• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[MOD] Fall from Heaven

Kael said:
I think Naf4ever figured it out. You don't get it if you regen the map. Im not sure what the regen process does, I will have to check it out.

Just some things I noticed with the regenerate map option, you probably know most of it, anyway:

- it only regenerates the map, so for example the AI players are not changed. Actually I noticed with vanilla civ that if you meat an AI player in the first round and then regenerate the map, the contact remains... so a civ bug actually.

- I also regenerated the map in my last game, maybe this is related to that my first goody huts all gave the same bonus (money in my case)...

Hi

Animals and how I get them!

1. You must research animal husbandry first.

2. Build one more scout so you now have two.

3. Be very careful with scouts, just a bit of light scouting around capital in good defensive terrain hills and forest’s, so if you do get attacked you should hopefully survive.

4. You will need at least one promotion, then after animal husbandry is researched on your next promotion you can select the capture animal skill or whatever it's called. You can save your promotions by the way and wait for animal husbandry.

5. Go fight animal, but don't DIE! Animal captured.

I can usually get around five or six before they run out. Use them sparingly, they are great in your front line cites when you need to expand your boarders quickly...

Personally I think they are too powerful in this version and does the AI use them?

Have fun

Hully

If you save your first promotion and wait for animal husbandry, subdue animal promotion can be chosen with your first promotion.

Hully having fun.

V. Soma said:
Why is it good for me to make the Apocalypse wonder? :)

Usually it isn't but there are some scenarios where it might be good. For example when others have much more to lose than you...

V. Soma said:
Why is it good for me to make the Apocalypse wonder? :)

Someone had mentioned that it works really well after building Blood of the Phoenix, that way all of your units are ressurected and the opponents lose theirs.

Not sure if someone has mentioned this before, or whether it's fixable, but my friend and I noticed two bugs related to magic spells, one rather serious. The last game we played (version 0.95, patch 3) was set up as 2 vs 2 vs 2, with us comprising one team and AI players as the other two teams. Whenever he summoned a fire elemental, fireball, etc., my cursor would be jerked over to his new creature, abandoning whatever was selected before. Worse, whenever I would summon something and it would lose a fight, he experienced a crash to the desktop. He did not experience the same cursor problem as I did, however.

Since most of the point of this mod is the spells, this kind of kills things for people who like to play co-op with their friends.

Also, what's with the insane barbarians? We mopped up the other two AI teams in a military conquest, mostly because the barbarians had completely demolished one team, and severely hamstrung another. I think the barbarians ended up caputring like 7 cities from AI players. Luckily, our team had spare military units at the right time to deal with the barbarians, but it was almost like fighting against a full-fledged empire. I made sure I hadn't accidentally checked "raging barbarians", and I hadn't.

Nadin Bytefelt said:
here is me save game befor crash.have nothing to do whit wonders, bulding.

This is being caused by a barbarian unit with the Immortal promotion. When he dies he has no capital to go to and BOOM.

I'll fix and get a patch out for it. Thanks for the Save game!

Okay, FfH095e.exe is up and available for download.

As much as I love the addition of the fantasy civs to the mod, I find myself agreeing with Kael about the halflings. I want them out.

Any easy way of doing this or am I going to have to learn Python?

Maarak said:
As much as I love the addition of the fantasy civs to the mod, I find myself agreeing with Kael about the halflings. I want them out.

Any easy way of doing this or am I going to have to learn Python?

XML is all you need to cut out the halflings. I think you will need to remove them from the civilizations file, the leaderheads file and the diplomacy file.

Thanks Kael, they've been eliminated from my game. Could you provide a list of the intended Civs for Phase 2, even if your list is incomplete? I want to try my hand at some light modding now that I've had one success.

Maarak said:
Thanks Kael, they've been eliminated from my game. Could you provide a list of the intended Civs for Phase 2, even if your list is incomplete? I want to try my hand at some light modding now that I've had one success.

Here you go:

The Good

Bannor
Alignment: Good (Law)
Race: Human
Enemies: Doviello, Clan of Embers
Leader:
[tab]Sabathiel (Organized, Magic Resistant)
[tab]Capria (Organized, Industrious)
UU:
Starting Techs:

Malakim
Alignment: Good (Sun)
Enemies: Svartalfar
Leader:
[tab]Varn Gosam (Creative, Financial)
UU: Hastucar (Adept with Sun I, bonus move in deserts)
Starting Techs:
Special: +1 Food from desert tiles, Allowed 6 Camel archers and no Shadow or Saboteurs

Elohim
Alignment: Good (Spirit)
Enemies: Calabim
Leader:
[tab]Ethne the White (Creative, Spiritual)
[tab]Einion Logos (Spiritual, Philosophical)
UU:
Starting Techs:

Mercurians
Alignment: Good (Life)
Enemies: Sidar, Infernal
Leader:
[tab]Basium (Aggressive, Raider)
UU:
Starting Techs:

Luchuirp
Alignment: Good
Race: Dwarf
Enemies: Sheaim, Balseraphs
Leader:
[tab]Garrim Gyr (Arcane, Dwarven)
[tab]Beeri Bawl (Spiritual, Dwarven)
UU: Stone Golem
Starting Techs:

Kuriotates
Alignment: Good (Creation)
Enemies: Infernal, Calabim
Leader:
[tab]Carcarth Lorda (the boy king) (Creative, Philosophical)
UU:
Starting Techs:

The Neutral

Ljosalfar
Alignment: Neutral (Nature)
Race: Elf
Enemies: Svartalfar, Illians
Leader:
[tab]Amelanchier (Elven, Expansive)
[tab]Arendel Phaedra (Elven, Spirtual)
[tab]Thessa (Elven, Arcane)
UU: Elven Rider, Elven Ranger, Elven Hunter, Elven Longbowman, Elven Marksman, Elven Worker (can't remove forests of jungle, can build improvements on top of forests and jungles)
Starting Techs: Elven Studies, Tracking, (bonus from forests)

Khazad
Alignment: Neutral (Earth)
Race: Dwarf
Enemies: ?Horsemen
Leader:
[tab]Arturus Thorne (Dwarven, Industrious)
[tab]Kandros Fir (Dwarven, Financial)
UU: Dwarven Hammerfist, Dwarven Crossbowman
Starting Techs: Dwarven Studies, Mining

Sidar
Alignment: Neutral (Death)
Race: Human (sorta)
Enemies: Calabim, Mercurians
Leader:
[tab]Morgoth (Hidden, Industrious)
UU: Rathas Denmora (H), The Hidden
Starting Techs:

Lanun
Alignment: Neutral (Water)
Race: Human Pirates
Enemies: Clan of Embers
Leader:
[tab]Falamar (Expansive, Seafaring)
[tab]Hannah the Irin (Seafaring, Financial)
UU: Pirate
Starting Techs: (bonus from sea)

Grigori
Alignment: Neutral (Force)
Enemies: Sheaim
Leader:
[tab]Cassiel (Industrious, Philosophical, Agnostic)
UU: Branding (H)
Starting Techs:

Hippus
Alignment: Neutral (Air)
Race: Human Horsemen
Enemies: Khazad
Leader:
[tab]? (Raiders, Horsemen)
[tab]Rhoanna (Horseman, Financial)
UU:
Starting Techs: (when they are an AI civ they can be hired as mercenaries?)
Special: Allowed 6 Knights and 6 War Chariots, Not allowed any Arquebus or Shield Walls

Amurites
Alignment: Neutral (Metamagic)
Enemies: None
Leader:
[tab]Valledia the Even (Blood of the Amurites, Organized)
[tab]Dain Casswallawn (Blood of the Amurites, Magic Resistant)
UU:
Starting Techs:

The Evil

Doviello
Alignment: Evil (Chaos)
Race: Human Beastmen
Enemies: Bannor
Leader:
[tab]Charadon (Aggressive, Barbarian)
[tab]? (Industrious, Raider)
UU: Shaman, Beastman
Starting Techs: (bonus from Tundra, no cities?)

Balseraphs
Alignment: Evil (Mind)
Race: Human Carnival
Enemies: Luchuirp
Leader:
[tab]Perpentach (Gypsy, Creative)
UU: Traveling Carnival (travels in Rival territory, leeches money from enemy cities, increases happiness, can convert units)
Starting Techs:

Clan of Embers
Alignment: Evil (Fire)
Race: Orc
Enemies: Bannor, ?Pirates
Leader:
[tab]Jonas Endain (Orcish, Barbarian, Scorched Earth)
[tab]Sheelba (Orcish, Magic Resistant, Scorched Earth)
UU: Rantine (H), Orc Warrior, Orc Berserker
Starting Techs:

