• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[MOD] Fall from Heaven

Methos said:
I assume this implies the next patch will be out soon, very soon. You're original release date and the sudden change in status makes me curious as to who you work for. :D

Hopefully the modded fantasy civs will be updated to work with .95. One of the reasons I've been waiting. I didn't want to play this mod without the fantasy civs too. What's the point? ;)

Yeap, if you download 0.95 right now you will have Haarbals fantasy civ's. And you are right, the fantasy civ's do make a big difference!

I don't work for Firaxis, Take2 or anyone in the know. Im just a modder, don't use anything I say as an indication of when the next patch will come out, I really have no idea.

Kael said:
Yeap, if you download 0.95 right now you will have Haarbals fantasy civ's. And you are right, the fantasy civ's do make a big difference!

It just finished! I'm glad the fantasy civs have been added, thanks! :)

I don't work for Firaxis, Take2 or anyone in the know. Im just a modder, don't use anything I say as an indication of when the next patch will come out, I really have no idea.

My apologies for my assumption.

Off to check out the mod.

Kael,
I got an pretty major error in .90. Maybe it's fixed in .95? Unfortunatly I can't repeate it because it also corrupted my saved games.

These are the events that led to the error:
I had a bunch of diseased units and I was trying to figure out how to cure them. It didn't seem to work inside a city so I moved my high priest who was diseased to a near by tile and cast cure disease. It didn't seem to do anything, but I ended my turn and the high priest was attacked and killed. After that I got a pointer reference not found error, or something to that effect. It crashed the game and also seems to have corrupted all of my saved games in .90.

My guess as to what happend was the cure disease spell was triggered to take place during my turn on my high priest unit but the unit was no longer there so I got the error.

Fr8Train said:
Kael,
I got an pretty major error in .90. Maybe it's fixed in .95? Unfortunatly I can't repeate it because it also corrupted my saved games.

These are the events that led to the error:
I had a bunch of diseased units and I was trying to figure out how to cure them. It didn't seem to work inside a city so I moved my high priest who was diseased to a near by tile and cast cure disease. It didn't seem to do anything, but I ended my turn and the high priest was attacked and killed. After that I got a pointer reference not found error, or something to that effect. It crashed the game and also seems to have corrupted all of my saved games in .90.

My guess as to what happend was the cure disease spell was triggered to take place during my turn on my high priest unit but the unit was no longer there so I got the error.

Yeah, its fixed in .95. What happened was I had spell effects in the 0.90 beta. So when you cast a spell you would see a visual effect. They weren't working well so right before 0.90 shipped I took them out. Well.... I thought I took them out. I missed one, on Cure Disease.

So when you went to try to cast Cure Disease it tried to create the ffect and failed. If you had debug on you would have seen an error. It was supposed to create a new event and then at the end of the turn it was supposed to come and clean it it. It failed to create and the cleanup routine is probably where your game died.

But its all fixed in 0.95, and thanks to Talchas 0.95 even includes working spell effects. Sorry about the error.

Got a few more errors to report/confirm.

I can verify the tech tree and religion bugs already posted.

Also, I can accross a city with a size of 0. Upon gaining control of the city through my awesome culture :D, I found that it had no growth rate either. Not sure how that happened.

Not quite a bug, but was the fellowship of leaves spread rate lowered in this version? Also the Veil seamed to spread way too fast
There's a good chance its just my paticular game, but I might be wrong.

I got delayed, but nice work on this new version. I especially enjoy the new music, and I love the new fireball death. I was, in fact, getting sick of the rennaisance era music and was contemplating turning it off. Good thing I didn't or I would never have noticed. Is it religion themed as I suspect? I've only had time to test out part of a Veil game so far. The patch fixes the issues for me as well.

I think I did find one bug though, disease causing units aren't spreading disease. At least, i've not seen it happen so far, and I'm playing Ashen Veil. Not even Typhoid Mary is spreading any. Also, my current game crashes one turn after my current save, both before and after the patch. I'm trying different actions during that turn to see if I can find a way to prevent it or find what is causing it.

I just downloaded 095 however the installer is broken or corrupt... is anyone else having that problem? I am downloading again just to be sure.

