[MOD] Realism:The Third Resurrection

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

@ Houman and all followers of this famous mod !

More idea : The Stealth Fighter could move 20 tiles with obligation to return to a friendly city before the end of turn, power of attack = 25 but vulnerability to SAM and can shut down Stealth Bomber (which can stay in air during only one turn before come back friendly city) ...

Sorry, i'm a few confusing, but i hope that you understand it :goodjob:

2. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

@Vladimir,

Sorry for the delay.

I have already solved the problems upon your suggestions. I will check your new MOD though if there are any difference and will let you know.

The way I solved it is that ICBM requires a Nuclear Enrichment Lab.
    If you build the Manhatten Project, it will give you free Nuclear Enrichment Lab in evey city and makes you much stronger that way, rather than building single NELabs by yourself in each city.

The Manhatten Project is deleted too.

@Lachlan,
    I will consider these ideas for next version. :)

3. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

GOOD NEWS

It is almost finished.

I can probably finish it on Friday. We have lots of new things!!!

I need 6 testers!!! But reliable testers no leechers who just want to play a beta. I need testers who follow my test plan and report me the bugs.
    If you fail as tester, you will be on my blacklist. No further beta testing in the future. ;)

Tester 1) Play as Inca or Aztec - Strive for Buddism - Use Inquisitor
    Tester 2) Play as Mesaponanian - Strive for Zoroastrianism - Use Inquisitor
    Tester 3) Play as European - Strive for Christianity - Use Inquisitor
    Tester 4) Play as Arab or Egypts - Strive for Islam - Use Inquisitor
    Tester 5) Play as American - strive for Judaism - use Inquisitor
    Tester 6) Play as Mongols - Strive for Taoism - Use Inquisitor

Everyone has to play on the given Worldmap.

Houman

4. Superfly

Superfly Chieftain

I just wanna play the Beta, please give it too me :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm not sure that I'm gonna have the time for testing, but I'll give it a try. I'll just cut some hours of sleep..:sleep:

5. Nightravn

Nightravn Warlord

Put me down for the Americans

6. candeavladimir

candeavladimir Chieftain

Hi Houman.

No problem I understand you have a lot of work.

I know you dont have time and you get a lot of sugestions but PLEASE take a little time and read carrefuly the post in which I explained in detail exactly what modifications i've done. This is for not loosing anymore time.

I did the same thing as you NUCLEAR PROJECT national wonder- NUCLEAR SILO in every city

Althow this is not so important and I dont want to impose my opinion I think the best names for those are:
    NATIONAL NUCLEAR PROJECT and MISSILE BASE
    those names make sense in the realistic way

I also added 2 units The Nuclear Bomber and Stealth Bomber

Please take note that I moved the SCRUB FALLOUT to More terraforming. This is very realistic and crucial for the realism of the game along with the fact that I've increased the fallout coverage.

Also take note of the increased nuclear damage in order to make the explosions more realistic.

As I've wrote in the last post I've tested the effects very carefuly and they are very realistic

Regards
    Vladimir

7. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Thanks Vladimir,

No problem, I will update the mod.
    I have produced the new video for the new religion last night . It took all night. Only one task is left for today.

I might get the release done for beta testing tonight or tomorrow morning. (GMT 0) The American testers are lucky, they might still get it on 'Friday'. ;)

Regards
    Houman

8. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

@Vladimir,

I am right now implementing the Nuclear final.

1) Why do you give a Nuclear Plant +25% more production. Nuclear Plants only produce power. Like any other source. The do not increase the production in the city. The only advantage of it is that you don't need oil or coal what is cleaner. I don't see any realism here.

2) Manhattan Wonder or Natioonal Wonder?

Solution 1) Maybe it would make more sense to make the Nuclear Silos builable even without the Manhatten Project. The Manhatten Project as a world wonder lets you make the Silos for free in EVERY city. That makes you strategically very powerful as the first one who accomplished Manhattan Project. However everyone else should still have the chance to build the silos - but more expensive and it has to be built in each city. Usually the border cities are weaker and has to build a Silo before ICBM makes it even harder. The one who strived for Manhattan Project will get a higher reward in this sense.

Your Solution) You make the Manhatten Project a national wonder and the Silos are dependent on it. In order to build the ICBM everyone has to strive for one Manhattan Project. After the completion each of your cities would get a free Nuclear Silo.

The problem with this solution is that the first one who invented the Manhattan Project won't be rewarded at all.