Svartalfar
Alignment: Evil (Shadow)
Race: Dark Elf
Enemies: Malakim, Ljosalfar
Leader:
[tab]Faeryl Viconia (Hidden, Dark Elven)
UU: Dark Elf Assassin
Starting Techs:

Calabim, the Order of Blood
Alignment: Evil (Body)
Race: Human, Vampire Aristocracy
Enemies: Elohim, Kuriotates, Sidar
Leader:
[tab]Alexis (Aggressive, Philosophical)
[tab]Flauros (Expansive, Organized)
UU: Vampire
Starting Techs:

Sheaim
Alignment: Evil (Dimensional)
Enemies: Luchuirp, Grigori
Leader:
[tab]Tebryn Arbandi (Summoners, Arcane)
[tab]Os-Gabella (Summoners, Spiritual)
UU: Abashi (Black Dragon, H)
Starting Techs:

Infernal (minor Civ)
Alignment: Evil (Entropy)
Race: Demon
Enemies: Mercurians, Kuriptates
Leader:
[tab]Hyborem (Aggresive, Expansive, Scorched Earth)
UU:
Starting Techs:

Illians (minor Civ)
Alignment: Evil (Winter)
Enemies: Svartalfar
Leader:
[tab]Auric Ulvin (Agnostic, Magic Resistant, Philosophical)
UU:
Starting Techs:

This mod is really good, i've spent so many hours on my sleeping time just to pay this game.
Just a tought, is it possible on version 1.0 to add a hero for every leader which represent the leader himself ? Like the shogun unit in civ 3 on sengoku scenario. I think it'll be fun to play an orc leader with an orc hero

wisnu_suryo said:
This mod is really good, i've spent so many hours on my sleeping time just to pay this game.
Just a tought, is it possible on version 1.0 to add a hero for every leader which represent the leader himself ? Like the shogun unit in civ 3 on sengoku scenario. I think it'll be fun to play an orc leader with an orc hero

There will be a heros for each of the civ's in Phase 2 but 1.0 is feature locked. It will be exactly like 0.95 except for the features listed on the first page of this thread, a few balance changes and C.Roland managed to sneak in a Carnival tent building.

I'm seeing the same crash as arthurtuxedo, in a slightly different way. Whenever my friend summons a fire elemental/etc, my cursor jumps from my current selection to the location of the summoned creature, then I crash to desktop. When I summmon a fire elemental, I'm fine, and my friend doesn't crash.

Anything I can do to help debug? Love the mod, just a bit limited on spell use by this issue.

Rourk said:
I'm seeing the same crash as arthurtuxedo, in a slightly different way. Whenever my friend summons a fire elemental/etc, my cursor jumps from my current selection to the location of the summoned creature, then I crash to desktop. When I summmon a fire elemental, I'm fine, and my friend doesn't crash.

Anything I can do to help debug? Love the mod, just a bit limited on spell use by this issue.

Yeah, the code actually reads to move the selection to the unit if the player "is human". Which works great in single player games but isnt so nice in multiplayer. Let me see if I can change it into something a little more multi-player friendly.

Hello!

Fantastic work, I really want to congradulate you on making the best Civ 4 mod.:goodjob:

However, I tried loading the mod on a different computer, and when the mod was loading, I got a
Civ 4 loader said:
Failed to load python module CvEventInterface
error. This hasn't happened before the 0.9 and 0.95 release, and doesn't occur when I load any other mod or Civ 4 vanilla.

I was wondering if anybody else got this error, and how to fix it.
I was really disappointed to not be able to play the new release.:(

Thanks in advance!

lord_eru said:
Hello!

Fantastic work, I really want to congradulate you on making the best Civ 4 mod.:goodjob:

However, I tried loading the mod on a different computer, and when the mod was loading, I got a error. This hasn't happened before the 0.9 and 0.95 release, and doesn't occur when I load any other mod or Civ 4 vanilla.

I was wondering if anybody else got this error, and how to fix it.
I was really disappointed to not be able to play the new release.:(

Thanks in advance!

This means you have have some conflicting files in your CustomAssets folder. Rename your CustomAssets folder to CustomAssets.old and you should be all set.

Okay. Can someone who have noticed the out of sync problem when casting try this in a multiplayer game. It should disable the camera focus on the new spell in multiplayer games.

http://www.civfanatics.net/~kael/files/FfH095e.exe

Please let me know what you find out. I have no way to test this.

Top Bottom