[MOD] The Authentic Colonization (TAC)

Congratualtion on all of the TAC Team. The Mod is very Nice. The new war of independence is very Good. :goodjob:

I just love the idea of 68 Man of Wars King has now! I had a really tough time holding to my 13 colonies :cowboy: Still, I was able to sink 24 Monster ships on default difficulty with 100% rebel sentiment... The last wave made landfall exactly where the 3rd wave did, so I was overwhelmed and lost Georgia and South Carolina, just like it happened in real life...

Congratualtion on all of the TAC Team. The Mod is very Nice. The new war of independence is very Good. :goodjob:
I just love the idea of 68 Man of Wars King has now! I had a really tough time holding to my 13 colonies :cowboy: Still, I was able to sink 24 Monster ships on default difficulty with 100% rebel sentiment... The last wave made landfall exactly where the 3rd wave did, so I was overwhelmed and lost Georgia and South Carolina, just like it happened in real life...
Thank you! :)

Let me give you a short overview. We have changed the War of Independance:

During the War of Independence the King will send his troops in four waves, each being significantly stronger than the one before. The first wave includes about 10 per cent of the Kings troops, the second 20 per cent, the third 30 per cent and the fourth wave 40 per cent. Between the waves there will be five turns. The Royal ships of the line no longer are shuttling back and forth from and to Europe, but will stay after debarkation of the transported units, thus spreading fear and terror at the coast. This will makes the games more challenging.

You will get more informations about all concepts of TAC reading our English manual. ;)

Hello TAC team!

First I just want to congratulate you guys for making this incredible mod :goodjob:

I have a little problem regarding the custom house which won't sell goods that are under boycott. The overflow on non-boycott goods sell normally. Is there a setting somewhere in the xml for me to change?

Also I wonder if there is a way in-game to "mark" the goods that you want to sell in the custom house? or even if there is a way to sell large quantities at once? not just the overflow?

Again thank you for this great mod :)

I have a little problem regarding the custom house which won't sell goods that are under boycott. The overflow on non-boycott goods sell normally. Is there a setting somewhere in the xml for me to change?

No, Custom House in TAC does not sell boycotted goods.

There is no XML setting to change this, sorry
(You would need to change the code of DLL.)

Also I wonder if there is a way in-game to "mark" the goods that you want to sell in the custom house? or even if there is a way to sell large quantities at once? not just the overflow?

Not possible in TAC, sorry.

ray, sorry, but this is not a Public-Relations-thread for your mod. Nobody has asked you to explain features of your own project. Please use your own threads to give informations about your project. - Thank you!

Hello TAC team!
First I just want to congratulate you guys for making this incredible mod :goodjob:

Hi Civ.exe Error, thank you very much! :king:

I have a little problem regarding the custom house which won't sell goods that are under boycott.
The custom house of TAC doesn't allow to sell boycotted goods. Sorry, there is a mistake at the colopedia-text of that building. :(

These possibilities are not available, sorry. You will find more informations about the TAC custom house at our manual. Please read the chapter "Storage limits and automatic selling". :)

Thank you for the information guys :goodjob:

I will now have to change strategy and start selling more rum to the natives :)

I found it helpful to preserve good relations with at least two European colonies and trade with them, sometimes you get very good deals. In my last TAC game I wanted to pick Constitution exactly the way US Constitution was in real life (otherwise I usually stick with Monarchy). Extensive trading in Western Hemisphere was the only way I could finance the war, but at one point I just stopped caring about money. I had enough guns to kill all the Brits. They earn Great Generals, but they would never show up unless Brits conquer their first city! (When the last wave finally took my Savannah, GA they got 2 Generals right away! :crazyeye:)

At the TAC team, just wow. I have only play very few turns due to a lack of time.

I was wondering, if you could divulge how long it took you guys from the beginning to now to develop the mod. I know that you have your forum, but for me (non-german speaker), it is kind of hard to follow it.

The whale oil idea was fantastic. :)

Could you explain a bit, about the first scenario werewolves please. I know that you posted a link but it is in german.

You guys are great.:king:

At the TAC team, just wow. I have only play very few turns due to a lack of time.

