1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Medieval: Conquests

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Medieval: Conquests' started by Kailric, Jan 9, 2011.

1. ZorkZ

ZorkZ Chieftain

@JBrown247
    You can play with 1.2 or you can test 1.3beta. It is up to you. One very important thing the pedlar is the transport to "Europe" here.

2. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

This really sounds like exploitation of a bug. However it must be a gameengine bug, not a mod bug. In theory you could do the same with muskets and horses in a vanilla game, hence moving firepower any distance in a single turn. The bad thing here is that the transports are land based, which makes exploitation easier. Without checking I guess Westward Ho suffers from the same issue.

I'm not sure what to do about this one. Luckily it's not a serious one because the simplest solution is to just tell players not to do this ;)

3. thadian

thadian Kami of Awakened Dreamers

still one of my fav col mods

4. thadian

i usually use it with the rhye earth map though i wish i could get TLC for the euro-nations, have some native americans in america and let it all unfold from there.

5. Kailric

Kailric Jack of All Trades

Thanks thadian, its still my favorite too:) I would love to set aside some time to finish this mod out more, fix the bugs mentioned it previous post, and such. Real life has me tied up atm though... but we'll see what happens:)

6. thadian

ok, i am using world builder and will try to make the ground of a TLC scenario. Inspired by Colonize the World for AoD2, i will try to experiment with placing king and colonist cities. There are a few problems however i that i will encounter.

I need to insert empires for China, Japan, Aztec, Inca, Maya.
    Natives for: Khmer, Polynesia, Olmec, Toltec, Quito, etc. I will want just enough to provide the cultures removed by the growth of some empires.

I will have a problem placing king cities on the map because i am afraid the colonists will use shared names or repeat names such as King of Anglo gets London, will colonist found a first city named London?

It will be tough to put civ's in the americas and africa because i don't know how to put them in, even though a lot of mods have them in.

The goal would not end with overthrowing "your pope" so much as it would be to colonize your area, declare empire and survive the fury. Conquistador's would be the "REF Force" for mesoamericans and africans.

Civ's would have homeland ruled by "king" and one of it's historical conquest areas as starting location.

Geez, why has nobody made 800 - 1500 global RFC Colonization yet?

Oh, and i have NEVER EVER seen an animal unit of any kind, how do i fix this?

7. JoeyB98

JoeyB98 King of Ohio

Are we gonna see a Europe map with this? I don't do random maps for Colonization, but this seems a really cool mod!

8. thadian

Im going to attempt a Europe Map with this before dirtying my hands making an Earth Map at a specific age. It turns out a lot of the files have codes in different places and i always try to insert things in the wrong place and i always crashed. When this map is done, i will upload it, and i apologize in advance for any "placement mistakes" that i am prone to naturally make.

However, i would like to ask if i can set a spawn point for Mongol. Because i do not intend whatsoever for Mongolia to be on the map, i don't want to place King city for it. So instead, i would like it to have a "Land Zone" somewhere.

I will attempt 2 maps - One will have king cities and one will not. Hopefully, i can excuse my placement methodology for some areas. Since the pope is the primary "King" i wish i could make ONE city for him and tie ALL "pope king" to this city, but i will have to instead give Each King a city somewhere.

I intend to make the arabian king start in Arabia and the Arabia colonist to start in Algeria with the goal of heading to spain. The more i look at the Civ's, this will be harder than i first thought.

Edit - small hiccup, how/where do i change REF? I need to slow some things down but i can't find where...

9. CocoIsKing28

CocoIsKing28 Slightly less stupid

When I try to play the game, it says that there is an error in the game speed. It allows me to go into the start screen, but when I try and play, it crashes. Any help?

10. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

Have you been doing changes to the XML by yourself ?
    (Directly in Vanilla files or the mod ?)

11. Zlatko

Zlatko CIW

12. Kailric

raystuttgart has inspired me to crack open my favorite mod here and do some tunning up. I have made a few annoying corrections and I will up load a new version to Game Front and perhaps another site so that ones like Zlatko maybe can down load it then.. stay tuned:) :goodjob:

13. orlanth

orlanth Storm God. Yarr!

thank you Kailric! glad to see you back here and thanks for your great mods! :goodjob:

14. raystuttgart

It is awesome that a legend like you picks up modding this great game again. :thumbsup:

15. Willi_Tell

Willi_Tell praefectus praetorio

I truly second that! :thumbsup:

Always enjoyed your great work and especially this fantastic medieval conversion, Kailric! Thank you & keep on rockin'! :hammer2:

16. Kailric

Thanks men:D You sure do know how to keep a guy motivated:lol:

I have polished up the mod quite a bit and am excited to post the update. I haven't really added a whole lot of new stuff just fixed things up such as made Hunting animals faster by adding in quick combat just for animal battles, added a few more tutorials, and added a Medieval Concepts page detailing all the changes and new rules to the Pedia. I'll do a bit more play testing over the next few days and hopefully this weekend and send it out for you all to check it out!

17. Bocemb

Bocemb Chieftain

link for downloading doesnt work...
    please do something

18. Kailric

Ill check into the download links when I upload the latest version. Been reading through the posts again and making note of bugs and suggestions. I need to make it so troops can't be transported in Caravans that would solve that:mad::D

19. Bocemb

Bocemb Chieftain

i can write it one more time.
    medieval conquests 1.2 doesnt exist on gamefront.com.

20. raystuttgart

As far as I have understood Kailric, he is workin on a new version and will upload that, once that version is finished. :thumbsup: