• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[MOD] Fall from Heaven

Kael said:
Okay. Can someone who have noticed the out of sync problem when casting try this in a multiplayer game. It should disable the camera focus on the new spell in multiplayer games.

http://www.civfanatics.net/~kael/files/FfH095e.exe

Please let me know what you find out. I have no way to test this.

The camera no longer focuses on the location of the fireball, but I still end up with my friend's fireball automatically selected. So far, it hasn't been an instant crash when the fireball is created, but I did crash later in the turn when hitting enter to select the next active unit.

Testing again in the next turn, same thing with the selection, but no camera focus shift. I didn't use enter to change unit selection to the next unit, and didn't get any crashes.

It's definitely playable now! Thank you very much.

Edit: Seeing some Out Of Synch warnings come up every few turns, which request that one of the players disconnect and reconnect. Doing so restores everything and you can continue to play.

Edit 2: Still seeing some crashes - if the other player is in a city view when I cast a spell, that player's selection changes to the summoned unit, and he crashes. Also, the crash when using enter to switch to the next active unit (after selection has been forced onto the other player's summoned unit) appears to be repeatable.

Once more I have to say WOW
Great mod, great patch support (kind of makes me happy that 1.0 didn't make it so far ;) )

I have a question/ request though:
Would it be possible for the installer to read the registry-entry of where the game is installed? I have a non-english windows and tend to install in "weird" folder-structures thus making the install of patches quite tedious.
Well, just a cosmetic change and no biggie but perhaps it can be done easily :D

Btw. keep up the great work. :goodjob: :p

Hmmm have just come across some really stuffed barbarians, playing on a terra map where the barbarians have taken over the 2nd continent with about 12 cities, however none of them built any culture gaining buildings so they haven't even got the 1st border expansion, this has severely damaged their ability to expand.

I have noticed this on all maps I have played, but generaly its less than 1/3rd of cities that don't build culture.

Also is it possible to make an option for AI civs that are wiped out early in the game to respawn elsewhere on the map, say upto turn 100.

OblivionOdyssey said:
Thanks for all your answers, guys. Just one that nobody's answered yet: how does disease work?
It's some kind of "anti-promotion" a unit is granted when it (or any other unit on the same tile) gets attacked (or just defends, iirc) by certain undead/demonic units. Diseased units loose 20% health each turn.

Now it's my turn to ask some questions:

1. Many new rules, requirements, improvements etc. aren't explained in the civopedia, nor in the first few pages of this thread. Will this change...? ;)

2. What does the "plague carrier" promotion of Bloody Mary do?

3. Which single units, which unit types (elves, demons...), and which buildings require a certain religion in a city, and which even a certain state religion? Which units (and buildings?) are destroyed when you change state religion? These requirements are definitely not showing up for all units in the pedia (e.g. I couldn't build Eidolon with Runes of Kilmorph). I would be most grateful if someone could provide a comprehensive list...

4. National units can be rebuilt when destroyed, but World units not. Intended?

4. What does "vitalize the land" do?

5. Spellcasters can't be promoted at all. Is this a deliberate decision, or unfortunately required to enable summoning without the SDK?

6. Do Sentry Towers and Explored Temples resources provide any benefit other than sentry & tile bonus?

7. Why is the Dragon Horde wonder so incredibly expensive? If you already have gems, it's practically worse than a training yard!

8. What's the meaning of "+-<unhappy face>"?

9. Why exploded my war weariness within less than 10 turns after I declared war to 10 unhappy faces in a city of 20?

10. What's the purpose of several late wonders which don't provide anything according to the pedia?

11. When will we get v1.0 ? :D

Rourk said:
The camera no longer focuses on the location of the fireball, but I still end up with my friend's fireball automatically selected. So far, it hasn't been an instant crash when the fireball is created, but I did crash later in the turn when hitting enter to select the next active unit.

Testing again in the next turn, same thing with the selection, but no camera focus shift. I didn't use enter to change unit selection to the next unit, and didn't get any crashes.