Would it be possible to change Giants (and other huge units) so that they are visible from 2 squares away on flat land, sort of a reversed visibility upgrade. Having made barbarians for more populous I am running into real problems in the early game with giants wiping out my warriors when I unkowingly move into the square beside them.

Captured animals are able to enter anyones territory
(yea, I cheat and gave everyone a ranger at the start =p)

Hi Kael, thanks for the quick fix patch! I had the Religion Screen error too, and the patch fixed it, no more problems!

Great service, as usual from you! :goodjob:

CXDamian said:
Captured animals are able to enter anyones territory
(yea, I cheat and gave everyone a ranger at the start =p)

as far as I know that's intended..

ok on random created map *using a random map generator i downlaoded along time ago* it created a world with one long stretch of land encircling the globe very odd looking and my scout just walked around the world and got the encircled the globe effect for +1 ship movement though i have no ships jsut built my first port city and havent yet discovered sailing hmmmmm LOL just thought it was funny

ChaoticWanderer said:
ok on random created map *using a random map generator i downlaoded along time ago* it created a world with one long stretch of land encircling the globe very odd looking and my scout just walked around the world and got the encircled the globe effect for +1 ship movement though i have no ships jsut built my first port city and havent yet discovered sailing hmmmmm LOL just thought it was funny

o...k...

But however, Id like to know more bout the version 1.0. Is it out there already? And what modifications have done? And btw id like to say something bout the 0.9... :thanx:

another thing why dont barbarian tribes attack each other? it seems odd to have barbarians with cities and different tribes but they dont attack each other

Pegasos said:
o...k...

But however, Id like to know more bout the version 1.0. Is it out there already? And what modifications have done? And btw id like to say something bout the 0.9... :thanx:

1.0 is not out. 0.95 was released yesterday and you can get it and all of the information about it in the first post in this thread.

Maarak said:
Got a few more errors to report/confirm.

I can verify the tech tree and religion bugs already posted.

Also, I can accross a city with a size of 0. Upon gaining control of the city through my awesome culture :D, I found that it had no growth rate either. Not sure how that happened.

Not quite a bug, but was the fellowship of leaves spread rate lowered in this version? Also the Veil seamed to spread way too fast
There's a good chance its just my paticular game, but I might be wrong.

There is a patch in the first post that fixes the religious screen and tech screen issues.

Lunargent said:
I got delayed, but nice work on this new version. I especially enjoy the new music, and I love the new fireball death. I was, in fact, getting sick of the rennaisance era music and was contemplating turning it off. Good thing I didn't or I would never have noticed. Is it religion themed as I suspect? I've only had time to test out part of a Veil game so far. The patch fixes the issues for me as well.

I think I did find one bug though, disease causing units aren't spreading disease. At least, i've not seen it happen so far, and I'm playing Ashen Veil. Not even Typhoid Mary is spreading any. Also, my current game crashes one turn after my current save, both before and after the patch. I'm trying different actions during that turn to see if I can find a way to prevent it or find what is causing it.

Disease is spreading fine for me. Keep in mind that disease spread is random so it doesn't have to occur.

And yes, each religion has its own soundtrack.

I also have gotten the same issue with a size 0 city i recently captured in my current game. Does the patch you mention fix this? thanks by the way for the hard work! :goodjob:

Im doing so well in my current game i dont want to start over once i download the patch if this is indeed a bug. Because the city wont grow at all and it is a nuisance. :(

I think theres a bug with guardian of nature. I'm using guardian of nature and one of my cities was created by 3 forest and 7 jungle giving me +10 happy for natural parks.

I've started clearing some jungle and after it disappears I still get the +1 happy bonus for it. If I plant new forests I don't get the happy bonus. I tried changing terrain with the world builder and that didnt affect happiness either.

I also have a new city I built after switching civics and it had 4 natural forests in radius it (2 in initial city radius) - didnt receive any happy bonuses.

I conquered a city with 4 forest squares and I don't receive the bonus either after the revolts die down.

It seems to me that the bonus is only being calculated when you change to guardian of nature civic.

This happened to me in .9 before but I had only noticed the lack on creating forests at the time.

Top Bottom