I was wondering, if you could divulge how long it took you guys from the beginning to now to develop the mod. I know that you have your forum, but for me (non-german speaker), it is kind of hard to follow it.

You guys are great.:king:

Thank you very much! :king:

Could you explain a bit, about the first scenario werewolves please. I know that you posted a link but it is in german.

Werewolves 1.0 has been released. It is translated into English, but there are some important gaps at the English texts. At the moment we are improving the balancing, fixing some bugs and completing the translation. Werewolves 1.1. will be the first version which we will present here. Probably at two or three weeks that version will be ready.

Here our German-speaking development forum of Werewolves. Here some "Let's-Play-Together"-Videos. And here a short English introduction:

"Werewolves" is an eerie thriller starting in the New England states of the late 18. century. The War of Independence against the English mother country has ended some years ago. But just as peace and quiet have returned to the ambitious states at the north-eastern shores, surprisingly a threat from the hinterland appears. Werewolves are roaming the forests and are terrorizing the settlers. The beasts are of unheard strength and velocity; they materialize out of a sudden, strike and disappear again. In their distress, the citizens of New England are recalling a legendary commander of the War of Independence who shall organize their resistance now. Who is this person? Of course it is the experienced hero just reading these lines....

The Gaming World
"Werewolves" comes alive on especially created scenario maps with different difficulty levels. At the beginning, you will start with just some coastal settlements, a ship and some units. The New England settlers are allied with the Micmac, living in a small reservate in a single settlement. The king of the colonial time has been replaced by the US president. At the start, not much will be seen from the werewolves as their dwellings are far in the hinterland. But you should not get lulled by this. When the first werewolves will appear differs from game to game - and the one who is not prepared at that moment has dug his own grave.

Harbor of the Capital and Growth of Population
Instead of a European Harbor there is a Harbor of the Capital now, where you may sell goods to the US president. This is quite lucrative, as prices are dropping only slowly. On the other hand roughly every second immigrant will be an expert unit. Additionally, recruiting experts by spending money has become more difficult, as each additional unit of the same type will cost a bit more. Building of schools and other educational institutions is strongly recommended!

Resources, Bonus Resources and Pioneers
In New England there are some different resources than the ones you may be used to. For instance, for constructing of high-level buildings you have to quarry stones and the settlers will grow hemp and breed cattle. Moreover, the terrain types, the features and the improvements available for building by the pioneers will be unfamiliar for you at the beginning. In "Werewolves" it will be more important than ever before to increase the meager land yields by improvements. To compensate for this, the partially quite expensive improvements will deliver drastically increased bonuses. Bonus resources are rarer, but much more attractive. For instance silver can only be got in noteworthy quantities from the respective bonus resource. Rivers are providing higher bonuses, too. To find the right place for new settlements and defending the improvements against maraudings werewolves will be the key to success.

Brothers Manson
The settlers have already successfully contended for the founding of an independent state, so founding fathers are no longer needed. But still there is the chance to attract prominent comrades-in-arms: Brothers Manson, giving decisive support in the struggle against the werewolves. Some of these Brothers Manson will appear as individual special unit and will randomly spawn free bonus units. No other party can snatch the Brothers Manson from under your nose. But as the werewolves quickly will grown in number, it may be wise to skip an early fellow mason just to attract a later and more powerful one as soon as possible.

Troops and Combat
The more you equip your units with guns, horses, silver bullets and leather vests the more powerful they will become. Nevertheless, the werewolves will remain being dangerous opponents. Cavalry may be used to wear down the foes, as all mounted units have a good chance to retreat from lost fights. The werewolves are living in the lost cities of an extinct indian nation. To successfully seize them, artillery may be of use. Mountains are impassable and it may be helpful to make strategical use of mountain ranges.

Victory
The goal of the game is cultivating the hinterland and thus, to exile the werewolves. To achieve this goal you have to extend your cultural area up to a certain percentage of all terrain fields and additionally, to have much more units in comparison to the werewolves. The current state will be displayed in the screen "Victory Conditions" (F8).

Would you start a new thread? This scenario is of outstanding quality, I can run it just to listen the music, I especially like the idea of so many different military professions :goodjob: I can even command Dogs and Bears!

