[MOD] Fall from Heaven

bretta said:
Any luck figuring out why there are two year 1's? Start a game and notice it's year 1, hit end turn, notice that's it is still year 1. Then, it successfully goes to year 2, etc.

Brett

Wild guessing. The games starts 1BC and BC isn't displayed and then it goes to 1AC next turn?

Great Mod - I love it!!!

I apologize - I have not read all of the posts in the forum, but I have read quite a bit and I had an idea.

Would it be possible to make forests grow like cottages? That could provide a very interesting dynamic for the game - older forests could provide additional benefits, particularly to elves. Also, the age of a forest could drive differences in the hammers gained from chopping - an ancient forest could have a lot more hammers from a chop than a sapling grove for example...

Just an idea - probably a bit late (and perhaps re-stated...)

Splaaat said:
Would it be possible to make forests grow like cottages? That could provide a very interesting dynamic for the game - older forests could provide additional benefits, particularly to elves. Also, the age of a forest could drive differences in the hammers gained from chopping - an ancient forest could have a lot more hammers from a chop than a sapling grove for example...

A concept like this is actually included in Phase 2. But the ancient forests are not there for chopping but are of great benefit to the Fellowship of the Leaves and the Elven Civilization.

Chalid said:
A concept like this is actually included in Phase 2. But the ancient forests are not there for chopping but are of great benefit to the Fellowship of the Leaves and the Elven Civilization.

EDIT - sorry - I did some more surfing and found almost this exact idea - now i feel silly - still love the mod.

Yes, I had seen some posts to that effect, but it seemed more of an active summoning-type thing. I wondered if it might be good if this had to be a long-term strategy (like cottage spamming) - a civilization could have to choose two paths - growing forests everywhere for a nature-oriented civ or developing cottages/hamelts/villages/towns for a more urban approach. Perhaps both would be viable but offer different approaches and benefits. Both would take a long time to develop as cottages or forests grew to be more impressive. Anyway, it sounds like it's generally covered in Phase 2 - fantastic job guys.

hey! can sum1 teach me how to write in python and xml???

Could you put dire animals in the mod? Scaled up animals with bone plates and horn-like growths along their backs, maybe with lancer's with spears on thier backs. That would be awsome! Dire Elephants with four tusks would be awsome. Does anybody know how to take models from games like Warcraft 3 and Battle for Middle earth?

Okay, I'm sure the answer to this question is out there somewhere in the 260+ pages of this thread, but I can't find it. So I guess I'll just ask away.

Regarding the four parts of phase 2 (Light, Fire, Shadow, Ice) - I'm a little confused regarding these. Are they four modes of play (as in you chose ONE per game), or are they all added together to create the final product (which would be my guess).

Thanks ahead for any answers I get!

They are essentially names for 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 ... so each will add on what was previously there

Trekker8 said:
Okay, I'm sure the answer to this question is out there somewhere in the 260+ pages of this thread, but I can't find it. So I guess I'll just ask away.

Regarding the four parts of phase 2 (Light, Fire, Shadow, Ice) - I'm a little confused regarding these. Are they four modes of play (as in you chose ONE per game), or are they all added together to create the final product (which would be my guess).

Thanks ahead for any answers I get!

wait... what?... where have i been? THERES FOUR PARTS TO PHASE 2??? :confused: damn man... im losin it or sumthin...

I don't have the time to read through 100+ pages of forums posts right now, but I have to ask... why do I get XML errors? I held down the Enter key for over a minute, these things pass rapid-fire but just keeping coming.

I played a very exiting game using goodsouce´s small FFH map as the orcs (?). One thing that I missed was a proper religion for my civ, I choice the "drowned"/Neptun(?) religion as it felt the most evil for my civ. But still I don’t think this is a proper religion for the orcs, I don’t get the seafaring vibe playing them, more like massive land armies.

Any plans on expanding the religious options to better correspond with different civs?

I was playing my first game of FFH and my graphics card blew a gasket when I discovered Dwarven Studies. This founded a religion. When movie started, my graphics went sketchy. This never happened to me when playing CivIV 1.52, movies there played fine.

Screen goes black. Mouse pointer remains there and is movable but it is spotchy. Can't <escape> out of it. When I minimize, the graphics problem remains (when viewing my desktop icons, etc.). Must restart comp.

Obviously I have a graphics card dilemma. My question: Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is there a way to get low res movies or turn off the movies (when founding religion or building WW)?

My card is a Radeon 9700 Pro, which ain't the best, but it deals with 1.52 CivIV just fine.

Suggestions?

BTW, truly incredible work with this mod. Hats off to you guys.

dalessi12 said:
I was playing my first game of FFH and my graphics card blew a gasket when I discovered Dwarven Studies. This founded a religion. When movie started, my graphics went sketchy. This never happened to me when playing CivIV 1.52, movies there played fine.

Screen goes black. Mouse pointer remains there and is movable but it is spotchy. Can't <escape> out of it. When I minimize, the graphics problem remains (when viewing my desktop icons, etc.). Must restart comp.

Obviously I have a graphics card dilemma. My question: Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is there a way to get low res movies or turn off the movies (when founding religion or building WW)?

My card is a Radeon 9700 Pro, which ain't the best, but it deals with 1.52 CivIV just fine.

Suggestions?

BTW, truly incredible work with this mod. Hats off to you guys.

I had the similiar problem for videoplaying in general, then it turned out I had wrong graphic drivers installed. So search for the latest driver on radeon home page. Maybe it helps

I've been playing FfH 1.0c for the last couple of days and it's been really amazing. I am dead tired however due to severe lack of sleep. And my gf is starting to give me the look ;)

Being a noob with this mod, the unit path (available in jpeg) is really usefull. However, I'm at a loss for spells and promotions path. Is there info somewhere that shows the tech path for spells and promotion? That would be really usefull. The civilopedia entry for promotions are incomplete: they do not show the tech requirements.

For instance, I've been using adepts but I only have one spell available to use and I have no idea if another tech will unlock new spells?

The hero units are quite something: they are quite powerfull. However, I feel they grow in experience too fast. Maybe tone down the experience gain would help: every 2 or 3 turns perhaps, instead of every turn?

Great mod. The quality surpasses anything I've seen. The gameplay is amazing and the atmosphere is unique, complex and refreshing. On behalf of all civ players, congrats to the dev team that has contributed their time on this project.

Um, why shouldn't units on boats defend?
I actually really like the idea. so much that I'm not bothering with 1.0c :)

I mean, in old times there weren't cannons and things. naval combat was about the fighters on the boats. boarding, firing arrows, etc.

Lightzy said:
Um, why shouldn't units on boats defend?
I actually really like the idea. so much that I'm not bothering with 1.0c :)

I mean, in old times there weren't cannons and things. naval combat was about the fighters on the boats. boarding, firing arrows, etc.

That could make an interesting mod comp.

Hi all, I've decided to start a Succession Game using this mod. For those who don't know a Succession Game is a game where players each play a certain number of turns (usually 10 after the game gets going) and then upload the file back to the forum so others can play. If anyone is interested in experiencing contributing to this and seeing how others might play using this mod, you can go to the forum located here and sign up.

pason said:
I had the similiar problem for videoplaying in general, then it turned out I had wrong graphic drivers installed. So search for the latest driver on radeon home page. Maybe it helps

It solved it. I feel dumb for not checking there first (I would have eventually). I had the latest driver when I patched 1.52 (a few months ago), but they have a newer driver now. I am assuming I would have run into the same movie graphics problem even while playing Civ 1.61, now I'll never know (as I have not played post patch game other than this great mod).

Anyway, thanks again.

Top Bottom