• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Mobile Civ: Civ4 - War of Two Cities

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Oasys Mobile has sent us some information about their new mobile game titled "Sid Meier's Civilization IV: War of Two Cities" for mobile phones. The game is already available on T-Mobile and will be available on other carriers in the next month or two.

War of Two Cities takes classic aspects of the series and pulls them into this new adventure. You can choose from several societies such as the Romans or Japanese, each with there own advantages. Once chosen, you can play through stages building up the technology of your civilization as you move to take over one city after the next. These technologies will allow you to augment your skills to best suit your style of play and strategies.

Utilizing your main city as a staging ground you can unleash infantry, ranged units, and mobile units onto the battle field to acquire new resources as well as break through your enemy’s defenses and armies. In conjunction with artillery fire from your city, your armies can fight their way to victory by expanding your boarders and eventually conquering the neighboring city.

Varying difficulty levels allow you to ramp up the challenge as your tactics improve. Different civilizations and hundreds of possible tech combinations allow for infinite replayability. This fresh new twist on Civilization will help introduce the franchise to a whole new realm of mobile players while tantalizing the classic Civilization fans as well.
Check out the information page for availability info, screenshots and an animation.

PS: Apolyton is going to do a podcast with developers of this game and you can submit questions at this thread.

I love CivIV. Love BtS. Love the Civ Franchise.

This version is just silly.... cheapens the whole thinking persons game into an arcade game.

NOT for me...

OMG It's amazing!! This is will change the modern world as we know it! It will end all poverty, war, famine and cure all disease! Yes!

Not to be critical, but ... was this even worth posting?

Not to be critical, but ... was this even worth posting?

CFC is all things Civ. I think definitely yes, it's worth it.

I'm a t-mobile customer but I don't see this game anywhere on their site, nor can I find it anywhere on the Internet. what gives folks... ok, not that I was actually planning to buy it, but I was curious.

CFC is all things Civ. I think definitely yes, it's worth it.
Yes, I suppose you're right. I didn't even see that they had licensed the name 'Sid Meier's Civ IV" I thought it was just some anonymous knockoff.

I should give them the benefit of the doubt I suppose, maybe it's more than it appears to be.

The multiple spelling mistakes in their press release don't really bode well for the game's quality.

I dont know why they didint ported it to Windows Mobile (CE) and other Handheld PDA OSes (including Smartphones).

I play game like this where you are lil space worms and control some the cannons lined up front to back. You estimate the height and distance and let go hoping not to hit the cavern roof or the cannon ball will bounce back and blow a hole into your ground
You must blow up holes in the ground and make the other worms cannon fall down the hole. Good fun cuz craters always change the aim of you shot!

THis is the same game but with civs instead of worms :) New feature (always a new feature added to justify a rip off ;) ) is that beatles/soldiers can charge the cannons/citys
I like this new faute it add some depth

Oh well, I'll just play Civ1Dos through PocketDOSbox on my PocketPC ;).

Hey guys, I think, you will be glad to see a real game "in the best traditions of Civilization". You're welcome :) I proudly represent you Revival, a turn-based military strategy game:

http://smart.herocraft.com/revival.

Let me write about some game features. Here they are:

- Realistic strategic gameplay – turn-based tactics, resource quarrying, founding towns, upgrading buildings, land and sea battles, and even the units will gather experience!
- Modern economical model: you can buy and sell everything
- Immense game space: 7 planets, 27 continents
- The scenario campaign consists of 13 missions which will take not less than 40 hours to complete
- Very detailed tutorial with an amusing and humorous mentor
- Excellent artificial intelligence, adjustable difficulty levels and even allows you to battle against 7 simultaneous non-player opponents

So you can just try it, Revival worth it, believe me :)

BTW, I proudly inform you that we are going to release Revival 2, you can take a look at the screentshot - see attached (Java version).

We also have Revival version for J2ME phones:
http://www.herocraft.com/en/games/detail.php?ID=1686

Attachments

• scr8.png
    scr8.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 149
I just got it on my phone yesterday, it’s... FUN!

It is not your typical Civ game, it plays different, its real time and it’s a side-scroller. Its like of like inverted tug of war with borders, and you have to reach the other player's base. You keep making 3 kinds of troops, melee, projectile and mobile; also there is an artillery cannon you shoot from your base. As you advance in the game, you are given 1 of 3 new techs to choose from that give you special abilities.

I could imagine this would have been an awesome SNES game, it’s definitely not your typical Civ game, don't expect the turn-based strategy game we all know and love. But I can really appreciate it for what it is, a good way to kill 10 mins every now and then.

I give it a 4 out of 5

Top Bottom