[Mod] True Culture Location and Territory Naming for the Giant Earth Map

Some more map updates! Added the Middle East to an earlier post, but here we'll have North and West Africa. I highly recommend extending the western coast of Africa further to the west - it's a bit squished particularly in the Morocco area. I've extended it a bit, but I think it could/should stand to gain another tile or two.

Spoiler Northeast Africa :

Spoiler Map :
HKNortheastAfrica.png

Changes from North to South:
Barbary Coast - shrank river; slight border adjustment. One mountain cleared for Khenchela.
Libya - Border Adjustments
Egypt - Slight tweak to Nile River; Possible mountains for the Eastern Desert - should at least be hills. No cities here though. Possible removal of mountain for Sharm el Sheikh in the Sinai.
Hejaz - Remove mountain for Yadamah
Sudan - Border and Nile adjustments
Chad - Moved Lake Chad and associated rivers
Ethiopia - Move Danakil northwards - some mountain movement
Cameroon - Border adjustments
Ngbandia - Readjusting this to be Central African Republic and South Sudan; Suggest to rename after the Azande/Zande people (Azandia/Zandia? Also, Azania could be an option - it's been proposed as a name for both South Sudan and CAR in the past although the original location in Greek geography was farther east I believe)
Kenia - Added Lake Turkana
Nigeria - Zuma Rock needs to move west (off screen here); the Niger river as a whole also should shift west

Spoiler West Africa :

Spoiler Map :
HKWestAfrica.png

Changes from East to West
Aforementioned changes to Sudan, Egypt, Chad, Libya
Niger - Border Tweaks
Nigeria - Many a new land tile; Zuma rock should move to the tile marked with a little table; Adjusted the Niger River
Barbary Coast - Adjusted rivers, one less mountain
Sahara - Just border tweaks
Mali - Niger River adjustments and border adjustments; Represents southern Mali and Burkino Faso
Mauritania/Morocco/Guinea - Biggest change here: recommend extending the western edge of Africa out by a few tiles. To be honest, I think ideally it should extend another tile or two but I tried to keep it somewhat in check.
Moved Canary Islands a bit over; new island for Cape Verde

Last edited:
Got the relevant territories for each of the new cultures, Gedemon!

Caralans - 47, "Peruvia"
Nazca - 47, "Peruvia"
Taino - 55, "Mare Caribaeum"; 57, "Antillae"
Inca - 47, "Peruvia"; 246, "Chilia"; 52, "Atacama"
Argentinians - 202, "Flumen Argenteum"; 51, "Patagonia"; 203, "Terra Ignium"
Cubans - 55, "Mare Caribaeum"

Mississippians - 63, "Lacus Magni"; 59, "Mississippia"; 61, "Carolinae"; 56, "Florida

Huh... doesn't work?

View attachment 631678View attachment 631680

After specifically adding TCL, game doesn't load?

Game log (sorry best I can do)

[Message: BepInEx] BepInEx 5.4.17.0 - Humankind (6/13/2022 11:23:26 AM)
[Info : BepInEx] Running under Unity v2021.2.14.15834644
[Info : BepInEx] CLR runtime version: 4.0.30319.42000
[Info : BepInEx] Supports SRE: True
[Info : BepInEx] System platform: Bits64, Windows
[Message: BepInEx] Preloader started
[Info : BepInEx] Loaded 1 patcher method from [BepInEx.Preloader 5.4.17.0]
[Info : BepInEx] 1 patcher plugin loaded
[Info : BepInEx] Patching [UnityEngine.CoreModule] with [BepInEx.Chainloader]
[Message: BepInEx] Preloader finished
[Message: BepInEx] Chainloader ready
[Message: BepInEx] Chainloader started
[Info : BepInEx] 1 plugins to load
[Info : BepInEx] Loading [True Culture Location 1.0.6.0]
[Warning: HarmonyX] AccessTools.DeclaredMethod: Could not find method for type Amplitude.Mercury.Simulation.DepartmentOfTheInterior and name DestroyDistrict and parameters
[Message: BepInEx] Chainloader startup complete
[Info :True Culture Location] Initializing GameOptionDefinition...
[Info :True Culture Location] GameOptionDefinition Initialized

@Gedemon
Can send me the publicized version of the latest version of Amplitude.Mercury.Firstpass.dll? The AssemblyPublicizer you linked to isn't working (for some reason it doesn't have any issues on compiletime and builds without any errors, but on runtime it always produces a BadImageFormatException anywhere it tries to reference Mono.Options) and the only other similar app I could find (https://github.com/BepInEx/BepInEx.AssemblyPublicizer) is throwing a BadImageFormatException when I try to run Amplitude.Mercury.Firstpass.dll through it.

Good news - I found a working version of the Assembly Publicizer so I can finally get the project to build in visual studio!

Even better news - I fixed the mod! (I think!)

