[MOD] Age of Discovery II

I haven't searched the whole thread yet but before I do I'll ask here. For some reason when I send a Jesuit Missionary to a settlement it gives me the option to establish a mission but my chances read as 0% success rate, and, sure enough, It fails. I had earlier established 4 missions, 3 with the Souix, and one with the aztecs. I then went to war with the souix, and destroyed 5 of there settlements, 3 of which had my initial missions. When the war ended I found I could no longer establish missions. Has there been any changes regarding missionaries and destroying native settlements in this mod? I can no longer use jesuit missionaries on any tribes.

In terms of the yield shortage wierdness, I had just put the formula in wrong. I didn't subtract existing yield in the colony (hence why cost seemed so high as it calculated on the whole yield needed).

As for the whole Vista crash thing, I was never able to reproduce it on either Vista or Windows 7 (I have both systems at home). AoD2 was fully developed on Vista Home Premium 64-bit. So all I can say is "unknown". :(

OK, I ran into a bit of a brick wall with v1.12 on my vista machine and I don't see any negative food situations...

Here is the situ:
Portugal, 1651, Large world quick speed [the wife gets mad at huge and marathon].
At war with england (1 city now) and russia (5 cities)
many islands and island cities. I have 4 island cities (only room for one town) 9 other cities on 3 continents. Recently built another island town (4th) and after 1651 end turn selected, immediate CTD with normal windows vista error routing but no resolutions. Anything I can provide for further details?

have tried autosave load and replay, i don't buy buildings or ships or anything, just CTD everytime on 1651 end of turn.:confused:

OK, I ran into a bit of a brick wall with v1.12 on my vista machine and I don't see any negative food situations...

Here is the situ:
Portugal, 1651, Large world quick speed [the wife gets mad at huge and marathon].
At war with england (1 city now) and russia (5 cities)
many islands and island cities. I have 4 island cities (only room for one town) 9 other cities on 3 continents. Recently built another island town (4th) and after 1651 end turn selected, immediate CTD with normal windows vista error routing but no resolutions. Anything I can provide for further details?

have tried autosave load and replay, i don't buy buildings or ships or anything, just CTD everytime on 1651 end of turn.:confused:

Oh, and i'm running age of further discovery... so I'll put this there too. :)

Very nice.... but educating colonists or natives does not work in multiplayer-> hotseat :(:(:( this way the french are useless to play effectively. big bummer.

Education does not work

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very nice.... but educating colonists or natives does not work in multiplayer-> hotseat this way the french are useless to play effectively. big bummer.

Well I disagree there,the French do get that Hardy Pioneer and a quicker conversion rate amounts to a quick city build squad of converts (free people are free people)to ready a city till the pros get there.
Having complained of the loss of education we still play almost every weekend this mod is still the finest.

I have noticed the same loss of missions building also and haven't been able to figure what triggers it.

I've searched but can't find anything so....can someone tell me what I need to alter in Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml to activate the pirates, please? thanks!

I cannot download v1.12? The download page give me an error message... any helpful suggestions? Thanks!

Hi Dale,

There are still desync issues in LAN multiplayer games with version 1.12
Are you still trying to fix them ?

Regards.

Yes, this game saved my purchase ... without it, the whole thing sucks ... however, the AIs are very, very strong ... I will try editing their boost ... but also the Indians are just too strong and multiply too fast. In reality they were weak after 20 to 30 years of European contact and would sell their brothers for slaves to any consumer goods ... is there a way to have Indians decrease in power after contact?

Yes, this game saved my purchase ... without it, the whole thing sucks ... however, the AIs are very, very strong ... I will try editing their boost ... but also the Indians are just too strong and multiply too fast. In reality they were weak after 20 to 30 years of European contact and would sell their brothers for slaves to any consumer goods ... is there a way to have Indians decrease in power after contact?

Hi Andy,

Maybe you should first try playing on a easier difficulty level, but you could also edit the "CIV4HandicapInfo.xml" file of the "Assets\XML\GameInfo" folder...

Aymerick

Of all the Mods, I like this one best ... though in the 1.08 build it is very good ... I do like the 1.12 build in terms of building progressions ... but ... in the end the Indians are still too strong and the King is neigh on to unbeatable ... How can I modify the game so that the Indians get weaker and weaker as time goes on ... to the point that they are only a trifle by 1700 ... also the King's army is just too powerful and should be absolutely tied to Port Cities and then with deteriorating effectiveness ... is there some table I can modify or something easy so that the game becomes A) winnable and
B) more realistic?

How can I modify the game so that the Indians get weaker and weaker as time goes on ... to the point that they are only a trifle by 1700

You may want to try playing around with the "NATIVE_GROWTH_THRESHOLD_MULTIPLIER" value in the "GlobalDefines.xml". I'm not sure if they can get weaker but this way you can limit there growth...

also the King's army is just too powerful and should be absolutely tied to Port Cities and then with deteriorating effectiveness

These values in the "GlobalDefines.xml" can limit the size of the King's army:
  • REVOLUTION_EUROPE_UNIT_THRESHOLD_INCREASE
  • REVOLUTION_EUROPE_UNIT_THRESHOLD
Or you could lower the strength of the King's unit. Look for the "power" tag in the "CIV4UnitInfos.xml" of these units:
  • UNIT_ARTILLERY
  • UNIT_REGULAR
  • UNIT_MAN_O_WAR
As for those being tied to port cities, you could try giving some values to the following tags in the same file:
  • TerrainAttacks
  • TerrainDefenses
  • FeatureAttacks
  • FeatureDefenses
This is probably as easy as possible...

Aymerick

Western Hemisphere, remade from version 11 to work in the new v. 12 without playable Pirates.

Leaders are declared in WBsave file.
Is there any way to define a civ but give a player choice of available leaders? I remember, I tried this, but scenario did not work for some reason.

Attachments

• West_Hemi_Huge_v03.zip
    39.4 KB · Views: 145
You may want to try playing around with the "NATIVE_GROWTH_THRESHOLD_MULTIPLIER" value in the "GlobalDefines.xml". I'm not sure if they can get weaker but this way you can limit there growth...

Or you could lower the strength of the King's unit. Look for the "power" tag in the "CIV4UnitInfos.xml" of these units:
  • UNIT_ARTILLERY
  • UNIT_REGULAR
  • UNIT_MAN_O_WAR
As for those being tied to port cities, you could try giving some values to the following tags in the same file:
  • TerrainAttacks
  • TerrainDefenses
  • FeatureAttacks
  • FeatureDefenses

Aymerick

Sorry to be such an idiot, but I opened the file using notepad and don't see how to modify it ...

• UNIT_ARTILLERY
  • UNIT_REGULAR
  • UNIT_MAN_O_WAR
  • TerrainAttacks
  • TerrainDefenses
  • FeatureAttacks
  • FeatureDefenses

Aymerick

Even easier...... open Civ4HandicapInfos.xml and modify one single tag: iREFStrength

This tag defines what percentage to multiply the default strength value. So play pilgrim and King's units are 50% strong as default. Conquistador is 100% default strength. Revolutionary is 150% strength.

You can also alter iKingUnitIncreaseCap to reduce the number of units the REF increases by each time.

Top Bottom