is only being a burden to those who wish to live.
I wish you luck in the afterlife...

"Why so quick to accuse Renata? I was still in shock after the carvan was so brutally attacked twice! And you Tasslehoff, if I killed with these weapons, how could I ever sell them at full price?
I'm a deaf mute am I Sepuku? I was originally going to vote for the bow to go to me. I was looking to make a profit, but I guess since your all set on killing me, Sepuku can have the bow, he'll need it."

Top Bottom