@Gedemon there's a pull request from my fork of your repo on github with the fix.
It was a pretty simple change once I got the project to the point where it was able to build. It looks like in one of the recent updates, they had removed a method called "DestroyDistrict" in the code in favor of another method called "RemoveDistrictFromSettlement" - updating the references to that method within your code seems to have fixed the issue. I'm on Turn 150 with all of the DLC + the Culture Super Pack and having no issues so far.

Lemme know if I forgot to commit something or anything like that

Good news - I found a working version of the Assembly Publicizer so I can finally get the project to build in visual studio!

Even better news - I fixed the mod! (I think!)

@Gedemon there's a pull request from my fork of your repo on github with the fix.
It was a pretty simple change once I got the project to the point where it was able to build. It looks like in one of the recent updates, they had removed a method called "DestroyDistrict" in the code in favor of another method called "RemoveDistrictFromSettlement" - updating the references to that method within your code seems to have fixed the issue. I'm on Turn 150 with all of the DLC + the Culture Super Pack and having no issues so far.

Lemme know if I forgot to commit something or anything like that
Hi! I would also like to know if it would be possible to try your version. I Imagine you haven't updated the maps for the new civs, but I could help with that until Gedemon retakes the project

If anyone wants to try with my changes, first read the rest of this post so you're aware of the major known issue that I'm tryna fix, but you can download my fork of Gedemon's code from github, open the project in Visual Studio, add references to the DLLs per Gedemon's instructions here using the AssemblyPublicizer from here, then Clean the Solution, then Build the Solution, and then copy the mod's DLL from the solution's output folder to the BepInEx plugins folder.

@Gedemon - hey! Glad to hear your schedule is starting to open up, let me know if you got a chance to look at that pull request (and if there were any issues with it)

It runs without issue initially, but I've been hitting an infinite loading screen somewhere between Turn 150 and Turn 200 on Endless Speed and Turn 30 and Turn 50 on Normal Speed - with the error responsible I think being an array index-out-of-range exception on the AI synchronizer for the minor civs.
It looks like there's some uncaught exception or nebulous issue that's causing the minor civs to not spawn at all, so I think that if we can figure that out and get it fixed, this infinite loading screen should be fixed along with it, but investigating that is where I left off.

I've just been using JetBrains' decompiler to look at Amplitude's code and try and get everything working, but if there's a better way, I'd be interested in hearing about it.
Also, is there some documentation that I can look at for the attributes that BepInEx uses?

Last edited:
I'll have a look at the code ASAP, I've been a bit side-tracked when I installed Stable Diffusion on my PC (AI image generator, very impressive, can see it used to generate 2D pictures for mods), and now looking at what's coming for the game (sound interesting)

I'm using AOM's Humankind Mod Tool to decompile the code in a folder then open the solution to explore it (and I've also set a gitHub repo to track the changes between patches)

For the docs it's here

I think that ability was removed from the code (AOM mod was activating it), would have to be recoded from scratch I'm afraid.

@JWizzleWaggle and people who've used the fix, are there current issues ?

I had a crash fix not published yet related to Diplomatic state change, not sure if it was related to minor AIs.

Going to do some tests, then I'll post a new beta (no ETA)

Ok, new beta versions attached (just a change in the "Cultures Unlock" file for the map)

Got a end of turn lock at turn 160, did you get that same error @JWizzleWaggle ?

Code:
17:37:56:368NoneSTACKIndex was outside the bounds of the array.

Amplitude.Mercury.AI.Brain.Tasks.BaseBuildConstruction:ComputeCancelFactor(System.Reflection.RuntimeParameterInfo)
Amplitude.Mercury.AI.Brain.Tasks.BaseBuildConstruction:ComputeCancelFactor(System.Reflection.RuntimeParameterInfo)
Amplitude.AI.Brain:Run()
Amplitude.Mercury.AI.Brain.AIPlayer:Run()
Amplitude.Mercury.AI.AIController:RunAIDecisionCycle()

Attachments

• GiantEarthMap1.1.1.4-beta1.zip
    779.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Gedemon.TrueCultureLocation.1.0.6.1-beta1.zip
    78.8 KB · Views: 53
Did a few tests, more than 10 players always generate issues from turn 60-70+, with major slow down up to an infinite end of turn. No idea what's causing it, 10 players are fine, 11 players cause delayed issues, and I can't find the initial problem.

That's even the case with the TCL option OFF, so just the base gameplay. I think I'll simply remove the 16 players option from the next public version.

Hi Gedemon, glad to have you back. I can also confirm the major slow down with 16 players, the turn passes but it takes a lot to do it. 10 players are working fine, at least I've got no major slowdowns at the same turn the 16 players test did. Could this be a hardcoded issue like civ 6's max map size before crashing, or do you think it can be fixed?

I think that ability was removed from the code (AOM mod was activating it), would have to be recoded from scratch I'm afraid.

@JWizzleWaggle and people who've used the fix, are there current issues ?

I had a crash fix not published yet related to Diplomatic state change, not sure if it was related to minor AIs.

Going to do some tests, then I'll post a new beta (no ETA)
thats sad.but thank you for reply.love your work!

Top Bottom