MOD: The Balancer Reloaded (TBX-R)

Have you tried the direct download?

As per T.A. Jones i decided to try this mod. i have dl 1.04 and 1.06patch but still got error no scout default. will see if putting it in nomad folder works! nope! then i try putting whole scout folder in art/units nope!
here is message: "Art\Units\Nomad\..\..\..\..\..\..\art\units\Scout/ScoutDefault.flc" help!!!!
there was no space in the first "scout" (whatda?)

I have been playing with the Japanese and have gotten to about the WW2 period. When the game crashes and I get this error. "Art\Units\MK8\..\Paratrooper\Paratrooper Attack Gun.wav"
Now I was not building any Paratroops at the time. So it had to be one of the AI Civs. Could not tell you which one. What do I need to do to fix it?

Russ

I'm sure someone else can give you a better answer, but what this indicates is a disconnect between the .ini file in the folder Paratrooper and the wav file referenced. Need to open the ini there (use a test editor) and see what the sound file (or flc file) being called is vs this error msg (compare to what is being called in the ini vs what the actual file is and it's addressing).

I generally just get ride of the sound files in the ini most of the time.

It also looks like game/ini has this buried under another file in units folder (MK8) and this may not be what is really there in your system??

I don't know if anyone can fix this but I would like to try this mod. Scout/ScoutDefault.flc does not work? any answers? see#182 above.

Hmm this mod has had its own site for dowloadin since creation and worldwide distribution has reached the in the 10s of thousands so mybe 1 in 1000 get an error. Don't dispare. Since I vouched for this mod , I figure its up to me to fix this for you Monsieur Moose :)

NOt only that but to feed you the proper variables for maxium enjoyment so you come correct with proper distance between civs, tech rate, army patch adjtment, etc. . You will play the one epic that inspired me to teach the gospel of preacher jones ! lol

Enough of these loadin problems, missing graphics or whatever. I will give you my copy of the mod thats been refined over the years to works flawless Hows that for ya good sir

I bet my staus here this will be the best mod you play exept mybe 'medevil (sp) euro mod 2' . 'Anno domini'. or far Horizons. ( i dont include missin pedia mods no matter how good they are)

Lets begin. PM you emil so I can deliver the mod to your desktop

I tried e mailing my working copy compressed in file to moose's email. It cuts of at 350 mb and say IM 'out of memory' with 351mb of compressed mb still to go! ( its expanion pak size this mod)
suggestions how I can give the whole file to Moose. I will give it to all you guys if We can fiigure out a way .
Ive played it about 8 times best swing up the tree so far is post modern with various 18-22 civs and never a error

WHen I downloaded my copy i never had a prob then a download on my new rig no prob. same with my friend, he was good to. T his was in 2007 and 2006 Must be new patch thats done it I never used patch 1.4 or 5 or 6

for what its worth I disected 1.06 and found nothin that patchs released previously didn't include. All exept for some new animation files for "space fighter" The other units were in the game already. Same with the tech icon in 1.06, a clone file of the earlier patchs.

Im confused what 1.06 was suppose to bring to the table as new content. I wish Kingpin would clarify a log for the patches but he has done so much already and it always on that other site he owns. INfact Probably best to contact him there ya know?

I have been playing with the Japanese and have gotten to about the WW2 period. When the game crashes and I get this error. "Art\Units\MK8\..\Paratrooper\Paratrooper Attack Gun.wav"
Now I was not building any Paratroops at the time. So it had to be one of the AI Civs. Could not tell you which one. What do I need to do to fix it?

Russ

Did you download the extras units from ptw ?As you know 'extras' has ww2 units and medevil japaness units so mybe they grabbed a sound or death from on these? I know you need to have those files to make this mod work just not sure if they included it by a patch yet. IN late 2005 I d-loaded from the main site at Evo gaes and just added the 'extras' and never had a prob since.

Well... I tried all sort of things but finally replaced Nomad w/Nomad from Anno Domini and the mod loaded! Perhaps someone w/skills could rebuild it as intended or you could e-mail your copy of nomad? thanks for all efforts. I ended up next to 4 other civ so I used 1.06 patch, it loaded. we will see...

Well... I tried all sort of things but finally replaced Nomad w/Nomad from Anno Domini and the mod loaded! Perhaps someone w/skills could rebuild it as intended or you could e-mail your copy of nomad? thanks for all efforts. I ended up next to 4 other civ so I used 1.06 patch, it loaded. we will see...

OK Im at where I have access to the files again. Sorry for the deley. pm me if your still intrested and I send you the Nomad. I bumped the thread in hopes Kingpins notices and gets a patch out. After All my advertising of this mod it should be like my copy and that is el perfecto.

Lemme know if you want some good starting specs advice, like tech rate and such
Take care moose

Whatda? no "exotic metals" (copper?) on my huge map.

huh? waddya mean? I got me richin in those last games. Man did you get gypted?

deafult is listed at 250 per civ ratio, so 25 players thats 1 per Civ. But... ITs all about terrain as you know. .