You know what I mean? I guess Solution 1) gives more the feeling of competition.

I liked your idea though with the nuclear bomber and nuclear stealth bomber. However the way you have programmed them...well..you made Terminators. One of them and you will the war. In reality these bombers are not that strong either. One of the older Stealth bombers got even shot down in Yugoslavia War and the Americans called it technical failure to not loosing their face.

There is a variable called <iNuke>-1</iNuke> If you set it to 1 or higher the unit should be able to do Nuke damage. I have to test this though.

However we need a different model or at least a new Skin for our new bomber. I am afraid we have to see them in the next version.

Despite that, I have taken all your Building Names and values but the discussed above.

Thanks for input
    Houman

9. malga

malga Chieftain

SORRY for my bad post.. I hope you don't get angry with me..:cry:

Yust let me say that I don't want you to modify the mod FOR ME.. I only want you to write me NAMES OF FILES I have to modify..
    I think it wouldn't be so difficult, because I don't think they are SO much..:goodjob:

Now an ask: why do you leave saltpeter now that you have sulphur from greenmod? In my opinion it's not so realistic..
    I also have a mod idea: what do you think about nations whitch changes the leaders DURING the game? It would be very realistic.. For example every time that a nation changes its governement (or religion,social order) there is a 5% of possibility that the nations change its leader..So you can find a paceful nation whitch become aggressive, or an aggressive one who become paceful..
    It would be very great; and also very difficult to do, I know..:(

MALGA

10. Drew77

Drew77 Chieftain

"More idea : The Stealth Fighter could move 20 tiles with obligation to return to a friendly city before the end of turn, power of attack = 25 but vulnerability to SAM and can shut down Stealth Bomber (which can stay in air during only one turn before come back friendly city) ..."

Sweet

11. Lachlan

Cool i gained a supporter :)

Did you played Civ 2 ?

12. candeavladimir

candeavladimir Chieftain

Hi Houman

I'm sorry I didn't reply you sooner I was busy hope you can still use my advice.

You are somehow right. Let me see if we are not confused about the oher ideeas:

MY IDEEA:
    NATIONAL NUCLEAR PROJECT (national wonder) --- gives --- free NUCLEAR SILO

YOUR IDDEA:
    MANHATTEN PROJECT (world wonder)--- gives for builder -- free NUCLEAR SILO in every city.
    Everyone else has to build a NUCLEAR SILO in every city in order to build ICBM

YES I THINK YOUR IDEEA IS BETTER
    -increase the cost of SILOS and make the dependable from a NUCLEAR POWER PLANT

NUCLEAR POWER PLANT

1 COAL PLANT - produces energy with COAL ---> POLUTION
    2 HYDRO PLANT- produces energy requres river ---> CLEAN
    3 NUCLEAR PLANT - produces energy with Uranium ---> CLEAN with RISK OF MELTDOWN
    4 SOLAR PLANT - produces energy at no requirements ---> CLEAN

At this point there is no reason to build a nuclear plant. Why? Because:
    I aply the following staregy:
    I play with Mongols who get a +to health.
    I Build coal plants and get no significant polution
    Then I go for the THREE GORGES DAM ----> CLEAN ENERGY
    Even if I cant build the 3GD the polution is insignificant and I can resolve and wait for SOLAR PLANT

A NUCLEAR PLANT is a major enterprise for any medium country it is build with great efforts and provides a lot of energy compared with the other plants. In the way the game is now you have only disadvantages from it.

I STILL THINK WE SHOULD MAKE IT MORE ATTRACTIVE BY ADDING YHE +25% BONUS

Regarding the bombers:
    - they are not so powerful as you think. At one stryke it will damage a group of units to a max 84% to one unit other taking decreasing damage
    - they are still very vulnerable to AA defense excepting the B2 (got one Nuclear Bomber shoot down by a sam inf who attacked the plane which passed by it and if you have 2-3 fighters over the city the bomber gets his arse kicked)
    - this will stimulate the use of AA defense in the game
    - We should however increase the cost of a Nuclear Stealth Bomber as in reality it cost 2 bilion USD a piece and yes as in reality it does brings hell when it comes

The unit is far from completed it was for demo purpose. I stil want to simulate a nuclear mushroom when it bombards and of course new textures are welcome.

By the way I know how to work in 3d Studio Max a little I understood it can be used for altering the units design. Can you tell me how?