It's definitely playable now! Thank you very much.

Edit: Seeing some Out Of Synch warnings come up every few turns, which request that one of the players disconnect and reconnect. Doing so restores everything and you can continue to play.

Edit 2: Still seeing some crashes - if the other player is in a city view when I cast a spell, that player's selection changes to the summoned unit, and he crashes. Also, the crash when using enter to switch to the next active unit (after selection has been forced onto the other player's summoned unit) appears to be repeatable.

Thatnks for the feedback. I will try to think of how to make this better and may have another test file for you if I can come up with something.

OblivionOdyssey said:
Thanks for all your answers, guys. Just one that nobody's answered yet: how does disease work?

The Diseased Corpses is the only diseased unit in the game. It is an Ashen Veil specific unit. Disease gives it a 50% chance of infecting any unit involved in combat with it (in its stack or in its opponets stack with disease). After those other units are diseased they have a 50% chance of infecting any until involved in combat with them (in their stack or their opponents stack) with diease, etc etc.

Being diseased gives the unit -30% to its strength and -10% to its heal rate. There are a lot of things that effect the heal rate but in general this is enough to cause the units to slowly use life in enemy territory, not gain or heal damage in neutral territory and slowly heal in friendly territory.

All of the priests except for the Ritualist can cast Cure Disease and remove disease from any units in their stack.

The Plague is a more powerful for of disease and will definitly kill units that aren't healed of it quickly. Typhoid Mary is the only unit that spreads the plague and even units that have it can't spread it lihe they can with disease. The plague gives units -60% to their strength and -20% to their heal rate.

ma.KaBre said:
Once more I have to say WOW
Great mod, great patch support (kind of makes me happy that 1.0 didn't make it so far ;) )

I have a question/ request though:
Would it be possible for the installer to read the registry-entry of where the game is installed? I have a non-english windows and tend to install in "weird" folder-structures thus making the install of patches quite tedious.
Well, just a cosmetic change and no biggie but perhaps it can be done easily :D

Btw. keep up the great work. :goodjob: :p

Unfortunatly I have no idea how to read the registry. If someone can tell me how to have ZiptoExe query the registry for the install path I'll defintily include it.

Ok, I'll try to answer as many of your questions as I can and if im wrong someone will correct me ;) :

1. Many new rules, requirements, improvements etc. aren't explained in the civopedia, nor in the first few pages of this thread. Will this change...? ;)

I'm guessing in in FfH version 1.0 all pedia enties will be correct and in full, until then just hover the cursor over the unit/building/wonder and that should give you an outline of the pros and cons of building the said unit/building/wonder.

Im not entirely sure but think plague is the same as disease (when she attacks a stack every unit has -60% strength when calculating battle odds and -20% heal rate) but it cant be cured and even those who are immune to disease can be plagued (or at least in my game where Meshabber and some Iron Goloms caught it, dont know if this is intentional or a bug? :confused: )

3. Which single units, which unit types (elves, demons...), and which buildings require a certain religion in a city, and which even a certain state religion? Which units (and buildings?) are destroyed when you change state religion? These requirements are definitely not showing up for all units in the pedia (e.g. I couldn't build Eidolon with Runes of Kilmorph). I would be most grateful if someone could provide a comprehensive list...

Think I'll leave the comprehensive list to Kael for fear of mistakes but to my knowledge pedia, while having some missing entries, is pretty good, one way to find out is to play as different religions every time or change religions during a game while saving frequently incase you dont like the changes ;) .

Yes I think that is intended, the world units are one off characters in the FfH world and as such can only be built once (my fave being Baron Duin Halfmorn :D ) while national units are limited to 'encourage' you to diversify your army and as most are quite strong they are limited.

Vitalize the land is a spell which changes the tile that your Druid is currently on. For example, if it is an ice tile, you can vitalize the land and in a few turns it will become a tundra tile, do it again and it becomes plains, and do it for a final time and it becomes grass land.