What role does F3 screen play now? President seems to have a lot of troops. Independence is deactivated? Or perhaps you will make it so that after certain Bells entire US army will come under your command? :yumyum:

I have already found a little bug :p

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 1,399
Would you start a new thread?
At the moment I devote myself on creating the first public upgrade to Werewolves 1.1. Then I will publish Werewolves here at Fanatics, too. At the moment I don't want to present it because there are too many gaps at the English translation. And sorry, it's too early to answer to questions. I don't wish to be impolite, but please give me some time to finish this first version which will be playable in English without any greater problems. ;)
I have already found a little bug :p
Thank you, Tigranes! I will fix it. :)

WOW. This mod is, simply put, a dream come true. The vanilla civ4col was outrageous in its skew toward military leaders, small colonies, and early revolutions :mad:. This complete reworking deserves real commendation - IMO, civ4col is actually an improvement from the original now! If there any other mods that are of this magnitude, please tell me cause I'd like to try them too.

WOW. This mod is, simply put, a dream come true. The vanilla civ4col was outrageous in its skew toward military leaders, small colonies, and early revolutions :mad:. This complete reworking deserves real commendation - IMO, civ4col is actually an improvement from the original now! If there any other mods that are of this magnitude, please tell me cause I'd like to try them too.
:thanx:
TAC is far from perfect, but the TAC team thought it would be a huge improvement over Vanilla. I am glad, that you and other players agree with this :D

Thank you very much for creating and sharing this mod. I have not played CivCol for years. As an old Col fan I was playing the original much rather.

Now I returned and found this great mod and enjoy it very much.

However, I found something I do not like: the title says "final"
I would love to see a Trade Adviser screen where you can see how many of each goods you have sold so far and what your return was (this was in the initial 1994 game).

Is it possible to incorporate a Trade Adviser screen - I seem to remember Jekel did a Trade Adviser mod. Can this mod be installed alongside TAC?

Also, I miss the Native Adviser screen where you could see how many missions you have. (Currently you have to count them yourself)

Grateful for the work you have done on this great mod

Dan Shays

Thank you very much for your hard work! The mod is AWSOME! :king:

Thank you very much for creating and sharing this mod. I have not played CivCol for years. As an old Col fan I was playing the original much rather.

Now I returned and found this great mod and enjoy it very much.

:thanx: Thank you to both of you! Glad that you like the mod and that we could provide a few enjoyable hours/days of playing TAC.

However, I found something I do not like: the title says "final"
I hate to say it, but "final" really means final in this case. The TAC modding team has disbanded with this version and there will be no more updates from the TAC team.

Of course other modders are welcome to add to it!

Several former TAC team members are working on mods based on TAC, like a Werewolves modification or a graphic overhaul. But the base mod will no longer be changed by us.

Hey guys, excellent work! I'm currently making a scenario based on your mod. I'm a history nerd so I've chosen to do a historical scenario. I'm setting it in 1655, which is the most interesting time in the period, I think. There's still plenty to explore and the powers are very balanced but with different strengths. I did this using cheat mode in the original Colonization and it was a lot of fun.

Anyway, I'm almost done but have run into a couple issues. For instance, I can't seem to get the game year to change from 1492 to 1655 in the Worldbuilder nor can I seem to get the AI to keep troops in its colonies (it wants to explore when it should defend). Is there an appropriate forum to post in for these kinds of issues?

Hey guys, excellent work!
Thanks on behalf of the rest of the team and welcome to TAC! :D
Anyway, I'm almost done but have run into a couple issues. For instance, I can't seem to get the game year to change from 1492 to 1655 in the Worldbuilder nor can I seem to get the AI to keep troops in its colonies (it wants to explore when it should defend). Is there an appropriate forum to post in for these kinds of issues?
The starting year you may change in ...\Col\Assets\XML\GlobalDefines.xml

Make a copy first!

Have a look for these lines:
Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>START_YEAR</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>1492</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
Changing can be done even with Windows Notepad, although I always recommend using Notepad++

Regarding the AI behaviour: this unfortunately will require programming.

On second thought...
Since you are talking about a scenario, an option might be to create unittypes with 0 movement which then could be placed in the cities. Depends on what you are exactly planning to do...

Top Bottom