HOPE YOU HAVENT FORGET TO MODIFY THE FILES (nuke power fallout etc)AS I ASKED YOU WHEN YOU HAD IMPLEMENTED THE MOD

Regards
    Vladimir

13. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

@Malga nice idea. We will try it in the future releases. And yes I still love you. ;)

@Drew and Lachlan, I will see what can be done.

@Vlad, great!! We are almost there. I need now testers. :)

14. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Info to Version 1.7 updated on Page 1

15. jeffdawgfan

jeffdawgfan Chieftain

If you are still looking for Beta testers I would be happy to do so. I am bed bound for two weeks following knee surgery and about to pull my hair out in boredom. I would be happy to test out.

16. Perfect_Blue

Perfect_Blue Yume Senshi

Yep yep, I see the new info...Where's the download link? I wanna play:cry:

17. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Alright everyone,

Sorry if I don't quote you guys individually. I love you all and read your posts. The schedule is tight.

All those who volunteered for Beta testing, will receive a link in about 4-5 hours from now.

I have added BADR historical Flags & Colors this morning. :) I have improved it a bit too. The Persian Flag do not contain the Zoroastrian Symbol of Farwahar. I think it is important taking those historical Flags that do not associate the Country with a certain religion. Otherwise it looks weird in the game, if the player goes for Buddihsm and has a Zoroastrian Symbol on the flag. I took the oldest Persian Flag instead with a Golden Eagle on a white background. There is also an alternative Flag (Kaveh the Backsmith) banner in the folder, if you wish to change it. A problem are the Arabs. The Arab nation was pretty much unknown before Islam. I don't know how I could make a non-Islamic Flag for them...

@Vladimir,

I did some more research about it. Alright I made the Silos dependent on 1 Nuclear Power Plant in your whole empire. Thats enough to provide the enriched Uranium for making the Silos and later the ICBM.

If you go for Manhattan Project, you need the Nuclear Reactor in the same city before you can build the project. But then after completion you would be able to build for free a silo in each city for free. :) A silo costs 500 now Manhatten costs 1500. Maybe I should make Manhatten 2000. I don't know yet. Test will show, if Manhatten is too powerful I make it 2000.

I have also tested your idea with Nuclear Bombers. It is indeed possible to make the Airplanes nuke a city. But after the attack the nuke kill the AIrplane as well. haha So again not realistic. We can not develop other atomic weapons beside the ICBM. For this reason I chaged the pre-req-tech for ICBM from Satelite nack to rocketry. Until we find a solution. We would have needed new skins for the models anyway. So this goes to a future release.

Your other point about the Nuclear Plants. I see your point. I did the same in CIV II and waited for Solar Energy straight away.

I remember this topic being discussed in the university. In reality making such a Solar plant in order to satisfy a city's energy is almost impossible. Not every country has so much sun shine and the African countries are too hot. The temprature would destroy the solar energy pieces. SO you need cooling that again costs energy. Our technology is not there yet.

A way to make this more realistic is not iving the Nuclear powerplant 25% boost to production. This is alot and will unbalance the game. Rather I would make the SOlar Energy like in real life too expensive. Much more expensive than the nuclear power plant. This way the player has to think twice to pay the price for a healthy natural energy or a nuclear power plant. Having a Nuclear plant means having earlier on higher production with less dirt however with the risk of melting down. This is more realistic, since the power increases the production anyway.

This is what we have now:

Coal Plant cost 150
    Hydro 200 (restricted to City with River)
    Nuclear 250
    Solar 300

I suggest making Solar 450. This is now the situation:
    PLayer can build chip coal plants: problem too dirty.

Hydro is more expensive and a good idea, but the city needs a river. Most cities do not have this privilige though.

Later the player can build the even more expensive Nuclear power plant, which is clean. But it has a risk of meltdown.

Or he pays somuch as like a hydro and nuclear plant together for making a solar, that is clean and not dangerous. This is fair!

@All

The map is finished with new units placed on (in Native territories you would see Native Warriors + borigines in Australia. I did also some marginal terrain improvements + placement of 6 new resources in the world. It is nice for trading and makes it more interesting.

I just have to work a bit on one unit skin and two building skins and then I am finished. Boah...

Now I need to go and buy some groceries....

Cya soon,
    Houman

18. Lachlan

Did you received my pm ? I will be happy :)

19. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Lachlan,
    if you play as Incan or Aztecs you are my man. ;)
    I need someone to test the Native Americans.

20. Wiz

Wiz Chieftain

Sure, I'd love to test it for you. Native Americans sound fine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.