5. Spellcasters can't be promoted at all. Is this a deliberate decision, or unfortunately required to enable summoning without the SDK?

Not sure about this question, will leave that to Kael :) .

6. Do Sentry Towers and Explored Temples resources provide any benefit other than sentry & tile bonus?

I think the Temples give a gold bonus but not 100% sure, and yes sentry towers only provide extended vision when on that tile.

7. Why is the Dragon Horde wonder so incredibly expensive? If you already have gems, it's practically worse than a training yard!

Another question for Kael but agree that it could be reduced slightly, however, even if you have Gems it gives you another 3 to trade and you can have a Training Yard and the Dragons Horde Wonder in the same city increasing the experience bonus of units created there.

Eh think it may be a mistake or that it either adds or takes away happy faces, if i caould remember which building it refers too id take a guess, however looks like another question for Kael :blush: .

9. Why exploded my war weariness within less than 10 turns after I declared war to 10 unhappy faces in a city of 20?

Dunno why this would happen, whenever I have went to war I war weariness hasnt been much of a problem, maybe your not building enough cultural and happy face giving buildings?

10. What's the purpose of several late wonders which don't provide anything according to the pedia?

To check the late wonders just hover the cursor over them and that should tell you. Heres a (very!) rough idea of them though: The Blight wonder destroys half of all food giving tile bonuses like cow and pig and makes half of all tiles go down a 'level' ie a plains tile will turn to tundra etc.

The apocalypse wonder destroys half of EVERY citys (including the civ that built it) population and half of evry unit in the world.

The Wrath wonder creates the Avatar of Wrath - basically a big scary guy who randomly spawns in the map and kills everything in sight (once again including the civ that built the wonder). I think he also converts 20% of the worlds units into barbarian units too though im not 100% certain of that.

The only other late game wonder I can remember is Glory Everlasting which I think gives all your units immortallity which means when they die the are respawned at your capital and still have their experience I think. However this only happens once.

11. When will we get v1.0 ? :D[/quote]

Kael . . . ?

Hope that is informative and I apologize in advance for any mistakes but im sure someone will correct me :goodjob:

karmina said:
It's some kind of "anti-promotion" a unit is granted when it (or any other unit on the same tile) gets attacked (or just defends, iirc) by certain undead/demonic units. Diseased units loose 20% health each turn.

Now it's my turn to ask some questions:

Unfortunatly there is no text string in the pedia for promotions that I can use to explain what each does. Let me know what features you have questions about and I will try to get it into one of the first page posts and find a place for it in the pedia.

I answered this a few posts back, it should be what you need.

Okay I just went and updated the pedia entires on the units that are blocked by code (and therefor dont show why they don't wortk in the pedia). The list is:

Eidolon- The Order and Runes of Kilmorph state religions cant build them.
Paladins- The Ashen Veil and Octopus Overlords state religions cant build them.
High Priests- The Ashen Veil state religion cant build them.
Demon Summoners- The Order state religion cant build them.

Yes. Once that hero is gone, its gone.

Upgrades the terrain, plains becomes grasslands, desert becomes plains, etc.

Required with the way spellcasting is implemented in 1.0. It will be completly rewritten in 2.0 so this isn't the case.

If you are connected to an explored temple all of your adept units start with the Combat I promotion (ie: it makes spellcasters in yoru empire more powerful).

Its intentionally overcosted, it is a dragons hoard after all, it dont come cheap.

Where are you seeing this?

Don't know, I would have to see what civis and such you has selected, it sounds like your people has a pretty high war weariness.

Which ones?

11. When will we get v1.0 ? :D

I need something else to happen before I can release 1.0. I don't know when that will occur. Its outside of my control.

Kael said:

I think it is either the dungeon or the basilica that has the " +- :mad: " thingy.

AljayBoy said:
Ok, I'll try to answer as many of your questions as I can and if im wrong someone will correct me ;) :

Im not entirely sure but think plague is the same as disease (when she attacks a stack every unit has -60% strength when calculating battle odds and -20% heal rate) but it cant be cured and even those who are immune to disease can be plagued (or at least in my game where Meshabber and some Iron Goloms caught it, dont know if this is intentional or a bug? :confused: )

Just think this bit's worth highlighting, golems getting plague doesn't sound right somehow

Thanks for the quick answers, Kael and AljayBoy!
Kael said:
Eidolon- The Order and Runes of Kilmorph state religions cant build them.
Paladins- The Ashen Veil and Octopus Overlords state religions cant build them.
High Priests- The Ashen Veil state religion cant build them.
Demon Summoners- The Order state religion cant build them.

If you are connected to an explored temple all of your adept units start with the Combat I promotion (ie: it makes spellcasters in yoru empire more powerful).
Nice info!
About the religion requirements, iirc I also couldn't build elven heroes with the Dwarven state religion. Are there other, similar restrictions? Furthermore one Dwarven hero requires The Order state religion (according to the pedia), which seems kinda strange.

The "+-:mad: " thing is a feature of both the Basilica and the Dungeon. The Dungeon additionally lowers war weariness, but the Basilica not.

I experienced the extreme war weariness without any civic that increases war weariness. /edit: monarch difficulty, standard sized lake map.

I'm also having problems with war weariness and would very much appreciate some kind of overview about how different civics (or other factors) affect war weariness.

Just as an example, in my latest game yesterday evening I declared war on a pesky neighbor with whom I'd been at war already some turns before (but at least 10+ turns, the peace treaty had already expired) and, on the very first turn, immediately after declaring war, I had a whopping -17 (!) for 'War..whats it good for..unh' :) in my capital...

It gets worse every time I have a war - is it possible that WW from previous wars doesn't get cleared properly during peace and just picks up again where the previous war left off?

Kael said:
Originally Posted by Kael

If I remember correctly asylum has +-2 unhappy faces

karmina said:
Thanks for the quick answers, Kael and AljayBoy!

Nice info!
About the religion requirements, iirc I also couldn't build elven heroes with the Dwarven state religion. Are there other, similar restrictions? Furthermore one Dwarven hero requires The Order state religion (according to the pedia), which seems kinda strange.

The "+-:mad: " thing is a feature of both the Basilica and the Dungeon. The Dungeon additionally lowers war weariness, but the Basilica not.

I experienced the extreme war weariness without any civic that increases war weariness. /edit: monarch difficulty, standard sized lake map.

Yeah, those buildings add a negative happiness. The engine just shows that in an odd way.

The heroes should have all their required religions listed, the units I listed above are the only special ones.

Maros's pedia entry explains why he is in the Order. It is a bit confusing but the difference between race and religion will become even more apparent in 2.0.

kevjm said:
Just think this bit's worth highlighting, golems getting plague doesn't sound right somehow

All of the golems and demons are immune to the plague and disease.

Kael said:
Let me know what features you have questions about and I will try to get it into one of the first page posts and find a place for it in the pedia.
Okay, imo the most important things are:
- In the 5 religion pedia entries, add a complete list of units (and buildings) which can not be built, and which are exclusively available to that state religion. Mention that these units are destroyed when you change religion!
- roughly explain how spellcasting (=summoning?) works
- explain Vitalize the Land (after all this equals terraforming, an outstanding and very powerful feature!)
- mention the religious victory
- a list of the various non-straightforward promotions and their function, such as disease, plague, weaponsmith, bless, cure... /edit: just noticed all these are sufficiently explained on the first page (some pedia info would be nice nonetheless, maybe on a separate "game concepts" or index page)
- the promotion bonus of Ancient Temples (should fit in the resource pedia entry somewhere)

Yeah, those buildings add a negative happiness.
uhm...don't you mean "negative unhappiness"? It says +-:mad: , not +-:)

Quote:
Yeah, those buildings add a negative happiness.

uhm...don't you mean "negative unhappiness"? It says +- , not +-
Negative happiness is right IMO
You get unhappy people.
Negative unhappiness would be happy people (- - = +)

Top Bottom