A double knock out would be selecting a map "young' 'hot' More a good criteria for pickin out woman, Not so good for other type of exotic gems, in this mod anyway.. lol
Anyway ..no tundra no mountains, no metals for you. You have to discover GIA theory first of course and tell ya the truth, my first games I couldn't swing hard enough up the tech tree to get there. I won in another way like culture or conquest just receiveing post modern weapons. (mybe he set the tech rate lower? I just don't know what happend after those patches or why you have all these troubles. I feel for ya man)

Still It makes sence that those exotics would be rare since many metals like tungsten, platinum, and tantalum, are hard to find. Were did you get copper? That crap goes kinda cheap in the yard compared to paladium or good conducting metals . Its too soft.
Mybe you/Kingpin meant Phosphorus bronze. That is more an exotic metal , actually an alloy of copper within tin and a better choice for mechs electrical circuits then unrefiend copper as it has a lower resistance.
These are metals you need to reap out whole mountain ranges or underground labrynthes to get just a few units of production in comparison to gold or nickel bearing ore products of similar size/weight

Does anyone have a link for the 1.6 patch? The one on his linked site is broken.
Thanks.

Does anyone have a link for the 1.6 patch? The one on his linked site is broken.
Thanks.

Try it now. My site has been down for several days due to server problems. It's back up now though.

I looked and my last post assumed that "always visible" was true but later I found that Gaia (sp) was needed.....I got copper from what you can't make....

OK cool so its ok then. Me I just noticed I implied newplanet/hot climate is less chances of exotic metals.
What I should have said was old-planet / hot climate is worse as older planet being worn down into plains and grasslands would have less mountains, less chance of metals and obviously a newer planet would have more mountains, So Excuse the mix up

Thanks for the mod, I'm trying it out right now. It looks very complete with all the new units, improvements and wonders. However, the Civilopedia seems to contain numerous errors. Is there a correct Civilopedia for this mod out there somewhere or has that work just not been done? It's a bit annoying having to use the Editor to find out what the stuff I can build does exactly.

Thanks for the mod, I'm trying it out right now. It looks very complete with all the new units, improvements and wonders. However, the Civilopedia seems to contain numerous errors. Is there a correct Civilopedia for this mod out there somewhere or has that work just not been done? It's a bit annoying having to use the Editor to find out what the stuff I can build does exactly.

Oh nay you must have the wrong one This pedia is one of the most complete ever done. I saw one entry that was missing out of 1000+ I think. But sometimes he uses the same entry for like say a simliar swordman. Even then he wil usually pen some lines distinguishing it. This happens to say 20% of the units. Wonders all have pedia, Great and small. The resources to, same with imrovments and all the techs

Still most units have thier own and most are in great depth which is crazy work when you think how many units .

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

See this is a random sample of the type of entrys. Like the original game, the pedia here reflects qualty through and through to all game aspects. You can learn something about everything you build or see in enmey ranks . Come out with knowledge of a warbuff

Heck civ4 paid designers did a worse job. It copies entires straight from civ3! so Id say this puts in more effort on its book then Fireaxis's attempt . IN fact Balancr gives better attempts in all other areas to imporve civ3 compared to where pro designers tried and went wrong making civ4

Still like most pro quality games it stills needs patches to play optimal, you kinda have to know the right areas to refine with this mod to bring it to its top potential. ITs just a slight tinkering in one or two places, nothing at all complicated like adding units. As a guy who's played it plenty I can vouch its one of the best versions of any civ game and also i can help you in these areas I mention.
-my tweeks are nothin big btw. I mean, It won't ruin the expiernce if you forgo my advice . Just smoothes the flow even more at best

Let me know and I'll give you a hand ; )

WEll I might as well list the few minor things I take issue with in this mod.

Army patch: make army "transport capacity (1) but trade off with a HP of (5) bonus. (exact setting from medevil mod2 which was praised heavily for this change) ) THis way AI will have the same advantage as you since they can't stack 4 units in their army. This is very easy btw. look for Army in "units" in the mods editer.

AI overbuilds hidden nationalty units when they are avialable on evry city build que. THis mod also releases HN with wonders over set turn intervals, so keep those and the two that are open to anyone are easily fixed.
ONe is Bandit. unflag the HN He will be much weaker then calvery but bandits don' travel in formtion so a extra movement point to 3 can still let then grab a worker switly and safe(point of HN)

THe guerilla (THIS ONE MIGHT HAVE BEEN DONE ALREADY!)Id just unflag this guys HN and fling him aside, see what AI does with him . AI got lots of choices by now and will focus on tougher units available at that time instead of a weak army of sneakers like these bums

Heres the variables that gurentee good tech flow when matched with this sized map

Width: 204 Height: 204 ( a large map is needed to get a heavy enough upswing up the lenghened tech tree.. You will still get nice intervals to use new weaopns to advantage for a time (like realty) without them being eclipsed by the time you get them to the line all the time . This is key advantage to this system of variables.
# of civs: 20 (just right or making trades to power tech research and to keep you on you toes with all the power civs tryin to feed on the few small ones "see below"
Distance between civs: 44 ( extra spread out is imporant in devloping good sized competton and slows down early trade of tech encounters keeping you from being hopleslys at the bottom of the pak the start)

OPtimal city number= 40
Tech rate 700

Turns: 770+

Top Bottom