missing dog found beheaded :(

And how do you know we know anything, anything at all, about that absolute morality?

Are you trying to be Socratic or antagonistic?

Is not 'absolute morality' a morality in itself? And therefore something idealistic?
All idealism is covertly dependant on some other need though, and it just has been, to some degree, artificially detached from it. For example a person who feels weak- for whatever reason; i do not mean that he is realistically weak- may feel the urge to form the belief that being moral (ie not being hostile against him) should be seen as inherently right, whereas it is just one more state of mind. Besides, it is argued that no person sustains uncheched egotism after some early years of life (under normal circumstances) due to pressure from others.

Are you trying to be Socratic or antagonistic?

I'm not trying to be anything. I simply find it to be a bad argument when someone states they believe an absolute morality exists and that they act upon it, when in fact no reliable proof to said absolute morality's existence exists.

Terrorist threat lets invade another muslim country. On a serious note that is the sickest thing i have ever heard of.

Have you seen Fatal Attraction? Killing a person's pet and then showing off its dead body can certainly be interpreted as a death threat.

The Godfather maybe?

Maybe authorities were so disgusted that they wanted any excuse to help the girl, so they used some "terroristic" loophole.

That a funny definition of "sick". I bet you haven't heard about humans found beheaded. :rolleyes:

Depends how innocent and defenseless the humans in question are, not to say beheaded humans isn't sick.

And how do you know we know anything, anything at all, about that absolute morality?

I believe in God as the personification of the absolute good. Why I believe in him is for another thread, but that is the source for my belief in absolute morality.

I don't know about this being the sickest thing I've ever heard. On a scale of Green to Red with Red being the sickest thing I've ever seen, a girl being given her dogs head in a box as a birthday present ranks green for me, possible a hint of yellow.

I don't know about this being the sickest thing I've ever heard. On a scale of Green to Red with Red being the sickest thing I've ever seen, a girl being given her dogs head in a box as a birthday present ranks green for me, possible a hint of yellow.

Even if it was this dogs head?

She probably did something to deserve it. Though dragging the dog into it is terrible.

Top Bottom