MOD: The Balancer Reloaded (TBX-R)

dude please when will this download be online again i need it so hard ! :D sorry for annoying spam :S

I have 1.06 .. I'll try to attach for yah all .. hope it works.

Attachments

• Balancer Reloaded Version 1.06 Patch.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 387
OK, I finally got this to work all the way through for the first time since I downloaded it about two months ago. To anyone downloading it, allow me to offer some advice:

First, downloading this is like getting a brand new game. It's just that awesome. You will love the hell out of this mod. Which brings me to my second point, which is you will loathe the hell out of this game, as well, due to the glitches and bugs found in one particular unit. I lost whole weeks of game play because of these glitches, as there's no way to fix it in-game, you have to start a new one. Save yourself the hassles and do the following:

Open up the Balancer file in your own editor and find Swordsman. Down at the bottom where it tells you who can use that unit, make it blank. Then go through and remove every single other swordsman unit, besides the Legionary (un-highlight them entirely from the "used by" section). Once that's done, you must also remove a few more Feudalism swordsman units (Knights of Anubis is one, but I simply removed 100% of them and gave all civs Medieval Warrior).

That's the quick fix. There are other ways to do it, some of which were posted earlier in the thread (none of which worked for me whatsoever), but this is the only 100% guaranteed way that I've found to play a game through to the end (finished with Rome, working on Germany now, so I'll see if I can finish this one too).

Other than the problem I mentioned, which are so glaring that you want to break something after spending a week building your civ, only to have the friggin Zulu find Iron and build a damned swordsman, thereby crashing the game eternally to desktop, other than that problem, this will be the only way you ever play CivIII again. It's that good.

sorry to bother you dude but the link as been broken to your patch downloads it keeps coming up file not found what seems to be the problem could you give us some help please

Hi,
First my apologies with opening this thread again when the last post is from may 2006. I only just found out about all the mods and I downloaded the new balancer put it in conguest scenarios. It works fine, untill I try to build certain units. I already tried to fix this by adding the ''new'' units from medieval Japan, in the extra map on civ3PTW. Also added the other units that are in those few maps. But I stil keep the problem. And it's kind of bugging me, everytime I really get into the game it crashes... The problematic unit at this piont is the special german medieval infantry, cant recall its name at this piont. Does any1 has a fix for this? Also the link to download portal for balancer reloaded does no longer work.

Greetz Frank

My post got redirected to this thread, guess that is what was supposed to happen?

I just tried using the link in the post directly above yours and it worked fine. I didn't finish the download but it started without issue.

A decent mod, in my opinion, and it is truly what got me started modding my own. But, I abandoned it IIRC because I had tons and tons of units that would never upgrade and I would just have to disband them. Didn't like that.

Hi Carruthers,

before SOC closed down, Marinecorps sent a rescue version of that mod to CivForum.de where it will reappear this year. Unfortunately at least the version at the SOC site never was completely finished. The modern techtree and the wrong techboxes made the modern eras not a pleasure, so at least these shortcomings should be be fixed before re-releasing that mod. You are the first to ask for that mod - after nearly half a year since the closure of the SOC site! So the re-release doesn´t have the highest priority.

In the meantime there are a lot of other interesting epic mods for C3Cto play and to shorten your time until this mod will reappear. :)

Edit:I tried to download or to open the 1.06 patch in post 230 of this thread, but I only receive a PHP-file, that I cannot open. May be with a working 1.06 patch I could do that fixing and the re-upload quickly, so if anybody here still has that patch in a form I can open with winrar or zip please attache it here temporary so I can download it and have a look if the problems of the SOC-version are fixed. In that case Carruthers could get his download of that mod quickly.

Edit 2: The mod still can be downloaded under the second link of post 229. The techtree, especially in the last eras, looks as messed up as in the SOC Version. But it is better than nothing :):

World of the Gunny (Version 1.04, data file and patch):
http://wotg.stgfc.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=512

Top Bottom